It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Metal Is Satanic

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ventian

In regards to Christian death metal, it most certainly exists. There have been Christian bands playing death metal since the late 80's, and honestly, one of the finest death metal albums of all time = Incubus - serpent temptation; is Christian. Mortification also made a splash in the early 90's and rightly so, the first two albums were fantastic.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crunky

So hilarious, that looks like the gathering of the juggalos!

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: outofstep

Your post is why I love this site so damn much, despite my many reservations over the years. Wish I could give you 10 stars for it.

Edit: Holy Hell
that is so much better than the Incubus I grew up on.
edit on 8-1-2017 by ventian because: listened to music that was better than expected

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Cheers! Seriously though, check out Incubus (not that horrid 90's alt band, the death/thrash metal one from Louisiana), the first album Serpent Temptation and the second record Beyond The Unknown are absolutely essential listening!

edit on 8-1-2017 by outofstep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: 4003fireglo
I see a lot of black metal here.

Black metal.

BLACK METAL.

And who should care? It's a free world and black metal has much to do with blazing your own path (in whichever sky you're in. It doesn't have to be the northern one.)

Yeah I dont think Crunky knows the difference...Hell showing Phil Anselmo for an example of death metal is as silly to me as showing Mikael Akerfeldt. Sure both use or have used death vox but that is just a style of singing..

OP seems to not realize that black metal is exactly what it sounds like it should be about.

Phil recorded some stuff with Fenriz! How black metal is that?

Phil is into a lot of metal.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Incubus are not death metal. Neither is mortification. You people are so confused.

Christian death metal:

- Crimson moonlight
- Extol (but only the early stuff before they changed to gay screamo).

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Cradle of filth are not death metal either.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Velatropa24

Dude, give me a break. I work 60 hours a week and spend the rest of my time sh*tposting on ats.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: 4003fireglo

I think of him in Down..stoner doom rock

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

You don't have a clue what you are talking about. Incubus is most certainly death metal, more specifically death/thrash metal, pretty much similar in style to what Possessed and Sarcofigo were playing at the time. I was listening to this stuff back in the 80's, were you??? The lines between thrash and death got blurred at that point. The first two Mortification albums are straight up death metal. After that, they sucked, but seriously, the first two records are straight up death metal, there is no denying that. Crimson moonlight are black metal. Are you 16 years old? Extol was death metal for an album or so, then decided they couldn't make up their minds what genre they were.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Now I am listening to Down for the first time. This thread needs a damn sticky for the awesome music coming out of it.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

If you're liking Down, make sure to check out Eyehategod and Buzzov-en

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Will do as soon as I binge a bit. Currently on "Bury me in Smoke." This band Down is like Monster Magnet with Pantera's Phil as the lead vocalist. Gonna be stuck on it for awhile.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Thanks for the lols. I can't tell weather you being sacrastic at all because what you say about extol is true but what you say about incubus (even mentioning thrash metal) is

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Haha no doubt, this is fun for a change..not what the OP intended perhaps.
Another key guy in Down is Pepper Keenan from Corrosion Of Conformity.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Umm, I'm not talking about the 90's Incubus, I'm talking about the 80's thrash/death metal Incubus. The one that put out the classic Into the Unknown on Nuclear Blast back in 1990? If you don't think that's death/thrash, then you have no idea what you're talking about.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: outofstep

Umm, I'm not talking about the 90's Incubus, I'm talking about the 80's thrash/death metal Incubus. The one that put out the classic Into the Unknown on Nuclear Blast back in 1990? If you don't think that's death/thrash, then you have no idea what you're talking about.
www.youtube.com...

Ok, there is only one incubus I have heard, if there is a different "death metal incubus" out there, then my bad, you make your point. I veve not heard it.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

So please Velotropa24, school me on what genre you think Incubus is.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Hey at least you're being honest. And serious, those first two Mortification albums, so good. After that, complete crap.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: outofstep

So please Velotropa24, school me on what genre you think Incubus is.

Please read previous reply. I've not heard it. I thought you were talking about the 90's one. I can not school you on what I don't know. Would you like me to write it again or did it get through this time?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join