It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Max Loughan Boy Genius Or Something More?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Your problem is that you are assuming boundaries within nature.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Double post.

edit on 8-1-2017 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

My problem is that I read the paper, and that's pretty much what it comes down to. There's not a lot of "there" there.

and, my other two problems are, I need to go cook something to eat, and I'm stalling, and tomorrow begins the reading-onto part of a new job, and despite what many would think, that's the most boring-ass phase of all. So I need alcohol.
edit on 8-1-2017 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

What about me bedlam?😯

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

What about me bedlam?😯

Virtual red wine for everyone! (I can't have beer for another 30 pounds...)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Nope i only drinks the 211 steel reserve. Nothing but quality for me.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

It's real enough and he didn't invent it either. We have always been able to turn radio waves into energy. Problem is you only get a couple of Volt's good for say charging a cell phone maybe much above that useless. And it isn't free energy your just stealing it from the radio station. My son and I built this for his 10 grade science project we actually got about 3 volts.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

If confirmed, the practical upshot of this technology would be amazing. Solar panels could provide the electricity needed to keep the thruster working, meaning that propulsion would be low-thrust and long-term with virtually no associated cost. That would not only drastically reduce the cost of keeping satellites running and in orbit, but it could make interstellar travel much easier; Harold White, of warp drive fame, predicted that a beefed up version of the QVPT could reach Proxima Centauri in about 30 years (assuming the concept actually works at all).

Warp drives aren’t such a harebrained concept any more, so why should quantum drives be?

While NASA might not want to talk about it, though, for us it’s worth discussing just how this drive’s creators hypothesize the thruster works. By now, most people are aware that the laws of classical physics tend to break down at the quantum scale, and exploiting that fact can give you interesting little physical impossibilities like infinitely accelerating negative-mass photons. However, the effects of these quantum-scale impossibilities have always stayed at the quantum scale; sure one atom could theoretically phase-shift through another, but we still can’t run through walls.

www.extremetech.com...

Especially, the violation of energy and momentum conservation laws have been heavily criticized. In a presentation at Nasa Ames Research Centre in November, 2014, Harold White addressed the issue of conservation of momentum by stating that the Q-thruster conserves momentum by creating a wake or anisotropic state in the quantum vacuum. White indicated that once false positives were ruled out,

Eagleworks would explore the momentum distribution and divergence angle of the quantum vacuum wake using a second Q-thruster to measure the quantum vacuum wake.[63] In a paper published in January, 2014, White proposed to address the conservation of momentum issue by stating that the Q-thruster pushes quantum particles (electrons/positrons) in one direction, whereas the Q-thruster recoils to conserve momentum in the other direction. White stated that this principle was similar to how a submarine uses its propeller to push water in one direction, while the submarine recoils to conserve momentum.[64] Hence, the violations of fundamental laws of physics can be avoided.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 8-1-2017 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: imd12c4funn

This again?

Look, an RF rectifier and aerial is not a free energy device. The RF is generated by radio stations, cell phones and towers, WiFi equipment and as noise from lots of electrical equipment. Someone generated it and paid for it. The amount of 'power' that can be captured is really minute, because the amout being generated in the first place is vanishingly small.

This same crap about this same kid keeps getting gets rolled out. Can't anyone fact check?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Who died an made you omniscient?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: anonfamily

i did - but with his new powers - he resurected me

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: imd12c4funn

Yup. Complete bollocks.

*IF* it was genuine science, it wouldn't have all the crap about antichrists, the bible and stupid numerology about 666, etc.

Nope. Utter junk.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonfamily

You don't need divine intervention to get a highschool-level of scientific literacy.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonfamily

Maxwell, Newton, Einstein, Fourier, Poynting, Ohm, Watt, etc.

Also, decades of experience in the field. Not that it takes all that much to sort this one out. Bla bla anti-Christ bla bla Tesla and that's pretty much all you need to know. But having a EE makes it easy to look at his setup and say "bull#".

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

What about developing the technology to amplify the Casmir effect?

www.researchgate.net...

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Perhaps you should explain why such a conclusion is impossible.

I myself would really like to hear it.

Bedlam actually refers to:

Bethlem Royal Hospital, London hospital first to specialize in the mentally ill and origin of the word "bedlam" describing chaos or madness.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 9-1-2017 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai
What about developing the technology to amplify the Casmir effect?

Sort of a total non-sequitur for the thread, but you also googled for keywords and didn't read the paper.

It's not nothing to do with amplifying the Casimir effect. They're using the Casimir effect to amplify a DC voltage they're trying to sense.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai
Perhaps you should explain why such a conclusion is impossible.

Which one?

Bedlam actually refers to:

Bedlam actually refers to two things - One, a literary trope or archetypal figure which is a sort of male Cassandra, telling truths that others hear but do not act on, or do not understand until too late, in retrospect. See also: King Lear. Earlier on ATS I was known as Tom Bedlam, but I had to leave for a long time and forgot my password.

Two, it's one of two military nicknames I had. Without going into a lot of unnecessary detail, I swapped between running communications gear and blowing up stuff, and the blowing up stuff hat had other duties like being the professional door-kicker and laying contact breakers as needed. As the king of unwelcomed dynamic entry, I always believed that the core of you and your buddies getting in and out with all your bits intact is inducing maximum confusion and chaos in the people to whom you are paying the old surprise visit; a sort of physically literal interpretation of Kipling: "If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you", if you will. At some point I was asked why I did a particular set of things to add to the liveliness of the festivities, and I replied "It maximizes the bedlam", and it stuck.

I like Bedlam better than Pandemonium, which might have been the other option. And yes, I understand that pandemonium refers to groups of demons.

eta: also, the old lady is a literature buff, my name actually IS Tom O'[something] and when she heard my buds calling me Bedlam she thought that was why, which was funny. So even she calls me that on occasion, still.
edit on 10-1-2017 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: RiptKeys
This kid was actually covered by a major news station and shows how his device works. And does it in real time.
I'm pretty sure this kid will have a horrible unexplained car accident soon. Or double tapped in the head, and ruled a suicide.

News report here with video and transcript:

KTNV Reno

I looked at the link and what I see is a coil of wire and antenna lead that can pull energy from the air. I would like to know if he can truly prove where the power comes from. I have a background in electronics and have made plenty of coils like this before because I lived under some high tension wires and I was able to power small devices without a problem. My Oscilloscope was able to verify that I was pulling in a 60hz carrier and depending on number of turns, gauge of wire, type of core (air, ferrite) and whether I had sleeved a tuning coil I could get some significant results but it was not FREE...

I would like to see if he can verify the source frequency maybe 60hz power or possibly the earths Schumann (7-8hz) or it may be stray RF wireless as well as radio communications either way this device should work outside the city limits and should be able to run continuously. I do not see it happening but would love to be proven wrong.

We have not see inside the coffee can and frankly, he only needs a single rectifier diode and maybe a smoothing capacitor to demonstrate the concept, especially driving a string of LED's. If he is so good at building these things why can't he solder a single connection, twisted wire connections just don't cut it in my book either. He does not even use wire nuts in some cases.

I'm not ready to accept this story, it needs some polish and it need to have the scientific method applied to it for testing out the theory. He also needs to be prepared to find failure so he can learn from it and grow better approaches to this problem.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

The information is appreciated and thanks for opening up.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join