It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't we get Vegas out of football!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Watching my team throw the game right now.... It's painfully obvious that owners/g.m. are on the horn with vegas. Apparently making money on the spread is better than honest sports. So tired of watching this crap over and over....

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
the refs are keeping greenbay in it..

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
That accusation came from inside your brain somewhere, but if you are to be taken seriously it requires some sort of proof. Just because you're frustrated doesn't mean your favorite team is doing something illegal. They could just be a team playing poorly. Unless, of course, as an expert fan you are quite certain that YOUR team is the BEST team, therefore the only logical explanation is that they are intentionally throwing the game.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
rogers hail mary, its fixed

edit on 8-1-2017 by Prankster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Prankster

Good point, I've never seen Rodgers throw a clutch hail Mary before.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Was supposed to irony/sarcasm... apparently I didn't expound that enough. . Jesus guys, lighten up.

We could use a new offensive coordinator though. In my opinion.
edit on 182017 by Natas0114 because: Second thought

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Natas0114

funny enough the over/under is set at...wait for it....

44 1/2

score right now?

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

44 1/2

score right now?

Vegas doesnt like to lose money. Its not rigged they are just good at their job.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Who thought the Giants were gonna go to Lambo and actually win? Who thought the Lions were gonna win, no way they are going to the Big show. Gonna be Seahawks and Steelers, just watch.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MiloTheMarauder

Rodgers and Dak will face off, Rodgers will win it. At least one hail Mary, not a fan of either.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Rodgers and Dak will face off, Rodgers will win it. At least one hail Mary, not a fan of either.

That would have to be in the NFC Championship game, not the Super Bowl.
Dallas and Green Bay are both in the NFC.

My Super Bowl pics are Green Bay vs New England with the Patriots winning again.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zerodoublehero

originally posted by: Vector99

44 1/2

score right now?

Vegas doesnt like to lose money. Its not rigged they are just good at their job.

I knew a guy that set odds. Sports genius to say the least. The games they are set to make odds for, they obsess over. They literally know every single thing each player from each team did during that week. It's actually quite amazing how much info they have on a week to week basis.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   

I'll take that GO HAWKS.

I know they've got to get past the falcons first but I really want to see the legion of boom knock that goofy smirk of Aaron Rodger's stupid face.
edit on 1/9/2017 by Josephus because: It's Aaron Rodger's stupid face not Aaron Roger's stupid face.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Just... Please God, if you're up there, don't allow Green Bay to win. I can't stomach watching Rodgers strap on an imaginary wrestling belt again as if it means more than his NFL team winning the Superbowl!

Disclaimer: I'm a a lowly Bears fan, so I'm rooting for my Steelers fan friends.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
The Super Bowl isn't about the winner, it's really all about the loser. It is!

Vegas will steer the outcomes of games via betting/odds, influence and sponsorship such that the most reviled and hated team will make it into the Super Bowl. This will ensure two things for Vegas and team owners...

1. The game will draw the absolute most possible viewers (to support sponsorship) and people willing to bet on the loser.

2. Optimize the most possible people who will bet with emotion rather than objectivity (i.e. bet on the reviled team to lose). In other words, they will attract the most people willing to bet with their heart and not their heads.

These two things will optimize profits in the sports betting world.

People aren't betting on the winner to win, but rather the reviled team to lose. However, just to keep things a little less than patently obvious; during years when there isn't a real bad-guy, they'll make one. They'll do this by manipulating playoff games to put a team in the SB who probably doesn't belong (i.e. got "lucky"). This creates just as much emotion based betting as does the 'hated' team scenario. Just look at the teams in the past (10) Super Bowls to see the trend.

It's all rigged! It's ALL about the money, nothing more.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
mobile.twitter.com...

I know this is an American football thread but for a chuckle here's an exchange between my are police, Devon and Cornwall constabulary, and a soccer fan reporting they were robbed after losing to Plymouth last week or so.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Fantasy football has ruined the chances of that ending any time soon. If anything its much worse because of it.

top topics

join