It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Diplomat Caught on Camera Plotting to 'Take Down' UK MPs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

The reporter must have set him up in order for him to say that.

Of course , I doubt he was trying to get a former member of Conservative Friends of Israel to dig dirt on an irritant member of the Conservative party for him.

I am a political posting which means I came for just one position to assist in political issues that are specific

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

He was suggesting the journalist find some dirt on the M.P in question and expose it in the public domain.

Seems to me she was suggesting that she could take politicians down, and if she could, who would he like to see taken down. That is a significant difference. Also, I find it disturbing that you are already playing the Anti-Semitism card. It suggests that you are basing your willingness to interpret the situation in a very negative way on the fact it is an Israeli diplomat. Would you feel the same way if it was a Russian diplomat?

Damn right I would, even if it was a U.S diplomat.

What I was suggesting is that any warranted criticism of Israel is usually met with a swathe of antisemetic claims by Israel, are you denying this?

Anyway, the U.K Government are doing their best to sweep this under the carpet and no further action will be taken. Which leads me to wonder if it would be the same case if the diplomat had been Russian?
edit on 8/1/17 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Indrasweb

Welcome to ATS Indrasweb and thank you for your contribution.

Yeah, I like this guy. I take the time to read all of his posts. I know there only a few so far but I will be reading them all in the future. A great addition to ATS.

MODS: Sorry for off topic post.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Damn right I would, even if it was a U.S diplomat.

Funny you should say that. The Kremlin used an illegal wiretap recording of two American diplomats rating Ukrainian officials as "evidence" that they were plotting a coup.

I was suggesting is that any warranted criticism of Israel is usually met with a swathe of antisemetic claims by Israel, are you denying this?

That's not quite true. It hinges on what you mean by "warranted." Much of the criticism aimed at Israel is Anti-Semititic, and based on a complete rejection of the legality of the Israeli state. It is true that Israeli politicians overplay the Anti-Semitic card. BTW, why do you think Al Jazeera went fishing for an Israeli?

Anyway, the U.K Government are doing their best to sweep this under the carpet and no further action will be taken. Which leads me to wonder if it would be the same case if the diplomat had been Russian?

Exactly the same thing. The diplomat would have been recalled and an apology issued. Lobbying is not illegal. Wire tapping and hacking are.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
ALL countries do things like this. Especially the US and the UK. Not surprising nor is it upsetting.

I would be surprised if he wasn't trying to get a "friendly" reporter to find dirt on a perceived unfriendly MP.
edit on 8-1-2017 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

ALL countries do things like this. Especially the US and the UK. Not surprising nor is it upsetting.

I don't find it surprising that a country with the record of Israel would want to suppress criticism of it's illegal activities , I do find it unacceptable that they would send agents to subvert our democracy by "taking out" those who dare to speak out about their illegal activities such as settlement building on stolen land.

As is usual for some apologists Israel can do no wrong , it's normal so we should just accept it , well I don't accept it and neither should our government.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

As is usual for some apologists Israel can do no wrong , it's normal so we should just accept it , well I don't accept it and neither should our government.

All governments except the fact that these things are done! Ever heard of spy swaps? Countries tolerate these type of things because they themselves are doing the same stuff.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

It is reasons like below that the Brittish Government wont expel this guy or make a big deal about it. Remember when the UK and US got caught hacking the IDF?

The US and UK cracked the IDF’s special encryption system for communication between fighter jets, drones and army bases, Israel’s military censor approved for publication Friday, after the long-term spying operation was reported in two overseas publications. The two countries have reportedly used this access to monitor IDF operations in Gaza, watch for a potential Israeli strike on Iran, and keep tabs on the drone technology that Israel exports.

I'm not an apologist as you suggested, I'm just pointing out that things like this are just tiny cogs in the massive international state craft machine.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Spying I can accept but plotting to take down government ministers because of views they hold or comments they've made is unacceptable , it is attempted subversion of "friendly" sovereign government

How would this be seen if a British agent was caught trying to do the same to an Israeli politician ?
Each year the UK gives over £6 billion to Israel , I think that money could be better spent.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I'm not sure if the UK has done anything like that I would have to look around a bit, but off the top of my head I remember Obama was actively and openly trying to help Netanyahu's oppenet in an election.

Obama State Dept: $350K For Campaign Infrastructure Used Against Netanyahu In Israel Election

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

The video has been released by Al Jazeera as part of a series of documentaries that will be broadcast from this January , the Diplomat , Shai Masot , is caught on camera in a London restaurant discussing with an undercover reporter some British MPs he would like to "take down" , he names Foreign Office Minister Sir Alan Duncan who was causing “a lot of problems” for Israel as he's opposed to Israeli settlements.

It also makes me wonder where all the claims of anti-Semitism against Jeremy Corbyn have been coming from given his opposition to the policies of Israel.

It makes you wonder if this guy is just a political propagandist, or 'our man' from Mossad, how I hate these foreign spooks inflitrating our country, and what's more having leverage.
You would expect MP's like Corbyn getting plenty of rhetoric from the conservative side, perhaps even his own party, but these creepy little bastards??

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
To be fair, we meddle in everyone else's diplomatic affairs - Biden's son being involved in the Ukraine conflict of interest, for instance.

But isn't it curious how the Airport shooting happens to distract us from firearms legislation, and when this Israeli meddling gets exposed there is another distraction to cover it up. Down the rabbit hole, I go.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

It seems fairly clear by now that Israel's policy (regardless of what is publicly said) is that there will never be a Two State Peace, but rather continued illegal settlement building leading to annexation of Greater Israel. Politicians of all nations should acknowledge that that is the Israel policy and condemn it unequivocally.

The big picture:

Russian propaganda pushes ultra nationalism through Europe. Dismember EU. Dismember NATO. Dismember U.N.

The Big Deal:

Israel annexes all of Palestine. Russia annexes Ukraine, Georgia, some Baltic States. Trump stands by tweeting it as a "greatly yuge fair trade for peace, big league". Every body who is anybody celebrates at Trump property. "The losers can cry, or die; who cares, that's what they get for being losers."

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: kloejen

Seems your video made a headline on RT too

Israeli Embassy employee discussed ‘taking down’ MPs & state foreign minister with Tory staffer

Of course! It undermines Britons' faith in liberal democracy and serves to make Russia's meddling in European and American politics normative.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Well, firstly he was not a diplomat, and secondly Israel have said he's been sacked. Says an Israeli spokesman...

"The comments were made by a junior embassy employee who is not an Israeli diplomat, and who will be ending his term of employment with the embassy shortly," it said.

Source BBC

If this was a Russian, then the end result would have been the same had the Russians taken action as Israel have done.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
How many British MPs are working for Israel ?

One cannot really blame Israel for doing this. Most states promote their interests as best they can. But one can and should expose and shame the British politicians who are collaborating with Israel in further harming Britain’s representative democracy.

It is not as though these people cannot be easily identified. They even advertise what they are up to. They are members of the Conservative and Labour Friends of Israel. They dominate both parliamentary parties, but especially the Conservatives. According to the CFI’s figures, fully 80 per cent of Tory MPs belong to the party’s Friends of Israel group.

Once, no one would have hesitated to call British politicians acting in the interests of a foreign power, and very possibly taking financial benefits for doing so, “traitors”. And yet, as Al Jazeera’s secretly filmed footage shows, Israeli spies like Shai Masot can readily meet and conspire with a Tory minister’s much-trusted aide to discuss how best to “take down” the deputy foreign minister, Alan Duncan, over his criticisms of Israel’s illegal settlements in the occupied territories.

The British government skews its foreign policy to avoid upsetting Jewish donors, s/he says. MPs, meanwhile, act like agents of a foreign power – s/he generously assumes unwittingly – rather than representatives of the British people. Forget international law, these politicians are not even promoting British interests.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join