It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump acknowledges Russia role in U.S. election hacking: aide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

President-elect Donald Trump accepts the U.S. intelligence community's conclusion that Russia engaged in cyber attacks during the U.S. presidential election and may take action in response, his incoming chief of staff said on Sunday.

Reince Priebus said Trump believed Russia was behind the intrusions into the Democratic Party organizations, although Priebus did not clarify whether the president-elect agreed that the hacks were directed by Russian President Vladimir Putin.

"He accepts the fact that this particular case was entities in Russia, so that's not the issue," Priebus said on "Fox News Sunday."

SOURCE

Isn't it incredible how every recent POTUS has seemed to agree with the establishment's view on basically everything? The article linked above is a testament to how much Trump is his own man. It's actually newsworthy that he's willing to accept the official view. I can't remember the last POTUS who wasn't automatically assumed to be on the side of the U.S. government's official stance every time. That fact points to how much of a puppet all of them have been, and how different Trump is.

This is very significant in my opinion because it means we'll have a chance at a POTUS who will act independently at least some of the time. For example, if another 9/11-type event were to occur during Trump's presidency, it could be very interesting. He may actually question the official story. Finally, we have a chance.
edit on 8-1-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Or this is the sign they've now gotten to him too, and he's about to start playing ball with the establishment as one of them.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Until DJT makes a Tweet about this...I still do not believe what the MSM is reporting. This has to come from the mouth of the man himself!

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I don't like the implications.

Goodbye 4th amendment.

S. 754

www.congress.gov...

CISA would not permit them to scrub personal information contained in the data. As a result, the government would have access to information that it would not normally have access to without a warrant.

www.goldbergsegalla.com...
edit on 8-1-2017 by GodEmperor because: broken link

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I wonder how long before he changed his position on this. It's was he does.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

I hope you're right. Maybe he pulled a Putin, let such an idea leak/come from a close associate to the MSM who are so stupidly eager for anything they run with it with no proof so he can deny it and make them look like buffoons once again. Here's hoping.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
LOL

I think Trump is an expert in putting opposition in a comfort zone.

He's had them guessing and guessing and guessing all the way through.

Schumer and Pelosi are pulling their hair out.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Welcome to the new political reality for a disturbing portion of the population. Lies are "telling it like it is," flip-flopping is "brilliant strategy," presidents should lie to the media to punish them for reporting and the President can never be too Putinesque.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Well, you called it.

Unless you were on the up and up....

Hmm...

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

I hope you're right. Maybe he pulled a Putin, let such an idea leak/come from a close associate to the MSM who are so stupidly eager for anything they run with it with no proof so he can deny it and make them look like buffoons once again. Here's hoping.

The notion that we, the people, still "want" to believe that what is told to us is true...is truly breath-taking. We should have powerfully learned already by now that media does not have the best intentions for us. It is like the plug-in drug....listen and watch and hopefully it makes us feel better.

At this moment in our lives the most important question we have to face is how is our own personal "wallet" economy doing as opposed to bicker and batter who said this, and who said that, and completely waste our time unless the president says it himself...either by humility or through humanity. Screw the leftist political agenda to "prove" Trump wrong with Fake Ass News!
edit on 8-1-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

Re CISA, at least least the Whitehouse amendment to expand the horrendous CFAA was dropped. As if the CFAA wasn't bad enough, they wanted to add vague language that could make pretty much any computer "critical infrastructure" and increase penalties for "aggravated damage" (whatever that means) of "critical infrastructure" systems by 20 years which is appalling.

I know there was some other terrible garbage in there but that's the one I really remember because of how egregiously bad it was.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: roadgravel

Welcome to the new political reality for a disturbing portion of the population. Lies are "telling it like it is," flip-flopping is "brilliant strategy," presidents should lie to the media to punish them for reporting and the President can never be too Putinesque.

You say all the above but werent you a Hillary supporter?
Other than the deluded Hillbots out there I dont think anyone questions the fact that she was the most horrendous, self entitled lying piece of crap to (dis)grace politics in recent memory.
Have you finally come to your senses and your post is about Hillary?

Is changing your mind when new information becomes available or circumstances change considered "flip flopping"?

I still dont think it was Russia and Ill believe Trump thinks that way when, as someone above me said, he says it himself

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Semantics matter. "Entities in Russia" is not the same as "Russian".
edit on 8-1-2017 by Templeton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

What a crock of sheet

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Seems to be just to change the narrative away from the msm propaganda on-slaught.

He will discuss with Putin in their first meeting about NWO power structure that still exists currently.

They will attempt to push it aside in the future.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

I was anti-Trump but I probably would have still gone with Hillary over Cruz or Carson.

I dont think anyone questions the fact that she was the most horrendous, self entitled lying piece of crap to (dis)grace politics in recent memory.

That might have been true if not for DJT, a guy so self-entitled that he bragged about how his celebrity entitled him to compulsively grope women. Just about every tweet that comes from him is more digraceful than the last.

And how is that you, an actual supporter of Donald Trump, can muster the audacity to criticize anyone for lying? You've been cheerleading a person who has lied more times on camera in the last year than any human being, ever.

This post pretty much summed up my position. I haven't been shy about calling Hillary a liar. I haven't been shy about criticizing Clinton's lack of separation from the Clinton Foundation, the failure that was the Haiti recovery, her decision to run a private email server which was clearly intended to remove transparency and therefore accountability (or her lying about it).

She was a horrendous candidate, Trump was just worse.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granite
Seems to be just to change the narrative away from the msm propaganda on-slaught.

He will discuss with Putin in their first meeting about NWO power structure that still exists currently.

They will attempt to push it aside in the future.

That's what I figured too. Of course Russia had bones with a possible Clinton presidency. But the didn't do any harm to the American people, they just helped open their eyes. Who cares if Russia helped put away a traitor to the US people. Denying that it is possible and Russia probably did it leaves the door open to find (or fabricate) evidence that it was true all along and make it look like Trump tried to help cover it up.

Russia probably told Trump they did it to help protect him from the establishment too. Another smart move from the Trump/Putin cooperative.

These people in the establishment are going to realize soon enough that they are not smart enough to maintain control. They will fall in line out of self preservation eventually.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

I was anti-Trump but I probably would have still gone with Hillary over Cruz or Carson.

I dont think anyone questions the fact that she was the most horrendous, self entitled lying piece of crap to (dis)grace politics in recent memory.

That might have been true if not for DJT, a guy so self-entitled that he bragged about how his celebrity entitled him to compulsively grope women. Just about every tweet that comes from him is more digraceful than the last.

And how is that you, an actual supporter of Donald Trump, can muster the audacity to criticize anyone for lying? You've been cheerleading a person who has lied more times on camera in the last year than any human being, ever.

This post pretty much summed up my position. I haven't been shy about calling Hillary a liar. I haven't been shy about criticizing Clinton's lack of separation from the Clinton Foundation, the failure that was the Haiti recovery, her decision to run a private email server which was clearly intended to remove transparency and therefore accountability (or her lying about it).

She was a horrendous candidate, Trump was just worse.

LOL

He didnt say he was ENTITLED to do anything, he said they LET HIM, significant difference.

I guess well just have to agree to disagree, I know the MSM consistently accuse him of lying or being deceitful etc etc but as of yet I havent seen it.
Im not blindly pro Trump but I do agree with what hes said so far and will wait to see if he follows through.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

Would you elaborate on how this relates to the OP?

new topics

top topics

join