It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meat consumption ban is mandatory - necessary temperatures to eliminate BSE pathogens

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: supermilkman

Are you a Vegan?

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

My only agenda is spreading awareness.

I said it a few times already but I support GMO's and synthetic meat as a replacement.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: supermilkman
a reply to: Blaine91555

My only agenda is spreading awareness.

I said it a few times already but I support GMO's and synthetic meat as a replacement.

Well, this explains it.
edit on 2017-01-08T21:03:33-06:002201708America/Chicago1 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

a reply to: watchitburn

It's not an agenda, it's called science. You just don't want to stop eating meat akin to a drug addict who doesn't consider the health risks to doing drugs. It's called confirmation bias.

Actually I face a higher risk of e coli from tofu. The local factory was shut down for repeated unsanitary conditions.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

a reply to: seagull

The only thing that I got out of this thread was confirmation bias.

People love meat so much that they can't accept any science that shows it might actually be harmful to them.

Actually it's called:

We're grown adults and do not take kindly to anyone dictating to us how we should live our lives.

Putting out information to people that you think helps is great. Giving people your opinion is informative, and you certainly do have a right to express it here.

Calling people like me "country bumpkins" on the other hand is not going to rally people to your cause....or get them to change their ways.

Also: stop replying to yourself please. Some of your replies are confusing because it looks like you are talking to yourself. It's hard to tell whom you may be directing your comments to.

Over the years I've seen threads on this subject. They always end the same way: people who eat meat, still do, those who do not still don't.

People make their own choices. They don't take kindly to someone insisting that only their way is the right way, and everyone else must be wrong.

Biggest problem of mankind: people think they know everything.

Some people need to be told what to do. Facts aren't feelings.

Sorry if your way of life may feel challenged but quarantining is a necessary evil.
edit on 8-1-2017 by supermilkman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

a reply to: watchitburn

It's not an agenda, it's called science. You just don't want to stop eating meat akin to a drug addict who doesn't consider the health risks to doing drugs. It's called confirmation bias.

Actually I face a higher risk of e coli from tofu. The local factory was shut down for repeated unsanitary conditions.

Try factoring in the water supply.

My other thread "wetlands and infectious diseases" gives recommendations for ultra-pure water filtration.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

You are aware how unrealistic your suggestion is, how unrealistic your fear is and that for anyone who prepares their foods properly, there exists little or no risk?

Even bringing up the issues with bush meat is a bit absurd when in a discussion with people who will likely never eat bush meat in their entire lives?

Sorry if your way of life may feel challenged but quarantining is a necessary evil.

That is not only irrational, it's very rude. Are you just here to troll people with this topic? Reading your posts and attitude it does seem to be the case.

Why don't you carry this further and post the actual statistics on cases of real people getting diseases from things like bush meat? Is it more dangerous in reality than say falling in a bathtub or tripping over a curb?

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Indeed, that is a big problem. One you ought to think about a tad bit more closely...

I can make my own choices, and what makes you think that those choices and those by others, are so ill-informed?

Your own bias is showing with every post like this one you make. No one knows as much as you, according to only you...

Ratchet back a bit on the "know it all" meter, and you might have better luck convincing some folks. Not me, since I know fully as much as you do, probably more.
edit on 1/8/2017 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

The only thing that I got out of this thread was confirmation bias.

People love meat so much that they can't accept any science that shows it might actually be harmful to them.

Actually it's called:

We're grown adults and do not take kindly to anyone dictating to us how we should live our lives.

Putting out information to people that you think helps is great. Giving people your opinion is informative, and you certainly do have a right to express it here.

Calling people like me "country bumpkins" on the other hand is not going to rally people to your cause....or get them to change their ways.

Also: stop replying to yourself please. Some of your replies are confusing because it looks like you are talking to yourself. It's hard to tell whom you may be directing your comments to.

Over the years I've seen threads on this subject. They always end the same way: people who eat meat, still do, those who do not still don't.

People make their own choices. They don't take kindly to someone insisting that only their way is the right way, and everyone else must be wrong.

That right there is what many a despot or dictator thought too.

Good news is: I don't feel that my way of life is being challenged. In fact, I enjoy a very good quality of life because I live in a country that allows me to make my own decisions, and does not try to dictate how I should live my life....like what I should or should not eat.

Other good news is: Majority of people here would not accept what you are proposing, and in fact would cause quite a uprising. So little worry there.

The only reason I have been as prolific in this thread as I have is: Fear Mongering. Something I do not approve of.

Back in 2012, these forums were filled with every type of End Of The World subject you could think of. Many were telling people what they should do, and people "had the links and sources of science" to "back them up".
I was quite prolific back then too in those threads.

Guess what? World didn't end, we're still here.

Putting out info again is great. Sharing your research and giving your thought is okay. Trying to make everyone think they are going to die of infections from parasites because they eat meat, is not so great. You can have that opinion of course, but most of us who have been eating meat our whole lives and have gotten to some ripe old ages will have to disagree with that opinion.

Telling people that they need to be told what to do and how to live their lives on a conspiracy web site? As you are finding out, that floats here about as well as a ball of solid lead in water.

Just some friendly advice: When debating, when one turns to using insults, it's normally how discussions break down or stop. Make your points and keep it civil.

Here, there is even a link from one of our owners here on it:

ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

Give it a read when you get a chance.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I'm gonna have my hamburger and I'm gonna have my macaroni gratin with ground beef..

And I'll die for it too. If the wolves and lions can eat meat then so can I, I too am a predator.

I suggest we ban liberals from eating meat, they agree with that stuff so they can carry the burden of easing our vast addiction and its footprint. If they wanna be all good and stuff that would be a great way to help the rest of us out.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

You are aware how unrealistic your suggestion is, how unrealistic your fear is and that for anyone who prepares their foods properly, there exists little or no risk?

Even bringing up the issues with bush meat is a bit absurd when in a discussion with people who will likely never eat bush meat in their entire lives?

That is not only irrational, it's very rude. Are you just here to troll people with this topic? Reading your posts and attitude it does seem to be the case.

Why don't you carry this further and post the actual statistics on cases of real people getting diseases from things like bush meat? Is it more dangerous in reality than say falling in a bathtub or tripping over a curb?

I have given reports of infections and deaths by the CDC and other peer review study groups. If you actually read the data I posted you'd find the evidence.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Bush meat just means animals living out in the wild and aren't regulated through the government or factory processes.

So that means your every day average joe with a hunting rifle going squirrel hunting is no different than your Africans catching meat in the jungle.

Would you go out hunting for rodents carrying diseases? Didn't think so.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadMoonJester

Enjoy your fried parasites with that burger

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Common parasites found in chicken

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadMoonJester
I'm gonna have my hamburger and I'm gonna have my macaroni gratin with ground beef..

And I'll die for it too. If the wolves and lions can eat meat then so can I, I too am a predator.

I suggest we ban liberals from eating meat, they agree with that stuff so they can carry the burden of easing our vast addiction and its footprint. If they wanna be all good and stuff that would be a great way to help the rest of us out.

You realize animals like wolves regularly contract things like rabies? Animals get infected all the time in the wildlife. Probably more so than domesticated animals.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Animals get infections just as much as humans. Take your blinders off people.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Facts aren't feelings. Bottom line.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Do the things you don't want to do, don't do the things you do want to do.

If you're always wanting to eat junk food, you should probably start eating vegetables.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   

What the hell are you even talking about?

Junk food? What? Did you even notice where I said I do eat vegetables? Obviously not. Try cutting back on the trolling, eh?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join