It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Russia defeated the USA?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: banjobrain

...As far as what the US has done around the globe, I think it is terrible. Unfortunately my wallet and my well being have to take sides in the coming consternation.

I understand it and I see you do too. Personally I'd rather live more humbly than to try and keep propping up the unsustainable with blood-letting. Economic collapse is coming one way or another as the laws of both economics and history tells us.

You make the choice for your wallet. I understand it's a tough choice, but let's be clear that it's a moral choice.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: midicon
a reply to: banjobrain

I think you are missing the point. The Russian's never 'took Syria', they were already allies. They defended Syria against the US's illegal attempts at regime change. Syria was never any of the US's business in the first place.

You are focusing on the public framing of this conflict, the point the MEDIA everyone distrusts have been spinning.

The truth is that this has been a conflict for Oil rights and the distribution to Europe and Eurasia. I suppose it is none of America's business, but it was in America's economic interests to not lose the Entire distribution chain to Europe. If you don't have dollars, or American Real Estate or anything in American money you will be cool. The chickens are gonna come home

www.google.com... l-price.net%25252Fen%25252Farticles%25252Foil-prices-and-syrian-civil-war.php&source=iu&pf=m&fir=Pq0LQzy4-UzxGM%253A%252CHNCNVLASF_o3bM%252C_&usg=__O_ nxRcyYO45yAEEQ_cd77Ruao_s%3D&biw=1220&bih=680&ved=0ahUKEwjOrPafkrPRAhXolVQKHbL3A74QyjcIMw&ei=J4ByWI79Keir0gKy74_wCw#imgrc=Pq0LQzy4-UzxGM%3A

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Lookin into to this outside. What really bothers me is, it is totally insane that country as big as US cannot have decent trustworthy POTUS canditate in decades. It is also a reason why Trump was selected in the first place as it started like a joke and ended in triumph, as he was different than other canditates and was selected without real backup of GOP.

I would say Clinton era was when everything in political scene and WH went deep down and sideways. Clintons has never been anything else than puppets to mr Soros, C:s never had american intrest before their own. Bush was GOP last straw of hope, and Soros put billions to take him out of his seat. Obama was welcomed puppet to mr Soros and during his time Soros has been able to play his grand plan in US also in EU.

Soros has no ability or influence in Russia, so only way to compete Russia is by dimishing and turning every other countries against it.. well you see it happen all around US and EU. There are big media houses rendering Russia everyday as war seeking culprit and NATO has been armamenting Eu in every corner close to it. Is Russia really so dangerous ? Russian armament is not so good as it was in cold war times.. so i would say no. There is something sinister to play Russia out and implementing the New World Order.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Yes, I'm aware of the Marx doctrine. What you seem to ignore is the new President has been elected on restoring that faith and trust in our gov't. On our nationalist views.

I prefer to see that as a positive. I also believe that those that would continue the growth of an overpowering and self-ruling gov't would use the very talking point you have.

After all, they wouldn't want the change to occur would they?....

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Stop lying.

The proposed Nabuco pipeline from 2009 was simply proposed, and it's not an oil pipeline it's natural gas.

The 'Friendship' pipeline is also a proposed pipeline, coming from a different source, for different players.

Rather than US and Russia cooperating and putting both pipelines through, liberals want wars of death and greed. See how easy a solution I just proposed; no nuclear war necessary.

You are also crying about the petrodollar agreement between oil producing arab states, maybe you should have thought about that before going off the gold standard and basing US currency off oil sales.

Also, Russia lies to their people, but Russia does not need to lie to the American people, the truth hurts more in this case. Getting US news from MSM is akin to Russian citizens getting their news from RT.

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
No, Russia has not defeated the US. People are in danger of believing their own propaganda.

Russia has a comparatively small economy (about the size of South Korea), which is undiversified and uninfluenced. The annexation of Crimea has brought a recession courtesy of EU sanctions, and the Russian economy has failed. The Russian defence budget, while large, is a shadow of the defence budgets of NATO.

More importantly, Russia's "soft power" is way down the rankings. No one likes them; well except Syria and Iran, Cuba and Venezuela, and a handful of other regimes.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

I or no one else is in the position to say Russia didn't interfere with our elections. ....

I applaud your post, very succinct points and I cannot disagree with any of those points raised. To me, it's is not about believing Russia or Putin, it's about the loss of trust in our leadership.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

originally posted by: banjobrain

...As far as what the US has done around the globe, I think it is terrible. Unfortunately my wallet and my well being have to take sides in the coming consternation.

I understand it and I see you do too. Personally I'd rather live more humbly than to try and keep propping up the unsustainable with blood-letting. Economic collapse is coming one way or another as the laws of both economics and history tells us.

You make the choice for your wallet. I understand it's a tough choice, but let's be clear that it's a moral choice.

Well I just fear that the reality of our crash will be much worse than typing about it now. I think I am saying, America will be responsible for all the debt in the world in that our money will be sacrificed to give birth to the new system, which will ironically enough be a globalist system haha

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: pale5218

Don't you think that the loss of trust was long overdue? Hey, did you ever trust any of them anyway. Or...would any sane person trust the sea of calumny that is our respective governments?
Lack of trust is the best thing ever to happen.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Yes, I'm aware of the Marx doctrine. What you seem to ignore is the new President has been elected on restoring that faith and trust in our gov't. On our nationalist views.

I prefer to see that as a positive. I also believe that those that would continue the growth of an overpowering and self-ruling gov't would use the very talking point you have.

After all, they wouldn't want the change to occur would they?....

I don't think you see what is happening. The Marxist doctrine has nothing to do with who is president, it has to do in what the people believe. The faith in the government, the media and the system we use simply has to be undermined to achieve what Marx predicted. The population will be at odds, there will be very little consensus on what it true and what is fake at which point the country becomes weak and constantly reactionary, instead of strategic. The change is happening, the US just lost a huge Oil market because everyone think Obama is a communist Muslim who is funding ISIS. As a result Russia wins, takes the resources and transforms the Oil Market in their hemisphere. They already won, all this monkey, ground level, Libtard/Rethuglican rhetoric is Marx's theory come to life. We aren't even discussing the real game anymore, just reptile brained, high-school banter.

Comrade time

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor

Stop lying.

The proposed Nabuco pipeline from 2009 was simply proposed, and it's not an oil pipeline it's natural gas.

The 'Friendship' pipeline is also a proposed pipeline, coming from a different source, for different players.

Rather than US and Russia cooperating and putting both pipelines through, liberals want wars of death and greed. See how easy a solution I just proposed; no nuclear war necessary.

You are also crying about the petrodollar agreement between oil producing arab states, maybe you should have thought about that before going off the gold standard and basing US currency off oil sales.

Also, Russia lies to their people, but Russia does not need to lie to the American people, the truth hurts more in this case. Getting US news from MSM is akin to Russian citizens getting their news from RT.

Deny Ignorance.

Of yeah right! Liberal declared the War on Terror! Liberals rammed the Patriot act through! Oh yeah and Liberals weren't out protesting while Bush and the GOP were out trying to destabilize the middle East and fight the AXIS OF EVIL! History has transformed MAGA!

Your post exemplifies exactly what has happened. You are so committed to twisting the truth and taking sides, that you are ignoring what is really happening geopolitically.

Not to be offensive, but your post is riddled with psychological cognitive dissonance. Are you anti US? Anti Russia? Both, none all??? Do you want Russia to win, US to fail, but Russian are liars, but the US is too, but it's the US's fault, but who cares, the Russians are liars!

The psychology of your post sums it all up, dissonance, dissonance, dissonance, but you are certain!
edit on 8-1-2017 by banjobrain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
No, Russia has not defeated the US. People are in danger of believing their own propaganda.

Russia has a comparatively small economy (about the size of South Korea), which is undiversified and uninfluenced. The annexation of Crimea has brought a recession courtesy of EU sanctions, and the Russian economy has failed. The Russian defence budget, while large, is a shadow of the defence budgets of NATO.

More importantly, Russia's "soft power" is way down the rankings. No one likes them; well except Syria and Iran, Cuba and Venezuela, and a handful of other regimes.

The Russian economy is so small because sanctions have kept it artificially small. Now they are gonna not only have fields open up in the north, but they will have exclusive right to deliver oil to Europe through a faster and cheaper method than the US currently uses. Once Russia is the main supplier in Europe, how do you think NATO is gonna fair?

They played the long game, and America played high-school, hail comrades one and all.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Democrats overwhelmingly supported Iraq war and patriot act. The GOP was voted against this year, they were opposed to Trump, the Right at least attempts to fix their mistakes. The Left doubled down with Hillary.

Let's not forget Obama re-authorized the patriot act, and expanded wars into Libya, syria, Yemen, and Pakistan.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
There is no doubt Americans are losing faith in our institutions, but it's not because of Russian propaganda, it's because our institutions have been infiltrated by anti-American globalists. The globalists want to destroy the U.S. just as much as they want to take out Russia, we are 2 of the biggest obstacles to the completion of their world government.

I think this is just a glimpse of the problems that are consuming us. Too many of us have a myopic view of the world that we live in. This goes so far beyond team Russia and team America that we can't wrap our heads around the real game that is afoot.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Don't you think that the loss of trust was long overdue? Hey, did you ever trust any of them anyway. Or...would any sane person trust the sea of calumny that is our respective governments?

I think that is fun to say, but the reality is not a positive thing at all. In this world, the very basis of reality is in question, that means that Americans are riding blind and stupid with an arsenal that can destroy the world several times over.

For a far out example, if Russia ACTUALLY invaded the US today, I suspect American's would be conflicted over the truth of it, even if it were televised with footage. My point is in part that making America fatally stupid and psychotic as a whole will have consequences, by design.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

At one point there was much more trust but as time goes by, that trust has diminished to a point of near non-existence. There are a number of reasons for the waning of trust including experience and I would like to think awareness of corruption.

I think that the opportunities for some of this type of corruption have increased and/or the ability to expose it is more frequent because it is more commonplace or recurrent.

It could be that this corruption existed for longer than I want to admit but was just blind to it. The internet has provided a domain that is not as easily controlled for content so the information is not shielded as much as pre-internet days.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Russia has definitely won the information war. Either Russian propaganda has gotten better, or Americans have gotten stupider, or a combination of both. Probably the latter. I blame reality TV.

Powerful stuff to make people that have railed against you and everything you stand for, for over a half century, suddenly praise Vladmir Putin (of all people) and the "Russian" way of doing things.

And its everyone who's pride won't let them see they've been played, that makes it possible for them to continue being played and lied to.

And around we go.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor

Democrats overwhelmingly supported Iraq war and patriot act. The GOP was voted against this year, they were opposed to Trump, the Right at least attempts to fix their mistakes. The Left doubled down with Hillary.

Let's not forget Obama re-authorized the patriot act, and expanded wars into Libya, syria, Yemen, and Pakistan.

That is such a load of horse crap I literally spit my coffee out. My entire college dorm at my liberal college was out protesting
Bush and his policies. Only 3 Republicans voted against the Patriot Act, while 62 Democrats voted against it.

educate-yourself.org...

Here is are the who's who of the GOP passing it and smiling with glee

You are good example of how the the truth is lost and no longer even respected in America, good comrade!

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
So which of the leaks from wiki leaks is false? If Russia had anything to do with the hacking they only shared the truth, right? That means that America won, with Russia's help. Anytime you are told the truth, it is a victory for you. You may not like the truth, but none the less it is the truth. I don't understand your defeatist agenda.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Defeated the USA in what contest. I will concede they won a non existant race if it helps you break from the red fever so we can move on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join