It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's funny

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
It's funny ATS used to be about conspiracy theories. It used to be about black projects.. Did the SR71 have a second hidden program?

It's funny now because at this point in time we are seeing the veils fall.

It used to be:

The CIA is controlling the world ahhh!

and now it's like:

see this link where the CIA and the media colluded? OH you do?

It's like now the members on ATS are reporting on conspiracies in real time before they can even go dark.
Does anyone else think of this as a hopeful time in that regard?
Can you imagine JFK and his brother getting killed in this current climate of information sharing?

I just want to say...

ATS is my campfire.
When everything is propaganda it's good to come home to the real.
We are in live time investigating everyone's claims.

And meanwhile the main body of the human society, based on the repetition and patterns of news is self destructing.
It's a funny thing to watch.

the conspiracies are losing their ummffpp..

A well informed society....

wherever the people are well informed they can be trusted with their own government; that whenever things get so far wrong as to attract their notice, they may be relied on to set them to rights.

~Thomas Jefferson

This is what we do here.
Don't ever forget the importance of this.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Agreed - when major events & things happen around the world, ATS goes from conspiracy theory to conspiracy fact-finder and anyone who has been a part of those particular threads (resultant from major events) that reach 10 pages in 10 minutes with 50+ flags and our regular truth-sleuths on the case posting their findings and links and pics will know what I'm talking about.

As an international community, everyone should be proud of their membership here, we all get an equal voice to discuss things we enjoy talking about and in my opinion there are some awesome contributors on these boards, including yourself my man.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I was live for Snadyhook and for the batman shooting..
And for that former military guy they burned to death on purpose..

ALL of those were reported on the news WAY different than I heard them.

That's not the point I'm making in this thread exactly.

The point is..

Damn I can't believe how close we actually get to the real truth.
When I was younger I never thought or imagined it possible that we would have this meeting place where we can openly discuss powerful peoples agendas...

It's unreal to me.

AND

The power is in the people.

Lies will be devoured and resurrected as our power.. "our" Our is anyone on the side of the truth for the sake of truth, and in the belief that truth has the power over ego to get things right.

Just tell the truth.
Then you are on the winning team.
edit on 7-1-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Good post OP and quite true for the most part but we should give a shout out and thanks to the trolls and shills because they help sharpen the boards and bring stuff out that might go by un-noticed ....oh and a link but you can skip over the piece and go into the comments where the real action is taking place and some very telling information on the security-what ever that took care of the Clinton/DNC servers and made the report ...you cant make this stuff up www.moonofalabama.org...

ETA a comment from the above link :>)

Here is an interesting and detailed investigation published by washingtonsblog suggesting that the people framing Russia for the alleged "hacks" are actually ex-patriate Ukrainian ultra-nationalists within the American Democratic party connected to the cyber security firm Crowdstrike of Dmitri Alperovitch www.washingtonsblog.com... Alperovitch in turn is connected to OUNb Ukraine, a supporter organization for the Neo-Nazi wing within the post-coup Ukrainian government, who still celebrate the WWII Nazi mass-murderer Stepan Bandera. He is also connected to the Chalupa family, Irene Chalupa is leader of Ukrainian emigrees, Andrea Chalupa worked for the Euromaidanpress and her sister Alexandra was a research staffer for the Clinton campaign. All of them were said to expect high positions in a Clinton government. Posted by: Eve Human | Jan 6, 2017 3:09:01 PM | 39

edit on 7-1-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Remember when they used to call the Press the Press because they pressed officials for the truth?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

truth only comes out when all sides are challenged in open debate.

Sure there are shills of course, but they only have so much leeway in an open forum. Only so much credibility.

when the focus is on getting things right we need ALL sides.

edit on 7-1-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Remember when they used to call the Press the Press because they pressed officials for the truth?

I wish I could remember that.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
You're spot on with this. It's all in real time, more so now than before. The info cannot be scrubbed everywhere when it's shared so much. It's nice especially when the media manipulation is countered.

It's also why was initially concerned that someone, guessing unfamiliar with the breaking news threads, was worried about the repeating replies. It's really just how it goes, especially in a fast moving thread.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Were you just not a signed up member back then or, did you forget your password?

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   

We don't have any power though, that's a big problem.

Our potential is stifled and contained within these walls.

Think of how many years we've been talking about how we're getting crapped on from above but nothing has changed, it's got worse. All the incriminating threads posted, ignored. Threads censored.

If we all met in person it would be different.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric
Were you just not a signed up member back then or, did you forget your password?

back when?

I've been a member here since like 2000 or around..

I was called by another name and ATS let me have a new one based on harassment well worse..

Death threats..

I think it was related to talking about psyops (I was in the Army, not psyops, 14E, never deployed) but I can't be sure. I have no reason to believe that except the timing.

edit on 8-1-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

We don't have any power though, that's a big problem.

Our potential is stifled and contained within these walls.

Think of how many years we've been talking about how we're getting crapped on from above but nothing has changed, it's got worse. All the incriminating threads posted, ignored. Threads censored.

If we all met in person it would be different.

who is we have no power?

I don't know anyone with no power.

I'm in no rush to fix this path we are on. MY main focus my chosen purpose is the spoken word.
Like someone not scared to say anything that brings people together.

I have a good mix of trained by the Army to kill and super lovey dovey heart.

The main currency at stake is "hearts and minds"

did you not notice the media self destructing in 2016? And for what? To stop Trump they committed suicide? What does that tell you? If you are a poker player or military strategist or a thinker of strategy in general you have to look at that as desperation.. A calculated play against a completely "powerless" populace would NOT look like this.

Haha..

I worked sort of under DHS... These "TPTB" are not all that smart or scary... People are just comfortable.. It's making people uncomfortable that makes changes. That's what the media is for. Well if something should be done right, do it yourself.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
When it all comes together "right," forum discussions can be fantastic on a lot of different levels. I think that happens at a much higher percentage than most sites out there. I think all of them have potential for it though.

On (mostly) any given topic we even get an incredibly diverse spectrum of perspectives, from the strictly rational delivered with insults to the most "individually creative" delivered incoherently. I love most of 'em.

Though, it does seem the latter end of the spectrum (not just the incoherent extreme) seems to recede as political activity takes precedence. I think that's a shame, even if I can appreciate the rationality.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Most of the hmm "open minded" ones close off in political debate..

It gets so Black or Whiote I SAID BLACK OR WHITE!! AHHH it has to be wait I meant RIGHT OR LEFT!!!

and it leaves the others like "I have a complex point"

NO ONE CARES!!

haha

so I can see that as beiong a negative motivator for open minded political posting. And as a mental strategist shouldn't that mean people should realize this and use even more patience before they get triggered and "defend the home base?"

I notice some of my posts are too complex and both sides think I'm against them.. Talk about religious beliefs rationally and in balance with science and you'll have atheists and religious people after you..

But ATS is the best I've found. I'm actually impressed. No college discussion.. No "Forum" in my 5th grade class... I had a great 5th grade reacher by the way.. We did "greek forums" As in we had public debate..

no where has been as complex and actually moves forward like ATS.

Like I said value Truth over Ego..
Then you are on the winning team.
edit on 8-1-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

join