It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fiat to invest $1 billion in Michigan, Ohio plants, create 2000 jobs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
More good news for Michigan. Fiat Chrysler said it would invest 1 Billion in plants in Mi and Ohio adding 2000 more jobs.

www.cnbc.com...
FCA, the U.S. arm of automaker Fiat-Chrysler, announced on Sunday that it would invest a total $1 billion in plants in Michigan and Ohio, which will add 2000 new jobs in the United States.

The announcement, in what the company said was the second phase of a plan it first made public a year ago, came days after Ford Motor Company decided to scrap a plan to build a facility in Mexico, instead opting to invest in a plant in Michigan.

The company wants to strengthen it's US manufacturing base to extend it's Jeep line up. They are going to retool a Warren Mi plant to produce a new Jeep and Wagoneer and a Toledo plant will build a new jeep pickup.

Consistent and combined with previously announced investments, FCA US is further demonstrating its commitment to strengthening its U.S. manufacturing base, and aligning U.S. capacity to extend the Jeep product lineup," FCA said.

In a statement, FCA said it would retool and modernize its Warren Truck Assembly Plant to produce a new Jeep and Grand Wagoneers, while a facility in Toledo would build a new Jeep pickup truck. These plans will be in place by 2020, the company said.

edit on 8-1-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Now we need to start making washers, dryers, toasters, blenders, coffee pots, and refrigerators and stoves again. Stuff we really need. They must make these things to last longer so we aren't buying new ones every few years. I have this pet peave about toasters, they work great for about a year then they wear in and the toast takes five minutes and is all dried out. Can't they make a good toaster anymore? What is the world coming to.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

When I buy a frig, washer, dryer, water heater, furnace, stove. I make sure it is made here, and there are still many of these large machines made here. Our frig is 11 years old, stove too. Washer an Amana is 15 years and the dryer is at least as old as the washer.

I can't think of the smaller kitchen stuff like toasters and coffee makers that are made here. I would buy them if they were.
edit on 8-1-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Now we need to start making washers, dryers, toasters, blenders, coffee pots, and refrigerators and stoves again. Stuff we really need. They must make these things to last longer so we aren't buying new ones every few years. I have this pet peave about toasters, they work great for about a year then they wear in and the toast takes five minutes and is all dried out. Can't they make a good toaster anymore? What is the world coming to.

Actually, we need to start making transformers, telecommunications equipment, circuit boards, and "everything" related to our critical infrastructure and defense that is now outsourced overseas.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I agree with you. The prices of these products are not going to go through the roof if made in the US.

What will happen is a the profit margins may not be so fat, but they will be able to sell the products because of the symbiotic relationship of manufacturing and a healthy middle class.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Gotta love it.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Thanks Obama!

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Unless you are giving Trump praise for making this happen a year ago? This is just a continuation of that plan set up last year.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

OK I was wondering if Obama did anything special to get the ball rolling last year?

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

OK I was wondering if Obama did anything special to get the ball rolling last year?

Well while working with a obstructionist congress was able to help facilitate a business climate were FIAT thought expanding in the US was a good idea.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

Unless you are giving Trump praise for making this happen a year ago? This is just a continuation of that plan set up last year.

Yeah but it wasn't permanent until now.

They were planning on cancelling.

The original deal was just a ruse as in election trick.

edit on Jan-08-2017 by xuenchen because: emailedandbounced

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Better business climate? They didn't list that as a reason in the story, do you have a source?

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Better business climate? They didn't list that as a reason in the story, do you have a source?

The move "is a continuation of the efforts already underway to increase production capacity in the U.S.on trucks and SUVs to match demand," the company said, adding that it would help solidify the U.S. as "a global manufacturing hub" for its flagship brands.

More demand then the company can keep up with meaning that the consumer market is turning around, meaning that the business climate is better so the company felt safe last year when they announced this plan are are continuing it.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: rickymouse

Actually, we need to start making transformers, telecommunications equipment, circuit boards, and "everything" related to our critical infrastructure and defense that is now outsourced overseas.

Yes!

It is so weird that a country like the United States rely almost completely in countries overseas for its critical infrastructure! It seems so at odds with the level of paranoia elsewhere in the U.S. government.

Especially the big transformers being produced overseas is surprising. It does not get much more critical than that, not least because of the poor poor state of your electrical grid - forget about redundancy; it is barely adequate as a functioning grid!

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Ooh FIAT is now going to create about 2000 new "jobs" for its slave market to serve the Agnelli oligarchs. Jeeez what a strange evolution!

join