It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Russia defeated the USA?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: banjobrain

Why would that be bad?

China and US have major economic investments, it serves as a barrier to conventional conflicts between the nations.

Are you suggesting we should isolate Russia? Attack Russia?

The same argument can be made for the candidate who lost. What does that tell you?

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor

Why would that be bad?

China and US have major economic investments, it serves as a barrier to conventional conflicts between the nations.

Are you suggesting we should isolate Russia? Attack Russia?

The same argument can be made for the candidate who lost. What does that tell you?

Come on, do you have to couch your responses on hyperbole, did I say attack Russia?

It is bad because if Trump has to go against Russia, who is making big moves in the world in the OIL industry (the industry the US currency is directly based upon) Trump would be called to take actions that could devalue or destroy his investments in Russia. It is a terrible conflict of interest. What if your job asked you to make a decision that could wipe out your own bank account? Would you be a good choice for that position?

Clinton IMO was a danger to Russia long term strategic position which is to build the pipeline through Syria, to supply the European market with oil at a cheaper rate than the US tankers can who have to sail it on expensive ships.

I have no idea what it tells me through your eyes... It tells me that Clinton was bad for Russia and Trump is good for Russia.
Whether or not Russia will put Trump in a terrible conflict of interest is yet to be seen, but recent events make me think it will happen.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I believe Trump has specified disconnecting the US currency from oil prices. I would prefer cheaper oil prices, like millions of people would. Under the Obama administration, Russia has gained more territory, Clinton would have continued that same strategy. Not to mention the strategy employed by the Obama admin that empowered isis.

Wouldn't it be more advantageous, if Trump had an interest in Russian resources, to invade the country and simply take them?

It seems you still have a cold war mindset, viewing Russia as the enemy. It's a different strategy, that doesn't involve an armed conflict with Russia. It's good to have those concerns, but you really don't have any idea what the plan is.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

a reply to: ThingsThatDontMakeSense

Right, because DT is a manchurian candidate programmed by Russia who hacked the elections.

Care to comment on the topic? Or did you forget how to post in the correct thread?

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ThingsThatDontMakeSense

This is a quote from a thread I posted, it's my unfiltered thoughts on the subject.

Donald Trump is president, the AEI has the reigns now, and there approach will be the new norm. We are going into Iran, instead of Russia. The AEI uses terror on our own soil to justify military invasions. There will be a new 9/11 come 2017, sooner than anyone would like. It will be used to justify invasion of Iran.

People may think that this would obviously be an act of war against Russia. The AEI, in my opinion, favors a temporary neutral ground with Russia and siding with them against China. Russia may give covert support to Iran, but there will be no US-Russia conflict in Iran.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

I believe Trump has specified disconnecting the US currency from oil prices. I would prefer cheaper oil prices, like millions of people would. Under the Obama administration, Russia has gained more territory, Clinton would have continued that same strategy. Not to mention the strategy employed by the Obama admin that empowered isis.

To be honest, it is a little frustrating for me that so many of you really don't see the BIG picture. YES you may a conservative and I am a liberal to some degree, but there is a huge chess match that has been going on and I think we all need to wake up before it is too late. One of the things you are not understanding is that the us dollar, the currency that makes up the money in your wallet, the money in your retirement fund, 401 or whatever is DIRECTLY LINKED to global sales of oil. Meaning the sale of oil GLOBALLY is done in dollars, USD, US dollars, the money with George Washington on it.

www.google.com... .64.serp..2.5.241...0i22i30k1.cObra5GMB7M

This means if oil begins to be sold in other currency, the US dollar will be weakened, if the system is abandoned, even partially, ALL our money will be wiped out. Our country will be bankrupt and our country will die economically speaking.

The conflict and victory in Syria was a major step in that direction because the US and Russia have each been trying to establish a pipeline,

www.google.com... e.net%25252Fen%25252Farticles%25252Foil-prices-and-syrian-civil-war.php&source=iu&pf=m&fir=Pq0LQzy4-UzxGM%253A%252CHNCNVLASF_o3bM%252C_&usg=__W_1kFEL6 jcOA4RVtZ0sUZMtistw%3D&biw=1238&bih=680&ved=0ahUKEwj5_fvf-8DRAhUhxoMKHS8VCAUQyjcINA&ei=nL95WPm_E6GMjwSvqqAo#imgrc=Pq0LQzy4-UzxGM%3A

a new system that would deliver oil and gas directly to Europe, look at this map. Do you see the importance of the battle over this pipeline considering the basis of our AMERICAN money

www.google.com...@36.6373639,-2.9509469,4z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x131421b81c473c9f:0x2e93598afeccf840!8m2!3d34.5 531284!4d18.0480105

If Russia demands that oil is paid for in the Ruble, all of Europe will be forced to abandon the dollar to by energy from Russia, the effect will probably destabilize the US dollar enough to crash the dollar as Europe is a HUGE market and our
most important strategic ally.

I know you like Trump and Putin and you probably hate liberals and all that other good sh!t, but I am talking real deal bad stuff man, not the everyday political banter we have all been doing for years. the problem is we have all been so trained and accustomed to hating each other, that we cannot see when we are in REAL danger. I don't know if Trump is a really good or really bad man, but what is going on in the world is a chess game and we are playing gotcha.

What do you think?

Do I sound like I am just pulling your leg for some cheap political points?

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I think you are experiencing a role reversal due to the Trump presidency.

We went to war in Iraq because Saddam began trading oil for other currency.

Same with Libya.

Iran is primary target since they have begun trading oil in other currencies.

This isn't some game to be played, it's a natural progression. Are we going to war with every nation that eventually decides to trade oil for other currencies? Are you willing to sacrifice your body and your soul for profits that you will never benefit from?

The currency basket has already been shifting, under the Obama administration, the IMF has included the Chinese currency into the currency basket.

America has a choice, to go to war with the rest of the world to maintain dominance, or to adapt to the coming changes and accept that global domination is a fool's errand.

Look at history, every empire that has over-extended their influence, has collapsed. Are you comfortable with more Iraq wars, more death and destruction, more nations turning against America, to secure oil sales in USD?

You are supporting a strategy that has been ongoing, and has shown serious faults. The US economy is being propped up, you are condemning Trump for the very thing you are in support of. Think of that. Trump making decisions that help him in the short-run for his financial concerns, look at what you are supporting; imperialist conquest to maintain an agreement to keep the USD propped up artificially.

2001 is the year the economy was going to collapse, it would have been bad, but we would have been able to recover. The war in Iraq was not only to maintain the petrodollar, but to stimulate the US economy in order to offset collapse. That collapse almost occurred in 2008, but stimulus packages for the 'too big to fail' companies (indicative of fascism) delayed the collapse further, compounding the intensity for the next. This abandonment of capitalism (boom/bust), only guarantees systemic collapse, total collapse further down the road.

A system based on infinite growth, on a finite planet, cannot sustain itself. Expansionary warfare will only delay the collapse, and only can be avoided through the culmination of global war against the east. Do you know what happens, when the US corners nuclear powers? When those powers have no other options, other than to push the button and pray it's not an ELE.

YOU are not looking at the bigger picture. You are focused on the hegemony of US imperialism, you are not concerning yourself with the longevity of the human species.

I don't see our destructive path changing, you can rest easy, knowing that a global nuclear war is coming. That is what you want, because that is the inevitable conclusion of our current path. This will be the first global war fought in space, it will be so unimaginably destructive, our ancestors will be learning to write about it in caves; if any humans are left.
edit on 14-1-2017 by GodEmperor because: sp

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I'm so sick and tired of hearing about 'how Russia interfered with the US elections'. So what if they did? America is the worst country in the world in interfering with other countries elections and even more!

When Obama interfered with the UK Brexit referendum (which back-fired on him), I didn't hear you liberals crying about that.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty
I'm so sick and tired of hearing about 'how Russia interfered with the US elections'. So what if they did? America is the worst country in the world in interfering with other countries elections and even more!

When Obama interfered with the UK Brexit referendum (which back-fired on him), I didn't hear you liberals crying about that.

Well when the US abandons NATO under Trump and sees the UK alone and being pimped on with staggering gas prices you may have a change of heart.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join