It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Roswell UFO crash news bulletins - Radio audio

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Assuming it's not necessary to introduce the Roswell UFO case to this audience, I do want to share this audio clip of the first radio news bulletins of the Roswell UFO crash right after it happened.

It is interesting to note that at some point they mention multiple "saucers" crashed.

Also, at 10:10 they radio voice states: "there have been reports of odd things in the sky for the past 150 years". So apperently the UFO topic was not that new at that time.

It's definitely a rabbit hole, and you are bound to find some crazy or nonsensical stuff the more you look. My personal belief is: something crashed, we recovered it, we got wise REALLY QUICKLY to the fact that not everyone and their mom should know this thing exists (for obvious reasons), and we have been (slowly or quickly, depending on your perspective) reverse-engineering some astounding technology from it.

But in these cases it's always a smart thing to start from the beginning and I think this broadcasts may share some new light to the case... for what it's worth

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Is this available in text?

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Not that I'm aware of, I guess speech to text could be a solution here, but it's not great audio quality so...

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SirBlackKnight

The thing that I have always found odd is how was this labeled a flying saucer? How did that happen?

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang
Is this available in text?

In the section below the video you can click on the 3 dots where it says more. From the dropdown menu you can then choose "transcript". I think it's an automatic voice-to-text system, so it's not always 100% accurate.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Never heard this in its entirety, thanks for posting. I always thought the wording was very interesting for the time. Almost as interesting as the tech boom that really picked up soon after.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r

This is gold, listening to stories in the past in its original form!

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

The UFO Museum in Roswell has multiple displays that, of course, feature the details around the crash. One display is the repeated recording of that old radio transmission. And i believe they also feature a display of the teletype printed message that was ordered stopped in transmission by the FBI as the local news agency attempted to send out a subsequent, more detailed story.

I've been there a couple of times and it is not "fairly tale" land. They have attempted to replicate and report the actual details of the event in various chronological settings displays and buy a T-shirt or a coffee mug. (Unlike the gift shop at Cape Canaveral that does not allow a single item in the store that features the word "UFO" or the big-eyed alien. Sort of the old "not invented here" syndrome I reckon.)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Nice find, the first part about roswell is pretty bad. But the rest of the audio is pretty decent.
It's very interesting to hear how these reports were perceived and conveyed in that time period. Lots of humor and sarcasm, which I did not expect.

'I sure hope people will stop calling me asking if I found the cup to go with my saucer'

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

I don't believe in the story though, but when I was growing up I loved the Sci-if mystery at Roswell, wish I just had a little piece of it to remember my childhood..

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Never mind, audio gets better at 4 minute mark.
edit on 8-1-2017 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   
It has been awhile since I have read anything on the Roswell incident so if I am just plain wrong well then....oppps.

But what I find odd is that when they recovered the crashed "weather balloon" They loaded it onto a semi and trucked it half way across the country to Wright- Patterson AFB in Ohio.

Now maybe that is just what they do, standard operating procedure for all weather balloons launched.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Great post!!!
Whats with the crazy sounds in the beginning? Some Infrasound to hypnotize us into believing the official narrative? Messages from the aliens? A government confession disguised and broadcasted as a subliminal message?
Joking! Joking!! Those are some weird sounds though. Any audio guys know what causes that? Maybe the old tube amplifiers and/or feedback?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Good point!
One of my favorite head scratchers on this topic, is that they state that the soilders who found the crashed 'balloon' mis-identified the object! Lmao!!!!
At that time the Roswell Army Air corps (the predecessor of the current Air Force for those who dont know) was the ONLY military installation in the WORLD with nuclear weapons. So if the call came down from the White House Roswell A.A.C. was occupied by the people responsible for pushing the button, as well as maintaining our nuclear arsenal.
So you mean to tell me these men are in charge of the most powerful weapons in the world, they have the highest security clearances at that time, they have the capability to end life as we know it, but theyre not smart enough to tell the difference between a weather balloon (which were launched DAILY from their airfield) and an extra-terrestrial craft?!?!

I call BS
edit on 9/1/2017 by Brian4real because: Grammer

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Nice find OP.

There was a massive UFO wave in 1947 and those who want to know a little more could do worse than start with Ted Bloechers's pdf Report on the UFO Wave of 1947

a reply to: Brian4real

One of my favorite head scratchers on this topic, is that they state that the soilders who found the crashed 'balloon' mis-identified the object! Lmao!!!! At that time the Roswell Army Air corps (the predecessor of the current Air Force for those who dont know) was the ONLY military installation in the WORLD with nuclear weapons......

The two guys who went out to the Foster Ranch to inspect the wreckage, Mac Brazel had come into Roswell to report, were Jesse Marcel and Sheridan Cavitt. The fact that Roswell AAF was the only base in the word with nuclear weapons is also correct but not necessarily important in the point you make.

We all know (at least I think we do) that Jesse Marcel thought the materials found were not of this earth. He eventually decided to go public some 30 years after the events at Roswell.

Sheridan Cavitt however did not make any statements until the 1990s when he was given permission to ignore any security oaths from the US military concerning the case.

He stated that he thought then, and also at the time of his statement, that the debris came from a balloon.

So only one of the officers misidentified the wreckage. What you choose to believe may well influence who you choose to believe.

The official story of course is that it was a secret project Mogul balloon. These were launched from Alamagordo not Roswell AAF. So people on the base would not necessarily be familiar with the material and equipment being used.

For more info:

On the 9th July the Roswell Daily Record retracted the Flying Saucer Headlines of the previous day.

... Fort Worth, Texas, July 9 (AP)--An examination by the army revealed last night that mysterious objects found on a lonely New Mexico ranch was a harmless high-altitude weather balloon -- not a grounded flying disk. Excitement was high until Brig. Gen. Roger M. Ramey, commander of the Eighth air forces with headquarters here cleared up the mystery.

The bundle of tinfoil, broken wood beams and rubber remnants of a balloon were sent here yesterday by army air transport in the wake of reports that it was a flying disk.

But the general said the objects were the crushed remains of a ray wind (sic) target used to determine the direction and velocity of winds at high altitudes.

Source : Roswell Daily Record - July 9, 1947

Unfortunately neither Marcel or Cavitt thought to take a camera with them (or if they did we have never seen nor heard of snaps of the debris field). Marcel never mentioned seeing alien bodies (nor for that matter did Cavitt). The story became a footnote in UFO history until the late 1970s when Marcel piped up.

However the US military do not come out of the story well either. They chose to change their story a number of times. There has been continued debate about whether a Mogul balloon really was the cause of the incident and what really happened.

We know something fell to earth near Roswell in the early summer of 1947...but I'll leave people to make their own conclusions as to what it was.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Still think they are covering something up. Not saying ET, but in my opinion, the official story is a lie

top topics

join