It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: Watch my hand!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
So something my uncle taught me when I was little..

If you want to know how a magic trick is done...Don't watch the hand the magician holds up in front of him and tells the audience to watch closely...watch the other hand that he doesn't want you paying attention to.

Wednesday Trump gives his first press conference in almost 6 month..He rescheduled it from December to this coming week.

Wednesday is also when the Republicans will be cramming in speed confirmations on the most controversial of Trumps nominees.

The Democrats can do nothing to stop the nominations, but hoped to at least get to publicly ask some important questions.

Rex Tillerson for example...recipient of the Russian Medal of Friendship from Putin? His confirmation hearing will be at the same time Trump is giving his press conference...followed by 4 other confirmations...Mitch McConnels wife etc. crammed into the day.

He timed his press conference down to the minute to swamp over any coverage of the nomination hearings..

Always watch what the other hand is doing..

Ethics Office Warns Confirmations For Trump Nominees Are Moving Too Fast
www.npr.org...

Ethics official warns against confirmations before reviews are complete
www.washingtonpost.com... b630851e8_story.html?utm_term=.a2846c26ec9c

Confirmation crush hits peak Wednesday
thehill.com...

The Senate will hold confirmation hearings for no fewer than six of Donald Trump's cabinet appointees on Wednesday. The same day, Trump himself is set to hold his first press conference since July. Also on that day, Senate Republicans will hold a flurry of votes to repeal parts of Obamacare.

If you think that's far too much information for the public to possibly absorb on one single day, you're right — and that's probably the plan.

www.bustle.com...

If nothing else...note the strategy..as it wont be the last time we see it employed where Trump looks to dominate a news cycle while the other hand is slipping something in his pocket.
edit on 8-1-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Trump does a good job keeping everybody guessing.

Nobody can seem to get the upper hand.

Get it?

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

On Wednesday, the Senate will hold hearings for the following nominees:
Jeff Sessions for attorney general;
Rex Tillerson for secretary of state;
Mike Pompeo for CIA director;
Betsy DeVos for education secretary;
John Kelly for homeland security secretary;
and Elaine Chao for transportation secretary.

Most of those nominees are controversial for one reason or another. Tillerson, for instance, is the former CEO of ExxonMobil with no experience in diplomacy, putting his qualifications as secretary of state nominee into question.

Sessions opposes the Voting Rights Act, the Violence Against Women Act, and the NAACP.

Pompeo supports interrogation methods considered by critics to be state-sponsored torture, and so on.

A confirmation hearing on any one of these appointments would make headlines, and not the good kind. But with all of the hearings being held on the same day, it's far less likely that any single appointee will draw too much attention in the media.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Loads of people got the Russia friendship medal. The Canadian prime minister got it too. Doesn't mean #.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Sessions opposes the Voting Rights Act, the Violence Against Women Act, and the NAACP.
Pompeo supports interrogation methods considered by critics to be state-sponsored torture, and so on.

Source ? A good one?
Or just rhetoric tripe ?
I am placing money on the latter . See , anyone can say anything about anyone. Most of it just downright libel

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Ethics office?

Is this a new branch of government? They must be because they sure havent been doing their job if they existed before this little tidbit.

How is a country giving someone a friendship medal construed as a bad thing?
Ill take my politicians with Russian medals over politicians with Saudi money anyday

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Im getting a little tired of reading about Russians in black pyjamas hiding under my bed

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
wow a whole 6 months without a press conference that`s like only half as long as Hillary went without giving a press conference, almost a year leading up to the election without a press conference from Hillary.
trump is a little busy right now so you`ll have to excuse him for not giving regular press conferences to the lying media.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
He had an interview on Fox News after the election. Saying he didn't have a press conference for 6 months is a fake news.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Come on he has a guy from Goldman Sachs and a oil guy. His cabinet is going to scare me more than him.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mya36
Come on he has a guy from Goldman Sachs and a oil guy. His cabinet is going to scare me more than him.

People say they hate rich people, but their investments won't work without Goldman Sachs, their cars won't work without Exxon Mobil. People say they hate rich people, but their lives are dependent on rich people.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Nobody can get the upper hand because half of you still think what he's doing is a good thing. So the other half just has to wait until you see what they see happening.

When do you think that will be and do you think it will be too late to fix any of it when you do see it???

"Let the Plundering of US Natural Resources Begin!!"

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Boo Hoo, dirty Harry implemented the nuclear option to benefit the Democrats and now it bites them in the ass that the Republicans are using it. McConnell should implement the same for Supreme Court just to piss off Schumer and the others.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   

I expect that Trump is going to handle the affairs of the American people as tactfully.

I wish Canada could find a tried, tested and true business man to run this operation.

I heard Kevin Oleary might be giving a run for the conservatives here in Canada. After seeing how the Americans went for someone practical and savvy, it is giving him a lot of momentum. He is a pompous ass too but I would trade him for some politically correct puppet who has a team writing speeches based on market research instead of experience.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Double

edit on pSun, 08 Jan 2017 23:38:10 -06002017 010Sun, 08 Jan 2017 23:38:10 -0600pmAmerica/ChicagoSunday by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Never mind what Trump has in his pocket. I'd like to know what Obama's been hiding in HIS Pockets! Or do I...

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: LuXTeN

Why, Obama is on his way out. Trump is on his way in. Seems pointless to look in the past rather than the future. What's in the past is done. It's the future that should concern you.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: LuXTeN

Why, Obama is on his way out. Trump is on his way in. Seems pointless to look in the past rather than the future. What's in the past is done. It's the future that should concern you.

Because Obama has 10 days for a Hail Mary to completely screw up the country and / or get us into a shooting / nuclear war with russia.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
What's going to happen when Sessions goes after states that have legalized Marijuana?

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

What has dictated past events, will have some impact on future events. The past is never really done. And depending on what you believe, all there is, is Now. Everything has an impact on everything else. Oroborus.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join