It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Metal Is Satanic

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I don't understand the problem. The majority of these groups are entertainers. Sure, there are some who take it seriously and fans who take it even more so. However, some people enjoy the topics and aesthetics, and the music. What is so different from any other style of music with its own themes and styles? It's performance, escapism and fantasy and most people are smart enough to realise that. Even some operas can cover the same themes.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I want to start a petition for Hanson Mbop to be the new official Rick&Roll track..good idea?

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: kibric

I think Crunky is a an AI birthed by some Tennessee Baptist Church teenager in their mum's basement. Now how to stop the AI from going out into the "internets". ATS is no longer the same.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

So true!

Action pants: the perfect outfit for my murderous dancing spree.
edit on 8-1-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crunky
The shock value is too much dressed in blood c'mon.

So #ing what !!

from one of my favorite bands !

a original pioneer

KISS : isnt death metal !

Well maybe when they Play GOD OF THUNDER!

The Demon Sings !
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 02017SundayfAmerica/Chicago17 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crunky Most Metal Bands are steeped in the occult and worship of the beast.

I take issue with this one sentence in your post. While I agree that specifically Death and Black Metal genres have distinct ties to the occult/Satanic undertones, most metal bands don't. Metal has many subgenres, including Christian Metal. POD was originally considered a Christian band. I was in a metalcore band for a few years, and none of the members had an interest in the devil or practicing the occult. We did practice screams/growls and other vocal forms affiliated with our specific sub-genre's artform. Metal is just that: an artform. Grouping all metal bands in a blanket statement like that is like saying every rapper is a street criminal.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
This thread needs more Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult and some Venom for lyrics sake.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
So basically Crunky doesnt like death metal or black metal..

In honor of that the imagery in this video should really annoy you...

link   
ok For a Real DEAL Satanic Rock Group

here is a few

Black Widow (1969 )
Come to the Sabbat

www.youtube.com...

Salem Mass- Witch Burning (1971)
www.youtube.com...

link   
dbl pst

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

originally posted by: Crunky
This should end all debate that Death Metal is Satanic.

Even if that were a death metal band, it still wouldn't "end all debate" on anything except your level of ignorance and refusal to understand things that frighten you based on symbols. The corpse paint says black metal, not death metal.2 different styles of music. Maybe if you weren't wallowing in utter ignorance and complacency you would have a clue what you're talking about. But you don't.

Exactly, needs to be shared.

Though, I see this OP as more for the laughs attempts at humor here. Free band advertising too. Remember the sugar demons!

He's worried about tattoos too? Yeah right, the name Crunky if that's based on"Crunk", those hip hop groups have plenty.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

mordichrist-immemorial

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I see a lot of black metal here.

Black metal.

BLACK METAL.

And who should care? It's a free world and black metal has much to do with blazing your own path (in whichever sky you're in. It doesn't have to be the northern one.)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4003fireglo
I see a lot of black metal here.

Black metal.

BLACK METAL.

And who should care? It's a free world and black metal has much to do with blazing your own path (in whichever sky you're in. It doesn't have to be the northern one.)

Yeah I dont think Crunky knows the difference...Hell showing Phil Anselmo for an example of death metal is as silly to me as showing Mikael Akerfeldt. Sure both use or have used death vox but that is just a style of singing..

OP seems to not realize that black metal is exactly what it sounds like it should be about.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: deltaalphanovember

Oy...

No dissing of Abba allowed!

Just for that, you get this! This'll larn ya.

Huh... Apparently Satan doesn't like Abba... Oh, well.
edit on 1/8/2017 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Rick-roll is never good. Ever.

Now if any thing is satanic, it'd be rick-rolls...

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I've heard Iron Maiden called many things...but never in reference to a gateway drug.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The message is clear, art my behind Satanic yes.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
It's not real death metal unless all the band members are dead and the instruments are made of 100% metal.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Crunky

Have you ever heard of stage performance? Acting? Robert DeNiro plays a psycho in a movie, does that make him psycho? According to you, apparently it would.

You know absolutely nothing of these people yet you judge them.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join