It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Russia defeated the USA?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: banjobrain

Hillary Clinton was in favor of Iraq war resolution. 62 million liberals voted for Hillary Clinton.

Joe Biden also supported Iraq war, he became VP.

There was only one senator who voted against the patriot act.

The only reason so many democrats opposed Iraq war, was because a republican was in power.

I was opposed to the Iraq war during the Bush years, then Obama comes in but war is alright in Middle East now, the left went silent- no protests no nothing. So it's not the fact the left is anti-war, more they are just anti-right.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
I think Russia will join NATO in 2017.

It would be good for commerce.

Countries don't 'join' NATO, they surrender. But not even to NATO, Nato is just the enforcement branch, they surrender to IMF, World Bank and US AID.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilliamtheResolute

originally posted by: 3daysgone
So which of the leaks from wiki leaks is false? If Russia had anything to do with the hacking they only shared the truth, right? That means that America won, with Russia's help. Anytime you are told the truth, it is a victory for you. You may not like the truth, but none the less it is the truth. I don't understand your defeatist agenda.

Hail Comrades!

Oh yes, the truth about a very small part of the entire game, a truth to make the game play out in the right way for Russia which has been screwed over terribly by American sanctions.

It's not a defeat, for Russia. I think it will be a major defeat for my wallet, the US has just lost a huge portion of it's future income, but we are all globalists now so I can always hit the FOREX.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Templeton
Defeated the USA in what contest. I will concede they won a non existant race if it helps you break from the red fever so we can move on.

Oh yes, Russia is more trust worthy than the systems we pay a TRILLION dollars a year to fund!

You have broken my Red Fever with your deep analysis comrade
edit on 8-1-2017 by banjobrain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: banjobrain

Defeated the USA in what contest. I will concede they won a non existant race if it helps you break from the red fever so we can move on.

Oh yes, Russia is more trust worthy than the systems we pay a million dollars a year to fund!

So the game is about trust? What do we spend this money on that is supposed to build trust?

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor

Hillary Clinton was in favor of Iraq war resolution. 62 million liberals voted for Hillary Clinton.

Joe Biden also supported Iraq war, he became VP.

There was only one senator who voted against the patriot act.

The only reason so many democrats opposed Iraq war, was because a republican was in power.

I was opposed to the Iraq war during the Bush years, then Obama comes in but war is alright in Middle East now, the left went silent- no protests no nothing. So it's not the fact the left is anti-war, more they are just anti-right.

Bush designed and prosecuted the war in Iraq, 62,040,610 Conservatives voted for Bush. Is this like a hot potato game here???

We opposed the war because it was stupid, destabilizing and based upon lies.

The larger point is, Russia has played the game correctly, and America has lost the game it started.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Oh yes, Russia is more trust worthy than the systems we pay a million dollars a year to fund!

So the game is about trust? What do we spend this money on that is supposed to build trust?

I guess nothing, we spend a trillion dollars a year on nothing I guess since you cannot even identify what we are talking about here. The American government are liars! Trust Russia!

See, the game is won when there is nothing to trust
edit on 8-1-2017 by banjobrain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

The alleged Russian hacks proved a number of things:

Mainly that the democrats are not intelligent or responsible enough for positions of power. It also revealed that the DNC is essentially corrupt to the core.

America has not lost anything, Hillary and democrats lost, America won this time.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Are you saying Americans should be ultranationalist with unquestioning loyalty to any decision or claim made by the government?

Why did you oppose the Iraq war then?

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Russia is always losing. The west is the buyer. You must appease the buyer when there are options in the market. Russians should be well off, but they are not. The country has an immense amount of resources, but their government has repeatedly failed at mobilizing the population to allow production to flow freely. It's really a piece of sht government run by an incompetent and insecure person. Seriousy, no one with a normally functioning brain rides a horse with their shirt off. It's nice to have politicians we can laugh at though.

The best part about all this is that the other big consumer, China, is fully invested in solar manufacturing which Americans want and are willing to pay for. They follow our lead in technology consumption in many ways. I have another friend in WV putting panels up right now. The investment potential is huge which is the nail in the coffin for Russia's plans. They picked the wrong fight and are going to lose again. It's a matter of demand. What will the middle east do when China (which must introduce renewables for their own survival, they are in a health crisis in some areas) and the US are flooding consumer dollars into solar and battery storage? As an upcoming homeowner, I want these technologies. I'm willing to pay a nice price to get off the electric companies teets. Oil is a doomed market. Investors have known this for a long long time. People always thought we would run out of oil before better energy sources took a strong foothold, but that ended up being incorrect. I have my dollars lined up in renewables. The market is going that way too. Where is Russia in the renewable market??? NOWHERE. They have nothing to offer the wise investor. They're too unstable anyways.

As far as the ATS confusion against the hacks goes...these people here always forget that they are merely lemmings and bottomfeeders who would never be allowed access to non public information. When Trump starts shutting his mouth, like he has over the issue, you know he saw things that we aren't allowed to see. It's a consensus in the government and pretty much everyone now. No more freakouts and denials from Mrs. Conway, no more silly tweets from Trump mocking American intelligence officials. Adult time now. Only ATS idiots remain confused about this.

Don't let this place get you down. Many ATSers believe that you can inject yourself with super bacteria and become an Xman super hero. That's the level of intellect here. Grains of salt.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

The alleged Russian hacks proved a number of things:

Mainly that the democrats are not intelligent or responsible enough for positions of power. It also revealed that the DNC is essentially corrupt to the core.

America has not lost anything, Hillary and democrats lost, America won this time.

You are a master of the Hegelian Dialectic! Your enemy are Americans and your neighbors, you cannot trust them, but you can trust Russia!

It was all so simple, a chimp can figure it out, thank goodness for your thoughtful analysis comrade.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I guess nothing, we spend a trillion dollars a year on nothing I guess since you cannot even identify what we are talking about here. The American government are liars! Trust Russia!

Fine by me. No one should trust their government without skepticism. Is this a revelation to you? If it's a game of trust then yes Putin won when he framed our highly cynical of government constitution.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Trust the market. Trust the consumer. It's about dollars my man. Don't worry about Russia. They'll go away soon enough.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

It's real simple actually.

Democrats want to use the 'Russia hacks' as an excuse to destroy America by way of dismantling the electoral college, and suppressing alternative media outlets that do not fit the liberal narrative.

The height of the Cold War saw massive amounts of Soviet infiltration into left-wing activist groups in America, especially the 60's peace revolution. Those Communist ideals that were imparted into the 60's flower children, were imparted on their kids, and so on; now we have the modern liberal, the product of Communist propaganda and a tool of destruction of the very foundation America was built on.

Your attempts to associate the right with Russians are laughable. It's a nice propaganda technique, but I am well aware of Bernays et al. I see exactly what you are doing.

I guess now you are in full favor of all those US military bases encircling China and Russia? You no longer oppose PD-59, which is still in effect, ironically implemented by a liberal.

I think you're still angry that Russia has abandoned their Communist roots in favor of capitalism. Must be why you don't even acknowledge the massive amounts of Chinese hacking that has continued through the Obama admin.
edit on 8-1-2017 by GodEmperor because: content

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Words and ideas have consequences, and this situation is potentially more dangerous than an invasion by a foreign army.

A couple things here to help make the perfect storm we're in now. One led to spreading the idea of distrust of not just government but of fellow Americans (Gingrich), and one gave power to the increasingly fringe movement. One, the Republican Party itself began splintering after 1980; two, with the RINOing of the Republican Party starting in the 90s (and is STILL ongoing!), the party became a faction by 2009, unable to govern effectively under the system of governance our Founding Leaders gave us.

The split among conservatives, described as the "split between the Burkean politics of realistic adjustment and the revanchist politics of counterrevolution":

With Reagan, the argument between realism and revanchism all but ended. The revanchists had won. They consolidated their power during the 1990s when Republicans spent the better part of Bill Clinton’s two terms trying to delegitimize him, even as he collaborated with them “to end welfare as we know it.” The movement’s new Danton, Newt Gingrich, who became speaker of the House in 1995, proposed “reforms”—”term limits” for representatives, the purging of moderates from committee chairmanships—that would have mystified conservative thinkers, such as Burnham and Kendall, who had contended that Congress’s strength derived in large part from its institutional traditions.

The right, which for so long had deplored the politics of “class warfare,” had become the most adept practitioners of that same politics. They had not only abandoned Burke. They had become inverse Marxists, placing loyalty to the movement—the Reagan Revolution—above their civic responsibilities. In 1995, the time of Gingrich’s ascendancy, Kristol buoyantly spelled out the terms of revanchist strategy: “American conservatism is a movement, a popular movement, not a faction within any political party. Though, inevitably, most conservatives vote Republican, they are not party loyalists and the party has to woo them to win votes. This movement is issue oriented. It will happily meld with the Republican party if the party is ‘right’ on the issues; if not, it will walk away.” By this calculus, all the obligations flow in only one direction. Parties are accountable to movement purists, while purists incur no reciprocal debt. They determine the “right” position, and the party’s job is to advance it. Kristol does not consider whether purists might be expected to maneuver at all or even to modify their views—for the good not only of the party but also the larger polity.

from 2009, Conservatism Is Dead

The factioning that led to a parliamentary style is discussed in the book by Mann & Ornstein “It’s Even Worse Than It Looks”

After decades of institutional and social distrust sewn by revanchist Republicans, along with Americans in general turning to irrational thinking (media as well as individuals), Americans succumbed to Russian influence. Russians found our weakness and infiltrated.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Are you saying Americans should be ultranationalist with unquestioning loyalty to any decision or claim made by the government?

Why did you oppose the Iraq war then?

No, I am saying look at this outside of the lens of partisanship and you will see that the military, the government, the intelligence community are not trusted by the American people. Yet the same government employees will come to work on January 21st, the same systems will be in place, but they are all liars, right??? Why should we continue believing it, or even funding it if you are so certain the whole artifice is lying to your face??? Just this week the GOP released their proposal that funds these agencies that you are certain are lying to you, balls out. So, where does it end? Is the GOP evil for funding these evil agencies that are lying to you?

That is the problem, Americans just like you, like me, do not trust eachother, the government, the intelligence community, the media... If it's all a lie, what are we even doing?

If you are student of history, you will see that Marx's predictions are here, your posts exemplify what he proposed to a T.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

...As far as what the US has done around the globe, I think it is terrible. Unfortunately my wallet and my well being have to take sides in the coming consternation.

I understand it and I see you do too. Personally I'd rather live more humbly than to try and keep propping up the unsustainable with blood-letting. Economic collapse is coming one way or another as the laws of both economics and history tells us.

You make the choice for your wallet. I understand it's a tough choice, but let's be clear that it's a moral choice.

At least you guys are looking at it from a realistic point of view.

We have very little, if any, control over how this going to play out, at this stage of the game. This is no longer about just Russia or America, or even the good guys or the bad guys. The globalist are setting up their game board and already have most of their pieces strategically placed.

One month the boogeyman is the ME, then China, then Venezuela, then Turkey. Every day it is, Danger! Danger! Look over here! Look over there! Armageddon is on the horizon!

In the end, what does any of it matter? The only thing that is going to matter is, do you have a roof over your head, and is there food to put on the table? If we knew a financial collapse will happen tomorrow, what could we do about it today? Who controls those dollars?

If we walked outside right now and saw planes raining Red Dawn down on us, how would we stop it? I tried to withdraw some money from one of my retirement accounts last week, I was told it would take 3 days before it reached my checking account, it took 10 days, with a bunch of phone calls, and a bunch of apologies. When they shut down the banks, how long do you think it will take to get your money, if ever?

Think you can save yourself from having to deal with banks by having cash on hand? Some banks won't take over a certain amount of cash, unless you have a receipt proving where you obtained the cash. Some businesses will not take cash. So what are you going to do when the global powers control the board, the pieces, and you.

Steve, 68, has been an HSBC customer for 50 years and headed straight to the nearest branch, as he wasn’t comfortable carrying around such a large lump sum. He also needed the money to go straight into his account to pay off a credit card bill due in a couple of days. So he was baffled when the teller at the HSBC in Thetford, Norfolk, refused to take his cash - because he didn’t have a receipt proving where the money had come from.

Ethel Hülst had saved for some old-age luxury all her life, cash-in-mattress style, and wanted to exchange her old-issue-note savings for new-issue banknotes. Faced with demands of proving where her cash came from, she could not produce receipts that would have been older than a decade. The Central Bank denied her an exchange of issue, having her life savings expire into invalidity.

The best we can hope for is to be prepared for whatever the globalist have planned for us in their new world order. Oh, we pose a potential problem for them if we choose not to play nice in the sand box, but they still hold all the cards.

edit on 8-1-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Word edit.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Fine by me. No one should trust their government without skepticism. Is this a revelation to you? If it's a game of trust then yes Putin won when he framed our highly cynical of government constitution.

Side with Russia then, Americans are all liars, especially the ones tasked with "keeping us safe", the ones who inform military
strategy and security.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I never believed the media before, I won't after Jan 20. Nothing will change in terms of a Global Corporatist State.

If anyone rigged the elections, it was the US intelligence agencies. The right has been stewing for a long time, feeling disenfranchised and lost faith in the government. Now that faith is restored, and the US can enjoy continued stability of a slow death for everyone except the .01% elite class, until the next election cycle.

Trump ran as anti-establishment, the GOP and DNC both showed public disfavor for him. If he truly is anti-establishment, and is really out for the betterment of all of America, he will be assassinated.

The goal of real conservatives is taking away power from the federal government, giving it to the states. Every election of democrat vs republican is simply a question of whether you want Global Imperialism or Imperial Globalism. You tell me the difference.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Liberals are butt hurt witch-bitch lost. Obama is trying to implement a scorched earth retreat before the 20th. The MSM is trying to sow doubt about Trump.

Liberal Socialists have screwed the whole world wanting some utopia with everybody holding hands singing kumbaya and eating tofu. They want everyone equal and beaten down so nobody will feel bad about themselves. Well, boo hoo. Heaven forbid someone do something to improve their lot in life. Can't have someone smarter, richer or with more toys. Bunch of lackluster Eloi, so dumbed down they are only good for prey.

This propaganda is all about throwing money at the intelligence agencies to keep us safe from the, dunh dunh DUNH, "Red Menace". The MIC is afraid peace will break out in the world and there won't be any money for new toys.

It's all security theater, bringing back the Cold War of the 50's, with bigger budgets to fight the, dunh dunh DUNH, "Red Menace".

The old RINOs and many others in Congress want another war.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join