It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entertainers out of touch with Society

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19KTankCommander

Or all those Entertainers that said that if Trump wins that will leave the country, like that was going to persuade any of us to change our votes, still waiting if any of them did leave or not.

I for one would have some sympathy there. I dare say though most of them would still like to perform for their American audiences. I think it's true that performers get more stick for being open and honest with their feelings, than those who stay clammed up, and there have been times when politics try to deny ordinary fans in distant countries that have problems from seeing their favourite artist/s. Paul Simon going to perform in Apartheid South Africa comes to mind.
In any case, many performers, as famous as they may be, are not that well off, the Rolling Stones has barely a shekel for a decade or more until they shook off the outrageous Decca contract.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: 19KTankCommander

They're out of touch because they run on emotion instead of logic. The two are incompatible.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
If entertainers and entertainment as an entity disappoints you; might I suggest that you join the yugggeee family of
film makers, producers, writers actors and crew; and join us in New Media.

Now that technology has made production a kitchen table enterprise and platforms for exposure increase daily, make your own content.

We use this for our new and ongoing projects.

www.celtx.com...

btw....I must be one of the people being complained about. I have been in over 100 movies, 100 TV shows, a member of SAG/AFTRA and IATSE.
Union proud, Union Strong. I'm in no way an A lister but still make a lot of money in the biz as both cast and crew.

Boycott if it makes you happy but people will still want escape from their dull, banal lives thru entertainment and I'm proud to be part of the entertainment industry. It's capitalism, entrepreneurship and free enterprise...

And I want to thank ATS for being such a fantastic resource for the community of screenwriters. I'm in the studio now working on something totally bizarre and weird with my team. Should be in Production when the weather warms up and employ at least 100 people; crybabies need not apply. You know who you are!!!

Entertainers out of touch with Society

Our content, screenplays and stories, comes directly from Society.
edit on 8-1-2017 by olaru12 because: xoxoxoxo

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
I guess your a writer and you think I am pointing my finger at you, do you go out and push your agenda on the population because you are using your fame and name. Sorry but the only writers I heard of are George Lucas, Steven King and its not often you see them out there pushing their agenda. I would not associate writers into this category but I guess you guys get enough beat downs from actors/ singers that belittle a scrip or song ect. Its the people that are out of touch and use their fame ect. Also like I mention, talking about climate change and being a advocate that sheds a tear but has their own jet?

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Without giving too much detail, I'm a music industry professional. Originally, my scope was rock but we adjusted to hip hop because it was more profitable. (Fastest growing segment in modern American music). I've worked with more than 50 acts with names you would know. I can honestly say that the reason they are so out of touch is because their fame pushes them away from normal society. Either that or they are paid to express certain opinions which happens more than you might expect. Everything else is just PR. You have to keep it in perspective, bro. They can't leave their homes without being mobbed by fans, can't go into their own backyard to party or hang with friends because the paparazzi is sitting in trees waiting for that million dollar shot. They can only surround themselves with people like themselves. If they have a family, they realize the dangers to themselves that is only compounded by being the son or daughter of: redacted. It gets to a point that the only thing they enjoy is solitude because it's safe and private. Solitude and privacy is so rare for them that they embrace it as much as humanly possible which is why they are not emotionally equipped to be in touch with normal people bc frankly, normal people scare the # out of them. Normal people are a threat. Ok? That's how it works.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdChillin Don't get me started on the paparazzi, I can understand that due to their fame and glory they choose to live the life, but there are plenty of entertainers out there that don't run and hide, infact I know of one that lives not to far from me, he is out and about in the community all the time, sure he stops and talks to folks takes some picture ect, but I guess he is just to boring for the paparazzi to bother, I guess its all in the person and how they take to all of it and don't hide from the publics eye, like any other culture we the people are a threat to ourselves no matter what we do for a living, it may be why some hide from society all there lives. I was always told go out and enjoy life and embrace it, do worry what others may think as long as your happy, so who cares if the paparazzi gets that million dollar shot, but I can't believe that they all seek solitude to get away from the crazy normal people, example Tom Hanks, John Travolta and others showed up at crazy normal people personnel events and posed for pictures with Bride and Groom ect. I guess it will be a closed off world if they don't get out and socialize with normal people and really listen to them. If you talking hip hop like the 50's music I may know some but none of the current people I lost track after Elvis

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Hey! I don't know this guy, but I know a guy that sends his employees children off to college...he started it in his garage- now competes with costco type warehouses- via internet.

The morning news did a segment on his company...I spent 20 mins. looking for the segment then gave up. Didn't know I'd have to extract it from my dvr...

It was on cbs sunday morning Jan-8-17...

I guess he isn't into the ivory tower lifestyle much, good for him!

Their all a bunch of over-compensated circus clowns. IMOHO

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

originally posted by: Hidinout

originally posted by: greydaze
Heh,You could add President elect trump in the mix,after all He's an "entertainer"..
And I can't think of anybody who is more out of touch with society than Trump.

The 60 million or so members of society who voted for him indicates that you have no idea what you're talking about.

"No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the Amerikkkan public!" - Leonardo DaVinci

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

And the 65.8 million people who voted for Hillary

Are you equally willing to say Trump supporters have no idea what they are talking about?

Isn't appeal to the masses a logical fallacy or for Trump supporters it works for his 60+ million and not for Hillary

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join