It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who here thinks we are late for space colonization?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Secret technology, reasons..
Is the Government hiding space technology from the civilians?
Do feel like we should have a star port already?
Anyone else think NASA is slowing the process either by lies and not hiring inventors?
Who else thinks they should be working on a Space ship such as Frigates?

Conspiracy..
Are aliens suppressing us from achieving space technology?
Are we actually slaves to aliens?
What actually happened to Mars, is information suppressed and was it a human colony before?

What the Government or Scientists says...
Is this just the beginning as we don't actually have the technology yet?

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: makemap

I don't think we have the technology yet, but I think that's because there hasn't been much research into it. We're still flying space planes, which is ridiculous. And Space-X's rocket research is really just rehashing old ideas. I think we need a few concrete breakthroughs (fuels and propulsion systems, etc)before we start really exploring our neighboring planets.

For the conspiracy side of things, I honestly think governments are dragging their feet on space tech because they are waiting for a more global society. I think the effort is to bring in the NWO (or whatever you want to call it) and then use space travel as a way to unite the multicultural Earth.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Yes, I think we're late for colonizing Space but recent advancements such as 3D-printing and digital currency(ies) will make it easier.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Nah we're not too late to colonize space...

We have to figure out that we're all the same species and stop killing each other for idiotic reasons first...

Until we reach that point its never going to happen

We can't figure out the basics of living on this planet... imagine if we moved to another one...

or even the moon... they say the people that claim the moon first will rule the world

wrong way of thinking

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I think we already colonized it before. Like a LONG TIME AGO before.

So I'm not sure if we're late NOW.... or just late in realizing it.

Just an opinion...

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   

There will be no colonization of Space until business can figure out how to make a profit from it and governments can maintain control of the colonizers.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   
me and a friend of mine saw something very interesting around 2000-2002 that kinda makes me think we may have wormhole technology or an advanced weapon. appeared to be a nuclear test outside our atmosphere. the problem comes when it reached its apex of expansion then hung there for abit before collapsing back on itself and winking out. im on the west coast of the US and this was out over the pacific where our military does a lot of testing. somehow there was not one news report about it yet if u were outside it was impossible to miss cause it lit up everything from horizon to horizon and took up the space of about 25-30 full moons. ive always wondered, was this a wormhole or some new type of explosion implosion device.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: GreyScale

I agree. Many times I've wondered if the moon is the old earth we already destroyed and we're just leapfroging back and forth.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   
With how screwed up humans are they should be quarantined to this rock .

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon
Oh please, give us more credit than that. Of course we humans can colonize space and still kill each other at the same time. Has not stopped innovation and competition yet.
a reply to: GreyScale
I agree, but I think we came from there, and will go back to leave here eventually for similar reasons, while survivors start anew for another cycle of humanity.
a reply to: RedmoonMWC
Lots of money can be made for business from the ³He. Think construction company pays for the mining company expenses by buying and using direct on the planet side by side. The governments and private interests that subsequently contract to build on the moon pay for the construction. Half a century should give us asteroid/comet hopping miners from that as well for precious metals, water, gasses etc.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Oh please, give us more credit than that.

uhm... no

we don't deserve any credit... the most advanced species on this planet is also the most divisive/idiotic/retarded...

forgive the lack of better words but... those are appropriate

Of course we humans can colonize space and still kill each other at the same time. Has not stopped innovation and competition yet.

We can't.. one country would attempt it and another would take it as a threat...

edit on 8-1-2017 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   
The US finally has a president that at least mentioned funding NASA, Elon Musk will supposedly be an advisor to Trump as well. It's a start.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I have heard a few theories on Mars saying the same kind of thing which was reported first by John Brandenburg that he found Nuclear signatures on Mars which he presented to the Pentagon who then told him to proceed and publish his findings.
The Nuclear signatures are the same kind that are left behind after a Nuclear test or explosion so it seems the surface of Mars was destroyed by Nuclear warfare in some distant past.
In a recent podcast on unexplainedtv.com hosted by Howard Hughes....Richard Hoagland spoke about his new book and how he believes we had a war with Mars and destroyed the surface and then there is Whitley Striebers book"The Key...A true encounter" where he meets a stranger that explains humanities hidden past.....that we are a fallen civilization that had a war with Mars and destroyed the Planet(hence the name God of war) and have been placed in quarantine ever since.

You can take that as you wish but what I find intriguing is the amount of figureheads heading down to Antartica in 2016 such as the Patriarch of the Russian church who arrived there 4-days after meeting the pope(the first time in 1000 years the two heads of the churches have met).
Buzz Aldrin and remember he is a 33rd degree Mason going there and was making wierd tweets about some blast off station and John Kerry visiting on the day of the American election.
Then there is the upcoming visit of Vladimir Putin to Antartica so what the hell is going on down there?Is it space related?

And just to add to the mystery in the late 80s or early 90s there were planes taking off from a US air force base in NZ every half an hour that lasted for over two and a half years which had cargo on that was not known what it was but the destination was.....Antartica.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Given limits to growth, we are extremely late.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap The big question is why did we stop going to the moon? and why has not Russia and or any other country attempt going back to the moon. What is the secret and why are we limiting ourselves just to probes and staying in orbit?

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: 19KTankCommander
a reply to: makemap The big question is why did we stop going to the moon? and why has not Russia and or any other country attempt going back to the moon. What is the secret and why are we limiting ourselves just to probes and staying in orbit?

From what i understand, the reason we don't return to the moon is because they haven't figured out how to deal with moon dust...

it sounds silly but apparently moon dust is like glass shards... it literally eats away at everything that touches it... including space suits, vacuum sealed boxes and everything else.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: 19KTankCommander

Russia had its own reason by the back stabber Stalin. Russia could've been ahead. Russia wasn't fully modernized. It was still stuck in WW2 Era. US on the hand had the tech. US thought they won. When USSR fell, US didn't continue end up being taken over by evil and back stabbed each other. Looking at the work of CIA, it is not surprising. Esp with all the gangs running around.

top topics

join