It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There’s more than meets the eye about the net worth of The Donald and Company

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The “Politifact” column of today’s newspaper rated Donald Trump’s statement that his first 17 Cabinet appointments “have a net worth of more than a third of America,” as “mostly true.”

There is a hidden nature to all of that wealth building which took place mostly in recent decades (the last five being most relevant).

Let me quote (or at least paraphrase) an old proverb: “Show me a society with lots of laws, and I will show you a highly perverse society, indeed.”

People seem to believe that laws, laws, and more laws filter out the worst people from rising through the ranks to the heights of business success thus making it possible for only the best, most upstanding, honorable, and reputable people to rise to such heights.

This is absolutely false!

Lots of laws cause the best people to lose interest in being involved in the competitive fray, and they tend to drop out leaving the realm totally to the worst ilk who don’t give a flying you-know-what about the existence of such laws.

Case in point: the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 which makes the C.E.O. of a company personally liable for any accounting irregularities that arise at his company. Because of this, a lot of people who otherwise would have been candidates for the C.E.O. position have now expressed a desire to have nothing to do with that position, thus leaving that career opportunity to those who care little to nothing about the existence of that law and oh, so, many others. These nonchalant types will just buy their way out of trouble by spending money on armies of lawyers, fines, and, yes, even bribes.

Now, why did I note that the last five decades of big time wealth accumulation by the uber-rich were most relevant?

Well, those were the five decades that just coincidentally coincided with so-called “government enforced equality” in this country meaning the equal housing, equality-in-accommodations, equal opportunity in employment and equal pay laws.

Enforced equality where there is no such equality is highly illogical thus violating the most basic rule of logic: “If A = B, then A = B, but if A not = B, then A not = B, PERIOD!”

For two things to be equal, they have to be exactly the same in every aspect right down to their smallest details, right down to their subatomic particles and beyond.

If you try to enforce illogical laws, then you will have dysfunctional and unintended consequences. In the last fifty years or so, under these laws, real wages have gone down, down, down with the disappearance of the middle class while the rich have gotten richer and richer and uber-richer. This is hardly “equality,” now is it?

Next, consider the ilk who have ascended to the heights of success in the business world under the illogical and illusory institutions of political correctness and “equality.” They can’t be termed “high society,” but rather “LOW SOCIETY.”

You don’t even have to consider people at the top. If you are involved in the corporate world or any company that is covered by the equality laws, just observe the lowest-level managers. What are they like? Do you respect them and their decisions? Do they do things that confound you? Are they crazy? Do they favor morons and assorted unemployables? Do they seem to be true [or false] to their own kind... to themselves? Are they big-time phonies?

I once did a basic analysis of what kind of person ascends the ranks of success under government enforced equality, and it boiled down to this: such a person demonstrates one or more of the following traits: dishonesty, stupidity, or insanity.

Remember: if there is only one thing to make Donald Trump suspect - IN JUST ABOUT ANY SITUATION - it is that he ascended to his position under the auspices of political correctness and government enforced equality.

Ditto for The Donald’s wealthy Cabinet members. Why, you may as well have Steven Spielberg’s merry band of fed-after-midnight-gremlins running the United States of America Government.
edit on 8-1-2017 by theworldisnotenough because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: theworldisnotenough

Logic no longer works on ATS and criticism of Donald Trump will not be tolerated.
edit on 8-1-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: theworldisnotenough

The “Politifact” column of today’s newspaper rated Donald Trump’s statement that his first 17 Cabinet appointments “have a net worth of more than a third of America,” as “mostly true.”

What column in what newspaper is this ??

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Do a Bing web search on the following keywords and much will come up: Trump's first 17 appointments have a net worth of more than a third of America.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Do a Bing web search on the following keywords and much will come up: Trump's first 17 appointments have a net worth of more than a third of America.

So there is no column in a newspaper ?

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

There is. Check out this webpage of Politifact from Dec. 30, 2016: www.politifact.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
/
edit on 8-1-2017 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Taupin Desciple

You don’t even have to consider people at the top. If you are involved in the corporate world or any company that is covered by the equality laws, just observe the lowest-level managers. What are they like? Do you respect them and their decisions? Do they do things that confound you? Are they crazy? Do they favor morons and assorted unemployables? Do they seem to be true [or false] to their own kind... to themselves? Are they big-time phonies?

I once did a basic analysis of what kind of person ascends the ranks of success under government enforced equality, and it boiled down to this: such a person demonstrates one or more of the following traits: dishonesty, stupidity, or insanity.

That explains a lot.

So you could say that it isn't really the fault of the top-tier of a company for giving dim-wits positions of mid-level authority, they are just going by the letter of the law. Think about that for a second before you agree with me. If that's the case, then you contradicted yourself by saying earlier that the top tier themselves are only there because they don't care about the laws. Which is it? Do they care about the laws or not? You can't have it both ways.

When it comes to business, you have to realize that not every decision is made because of government regulations. Decisions like who to promote, from what I've seen first-hand after 30+ years in the workforce in 4 different states, comes down to internal decisions. What is best for the company at the point in time when the decision is made. Would you get along well with other managers for the sake of mid-level decisions all being in sync, for example. Government laws are typically not considered unless someone cries about some EOE issue after the fact. There were times when I advanced in a company and times when I didn't. In either case, I didn't see that decision come about because of a federal law. It happened because I was either in sync with a company's needs, or I wasn't. It didn't matter what my age or ethnic background was, it mattered on whether the work I did was needed on a higher level. That's it. That's all there was to it. I was either qualified and fit in, or I wasn't and didn't. Whether I thought the decision was right or not, or whether I thought management was stupid or not, is beside the point.

I get your point though and for the most part, it's valid. But don't make the mistake of thinking that government work laws and regulations make a difference, because for the most part, they don't. They're just something politicians write up in order to appear as if they're doing something to justify their job title.

In other words, they're useless in real-time applications.

Here's what reconciles any seeming contradiction. The system is highly dysfunctional, vile, dishonest and phony, as are its principle players.

They play the disabled against the able-bodied white male.

They play the homosexuals and transgendered against the straight white male.

They play foreign workers within and without the United States against domestic workers.

Etc.

In summary, the equal opportunists don't observe the law (e.g. putting the screws to the White male), while, at the same time, they make a false show of complying with the equality laws.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

There is. Check out this webpage of Politifact from Dec. 30, 2016: www.politifact.com...

PolitiFalseNews There. Fixed it for ya.

Truth is, having stood in the presence of many people at the pinnacle of The Game ... I freely admit they are more intelligent and craftier ... than Joe the Plumber.

Signed,
Joe TP

ETA: And check this disclaimer at the bottom of the source article (LOL):

Pocan says Trump's first 17 Cabinet appointments "have a net worth of more than a third of America."

One-third of American households have a combined net worth of roughly zero. So, the combined net worth of Trump Cabinet members is greater, but so is that of any American who has a net worth of more than zero.

edit on 812017 by Snarl because: ETA

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

yes but they all fall for it..

who's to blame if i can fool you 3 times ?

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Logic no longer works on ATS and criticism of Donald Trump will not be tolerated.

Nonsense. I support Trump but like many other Trump supporters I am still suspicious of him. Supporting someone's vision does not automatically mean you will blindly follow their actions.

Everything is not black and white...

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Remember: if there is only one thing to make Donald Trump suspect - IN JUST ABOUT ANY SITUATION - it is that he ascended to his position under the auspices of political correctness and government enforced equality.
Ditto for The Donald’s wealthy Cabinet members. Why, you may as well have Steven Spielberg’s merry band of fed-after-midnight-gremlins running the United States of America Government.

More troubling to me is the sheer amount of debt Trump has, both directly and in his partnerships in other companies, something like 150 institutions in the order of $1.8 billion have money owed to them by Trump and partners, some of those high-end institutions are on shaky grounds themselves, something that Trump may have to intervene in as President. Since you used the word 'ditto' for the rest of his cabinet, the same might be applicable to them in their own financial dealings, and their financial positions, but we don't know that....yet.

www.independent.co.uk...

edit on 8-1-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Good thread! Well written and made me think hard about my lot in life. S + F

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

OHHHH well you should have said so in the first place !!

Sometimes Politifracked gets it right sometimes.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Very insightful op. No matter how many show up to pick it apart.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Why do you care? Why do you even ask this? You quote random bloggers, so what are you even trying to get at besides making it sound like this person is somehow not meeting a standard that you yourself often do not meet?

What gives Mr. fox?

Is it TRUE or NOT or partly true and partly not, etc. Those are better questions, no?

edit on 8-1-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Well the Opening Post referred to a "column of today’s newspaper".

I wanted to see it is all.

Calm down.

After Politifact itself was cited, I now see the issues and can analyze coherently.

I wonder what decisions will be impacted by people with money making the decisions ?

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

a reply to: AboveBoard

Well the Opening Post referred to a "column of today’s newspaper".

I wanted to see it is all.

Calm down.

After Politifact itself was cited, I now see the issues and can analyze coherently.

I wonder what decisions will be impacted by people with money making the decisions ?

analyze coherently? So you are going into comedy now the elections over!

decisions? Well here's a few of them, Steven Mnuchin, Treasury, known as the foreclosure king, known to work with...Aaaaaah! George Soros. They made a killing in the crash, lovely little Munchkin.
Betsy DeVos, (AKA Betty Boop) reputed $5Billion...Bloomberg ahem, $130Million, well she's in good company, position? not sure, probably various.
CIA director, Mike Pompeo,Tells porkies, and will execute Edward Snowden if he comes home...likes: waterboarding, loves NSA bulk data collection meme.

Attorney /discriminator general: Jeff Sessions, likes: having a big mouth.

department of energy, Rick Perry, objective? would eliminate his department if only he could remember what it is called.
edit on 8-1-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The Federal Office of Government Ethics has said many of Trump's nominees for Cabinets have not been properly vetted.
It's concerning because confirmation hearings are to begin on Tuesday, and several nominees have not been examined fully for possible ethics violations.

thehill.com...

Trump's next move, eliminate the Federal Office of Government Ethics?

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
The Federal Office of Government Ethics has said many of Trump's nominees for Cabinets have not been properly vetted.

Ewww! Maybe getting that done is for the best, after all, they do keep saying the world is overpopulated!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join