It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lifter Project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   
The Lifter works without moving parts, flies silently, uses only electrical energy and is able to lift its own weight plus an additional payload. The Lifter uses the Biefeld-Brown effect discovered by Thomas Townsend Brown in 1928. The basic design of the Lifter has been fully described in the Townsend Brown US Patent N�2949550 filed on Aug 16, 1960 and titled "Elektrokinetic Apparatus", you will find in this patent the full description of the main principle used in the Lifter devices.

jnaudin.free.fr...

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Kitty,
Thanks for the interesting find. I'm not sure if I believe the site, though... Still, I like to work on experimental devices, so I might try to build one of these contraptions if I have the time.

Jim

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I didn't believe it either, so, I built one (three actually).
Pretty cool stuff. Now if NASA would just release their findings on the technology all will be good

Also go here www.americanantigravity.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 09:42 AM
link   
when I was looking into Lazar's claims, and researching antigravity in general. It's fascinating to see that some of these principles, just might bear out. An interesting tidbit, the element he mentioned, (now called Uninpentium, or something to that effect...not officially in existence yet) is right above an element with diamagnetic properties, on the periodic table, and elements in the same column typically share similar characteristics....

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Thanks for the additional info, guys.

My latest submarine was stolen... so I need a new project to work on. This may be it!

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I have herd that if charge the outside skin of a craft to the opposite charge of the air around it that the craft will rise. opinions would be helpful

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Here's an article from 'wired' about Lifters:

www.wired.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
Thanks for the additional info, guys.

My latest submarine was stolen... so I need a new project to work on. This may be it!

When you get one that isn't made of balsa wood and can actually lift something let us know. I am kinda dissappointed that all these things are just little models. Please somebody build a real one.

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The problem is the power supply. Generating a high enough voltage to power a substantially larger unit is impossible with conventional batteries. One promising technology is here.
www.betavoltaic.com...
Otherwise, a true nuclear reactor would be the only other way and for some reason they won't sell me one at the hardware store

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Also, without an enclosed cockpit, I imagine that a person could come to considerable harm, either from the corona or the electricity itself....

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
Also, without an enclosed cockpit, I imagine that a person could come to considerable harm, either from the corona or the electricity itself....

indeed. I've heard from a friend that plays with lifters that if a large one is wired wrong, it carries enough punch to knock a person across the room.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I found a great sight with lots of pics on the lifters and they also have video and lifter kits you can purchase as well.

americanantigravity.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 04:48 AM
link   
interesting that, why have we not heard about this before more, seems to me they could be very useful, andd i think the military probably built something similar with a nuclear power source or NERVA engined it. Also anti noise would keep engines quite.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Nasa DID release it's findings regarding lifters, and I can't remember if I poste it here or not. Basically what they found is that they were able to verify the effect that others have discovered, but they were also able to get their lifters to lift MUCH highter amounts of weight, just by increasing the frequency. They obviously explained it much better, but in effect, they could create far more lift, without requiring all that much more power. Remember though, this was from my limited understanding of electricity, and how the thing actually works. I will try to dig up the link, but bascially from all I remember reading, NASA said that it works, and it seems to work better than anyone thought!

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Read the link OIMD posted, it covers NASAs findings on lifters. Basically they do not work in a vacuum, but have interesting theoretical applications anywhere there is an atmosphere.

It also explains how the lifters ionise the air to induce the flow of air down through the middle of them, and hence the levitation effect.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 09:16 PM
link   
It's a neat concept. You can clearly see the Ionic Wind at work on several pictures, especially at www.americanantigravity.com. Funny all those people that are claiming anti-gravity is at work here. Problem is, the lifers have been tested in a vacuum and they dont work.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Email on the subject... its not anti gravity at all just capacitance moving the air around.

In a recent issue we touched on a hobbyist "antigravity" device called the "Lifter" as one example of the technologies that *may* be undergoing
research by NASA, national laboratories, and universities. (See www.theharrowgroup.com...
20031027/20031027.htm#_Toc54762180) for a picture and pointers.)
Although the Lifter looks interesting at first glance, I asked for anyone with direct knowledge in this field to teach us a bit more, and of course you came through! Here is a selection of your insights:
* Bill Hees --
"About a year ago I built a lifter according to instructions on Tim Ventura's "antigravity" web page. Then I did a little research as to how it worked. Lifters are not as special as the name implies. It
seems the asymmetrical capacitance effect is capable of moving small amounts of air relative to the device, which amounts to being able to push a very lightweight device through the air. A conventional motorized propeller or fan blade does a much better job of this but nobody calls them "antigravity devices"! No so-called lifter has even gotten close to lifting itself completely off the ground. While a lifter's 2 ounces of thrust may overcome its 1.9 ounces of aluminum foil
and balsa wood, you can't ignore the 20 pound power supply it's tethered to.
A lifter engine is still potentially useful in that it pushes air using no moving parts. If made a couple orders of magnitude more powerful it might make a nice bathroom fan."

In fact many of you, such as David below (and thanks! to all who responded), advised us that "lifters" apparently will not work in a vacuum, and so clearly are not "antigravity" devices:
* David Schachter --
"I looked at web references regarding "lifters" for an hour or two this past summer. Lifters don't work in a vacuum, which they would if they actually nullified gravity in some way. They create streams of
ionized air (like the Sharper Image "Ionic Breeze" air cleaner) that result in an upward force on the platform."

Closing out our discussion on lifters, Luke and a partner spent a semester of their USC days explicitly studying lifters with some scientific rigor. The result is an interesting and easy to read report at www.princeton.edu...
which would seem to clearly support their final conclusion:
* Luke Uribarri --
"This paper's firm denial of antigravity's existence (in the lifter) and of the usefulness of the lifter for practical applications refutes the more misguided of the claims iven by the researchers on the Internet.
While the lifter can continue to be a fun (albeit dangerous) novelty item, it can now be approached as such and not as [a] revolutionary technology..."

Taking The Air Out Of Lifters' Sails.
So, overall, it seems that the lifter is a lot of hot air (ions, actually) when it comes to antigravity. Take away the air, and it lifts-no-more.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
There was a big to do about lifters on youtube years back.
DC voltage even lifted up lightweight triangles of balsa wood with a wire attached.
Some how they were apparently on the right track.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
So what would one do if you hooked up one of those Honda generators to it? For instance,
could the lifter lift the Honda generator and essentially carry it? We won't know until someone tries it.
edit on 3-11-2012 by CAPT PROTON because: formatting

top topics

join