It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's debt held by Wall Street could reportedly pose conflicts for new administration

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: Byrd

Just a bunch of crap...at least Trump made his own money Hillary lied, cheated and stole her way. How about Saudis and other countries paying her way. Trump may be an ass but at least he ran his own companies and earned his own money. Hillary is a stooge nothing better than an arrogant prostitute.

A stand up, hard working, tax paying citizen Trump is! /sarc

By the Clinton standard, I'd say so! /nosarc

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Citibank holds my mortgage. I guess it's a conflict of interest. I should sell my house. lol If that was the case the entire congress would have conflict of interests.
edit on 9-1-2017 by amfirst1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: amfirst1

Citibank holds my mortgage. I guess it's a conflict of interest. I should sell my house. lol If that was the case the entire congress would have conflict of interests.

You will not be called upon to make decisions that could cost your business and your family hundreds of millions of dollars, that is the difference. Trump on the other hand is gonna be wrought with conflict and those conflicts might damage his businesses, his relations and his income. You act like it is absurd to recognize this dichotomy. lol

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: banjobrain

originally posted by: amfirst1

You will not be called upon to make decisions that could cost your business and your family hundreds of millions of dollars, that is the difference. Trump on the other hand is gonna be wrought with conflict and those conflicts might damage his businesses, his relations and his income.

Exactly.

What Trump is holding is not the mortgages on his house(s) (well... he's probably holding that.) He's holding it on his businesses and investments.

So it's more like Citibank having a financial lien on the building you work in (I assume you're working somewhere) AND separate loans against your retirement fund and separate loans against your savings account and separate loans against the equipment at your place of work.

...and Citibank wanting favors from the business you work for.

He hasn't been transparent - he's been the least transparent candidate in memory when it comes to his financial and business dealings. He's done his typical tactic of "say and delay" - promising and then not delivering. He can't please everyone, but if he still has Citibank and Deutsche Bank and others on Wall Street hanging around his neck and insisting on one thing when the people insist on other things, who do you think he'll try to please?

Remember, his history is of saying things to fire up people and then reneging on that promise (the "I will release my taxes, I will divest after the election, Mexico will build the wall," etc, etc.)

I think he'll act to help the money and not the people. He stiffs his contractors, and that makes me believe he'll just stiff the average citizen.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   
All politicians lie. Get used to it. If Trump puts that big border tax and stop treason by CEOs closing factories and using foreign cheap labor and reselling in America at original prices, I'd be more than happy.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigTrumpFan
All politicians lie. Get used to it. If Trump puts that big border tax and stop treason by CEOs closing factories and using foreign cheap labor and reselling in America at original prices, I'd be more than happy.

I hesitate to comment, but...

How many Trump products were made overseas? Here’s the complete list. When asked during a Republican primary debate in Miami why voters should trust that Trump “will run the country differently from how you run your businesses,” he answered: “Because nobody knows the system better than me. … I’m a businessman. These are laws. These are regulations. These are rules. We’re allowed to do it. … I’m the one that knows how to change it.” Link

So by your very own standards, was Trump being treasonous at the time he was busy being elected? Is that subject to the statute of limitations, or does he get a pass? Is this giving you a headache?

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Im not saying that...i dont like any of them, but I can abide Trump before Hillary

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join