It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reuters: North Korea says can test-launch ICBM at any time

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Kim said on Jan. 1 that his nuclear-capable country was close to test-launching an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM).

"The ICBM will be launched anytime and anywhere determined by the supreme headquarters of the DPRK," an unnamed Foreign Ministry spokesman was quoted as saying by the official KCNA news agency, using the acronym for the country's name.

Reuters

Well now, Lil Kim at it again!!

I didn't originally find the story on Reuters, I found it on PBS which was a little more dramatic stating a nuclear missile will be launched 'anywhere anytime'. This is something to consider, one of the axis of evil powers that the US has been aching to destroy ever since the Korean war armistice. We are still technically at war, it's just a stand still right now, maybe North Korea will be a good practice run for when we invade Russia and China!

At least the US is prepared to shoot down any test launch that is coming to America. I don't mean to sound alarmist, but thanks to Clinton helping the Kimmy dynasty obtain nuclear weapons, something will have to be done about them sooner or later.

I would prefer sooner, the sooner we start, the sooner the radiation dust can settle.

Anyways, what do you think ATS? Should NK be a priority for Trump presidency to obliterate in his first 100 days? What say you!

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
So can anyone but that doesn't mean that it won't blow up during the test.

Hell I can test a ray gun out anytime, doesn't mean it's going to work.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

I am hopeful it blows up in their fat Commie faces!!!

It's still something to consider, they will continue testing and improving until they get it right.

We should act before that day comes. Wouldn't you say?

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

Unless NK becomes a verifiable threat, we shouldn't concern ourselves with what they are doing. They are a sovereign nation that has the right to test whatever they please, as long as they do not harm other nations.

Should NK be a priority for Trump presidency to obliterate in his first 100 days?

No.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Well, they did hack Sony, a private organization. That's on par with Russians hacking the DNC, a private organization.

What's the difference? Except that NK has promised to 'destroy America'.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The first 100 is better spent on other more pressing matters. Ignore Kim and perhaps he will blow himself up, or better yet leave him to the Chinese to deal with.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Launch, yes. Successfully remains to be seen. I have my doubts.

A Trump administration priority? No. The South Koreans, Chinese, and Japanese are fully capable of dealing with NoKo.
edit on 1/8/2017 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I'm sure they can. They probably will too unless policy towards the DPRK changes.

The North Koreans have no intention of starting a suicidal nuclear war. Their nuclear weapons program is for deterrence. They did make George Bush's regime change list after all.

North Korea is also no longer Communist. They haven't been for a long, long time. It's a subject to debate as to whether or not they ever really were in anything other than "on paper" terms.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

They were successfully launching short-range missiles 10 years ago. Now they are up to ICBMs, when will we decide to put an end to it? When California is on fire?

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

They have no intention of a first strike against the United States, or anyone else for that matter. So California won't be subject to nuclear attack from North Korea.

This idea of "When should we do something about it?" actually fuels the continuation of North Korea's nuclear and missile programs.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor

Well, they did hack Sony, a private organization. That's on par with Russians hacking the DNC, a private organization.

What's the difference? Except that NK has promised to 'destroy America'.

I don't think we should go to war with either nation. It's absurd.

You actually think we should go to war with Russia or NK because of a hack?

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

America is a war economy, without war, we have no economy.

Economic collapse can only be avoided through large scale interventions.

We're just giving them more time to achieve their objectives. Do you really want to speculate whether or not they will use it? How do you know lil dictator kim isn't insane? Have you given him a psyche evaluation? Shouldn't we take people for their word, he has promised to 'annihilate' America.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Who have they attacked with those missiles?

Do you really think Un is going to nuke California? Or Washington? Or Alaska?

He doesn't have a death wish. He wants to maintain his "god status" as is. Kinda hard to do that if you're dead. Or, if you are alive, presiding over a slag heap. He knows what is arrayed against him. Two regional powers that boast first order military capabilities (Japan, and South Korea). A burgeoning global power (China). ...and the preeminent super power (the US). None of which would react favorably to NoKo launching a nuclear ICBM towards anyone, much less the US.

Do you, even for a moment, believe there aren't plans sitting in safes somewhere with detailed plans for the eradication of North Korea? The US alone could do it...maybe. With allies in South Korea, and Japan...and China in all likelihood sitting it out--they certainly would not come in on the side of North Korea, nor would Russia the results are fairly obvious.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Such statements have been common from North Korea for the past 70 years. It's the rhetoric they use.

Bill Clinton was making a great deal of advancement with North Korea to ending their nuclear weapons program. Bush Junior put an end to all that, Obama continued Bush's hardline stance leading to the current situation. No concessions will be gained from North Korea until an olive branch is extended.

The current hardline policy will simply fuel more nuclear weapons and missile development.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

What situation? Nothing much has changed. Un doesn't dare use the bomb on anyone, as that would result in his demise, very rapidly. He can't attack South Korea, as that would bring the US, and Japan down on him as well.

Any war the result is forgone. North Korea loses.

This rhetoric has been essentially unchanged in nearly three quarters of a century. They will destroy us. Yadda, yadda, yadda.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

A war economy? Really?

You need to get out more.

link   

America is a war economy, without war, we have no economy.

Perhaps we are no better than NK then.

Do you really want to speculate whether or not they will use it? How do you know lil dictator kim isn't insane? Have you given him a psyche evaluation? Shouldn't we take people for their word, he has promised to 'annihilate' America.

I'd like to have a better reason for going to war than what you have provided.

It's good for the economy and he's a nut?

Seriously?
edit on 8-1-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

link   

The situation wherein North Korea will continue it's weapons and missile development almost completely unhindered.

Since US demands that North Korea for all intents and purposes leaves itself defenceless before any negotiations take place. Quite obviously North Korea will not accept such demands. I don't think they even expect them to.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

China helped out North Korea during the Korean war. I see NK as a proxy state for China, it will be a sacrificial lamb in destroying South Korea, and possibly to launch attacks against Japan as well.

You are making an assumption that Kimmy is not psychopathic, yet one characteristic many political leaders share is... psychopathy.

A sane person does not do the horrors he has committed against his own people. America made a promise to the world decades ago, to never allow to a leader like this to exist ever again. Yet here he his, sitting cozy testing ICBMs.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

The weapons, I suppose, serve the same purpose they served, and still do, during the stand off with the Sov's. Deterrent. Never intended for use, save in the direst of circumstances. Or so it is to most fervently hoped, as I've no desire to see mushrooms sprouting anywhere.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join