It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gingrich: Racism Got Worse Under Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Newt makes good sense in this. He said that we need to be aware of white and black racism. He also points out that Chicago police were dithering about calling it a hate crime. He said can you imagine if 4 white 18 year olds attacked a black special needs person, every liberal would be outraged and the police wouldn't be dithering.

Has the racial divide widened under Obama?

President Obama, the country’s first African-American president, has widened the racial divide during his eight years in office, Newt Gingrich claimed Thursday.

According to Breitbart News, the former House speaker also accused Obama’s first attorney general, Eric Holder, of worsening the problem. “I think a lot of their approach heightened that racial tension, and I think we have to oppose white racism,” he explained on Fox News.

No effective response to the body count in Chicago, Rob Emanuel and Obama have let it bleed, but why?

Citing the ongoing violence on the streets of one Midwest city, Gingrich told Fox News: “There have been nearly 4,000 people shot in Chicago with no effective response from Mayor Emanuel and no effective response from President Obama. I think people feel that they’re really alienated from their government, and you have no one to turn to, and you end up with this really destructive, and I think frightening, kind of development.”

www.newsiosity.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
Newt makes good sense in this. He said that we need to be aware of white and black racism. He also points out that Chicago police were dithering about calling it a hate crime. He said can you imagine if 4 white 18 year olds attacked a black special needs person, every liberal would be outraged and the police wouldn't be dithering.

That's funny, because 4 white 18 year olds attacked a black special needs person, and they got NO JAIL TIME.

www.nydailynews.com...

edit on 7-1-2017 by WhateverYouSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

White police officers shooting Blacks became an epidemic while Obama was in office. Or.. maybe it was as prevalent before 2009, but there were fewer people with video-capable cellphones then?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: WhateverYouSay

Yep they need a long stay at a State sponsored institution.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Except the stats show more white people get shot by police than black people each year...How does one explain that? Why is it that it usually only becomes national news when it's a black person...Could it be that there is an agenda behind it?

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Well as much as I despise Gingrich and his kind, he does have a point.

edit on 1/8/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Black on white racism definitely got worse under Obama.

It's funny that racism had basically been pushed to the fringes of society.

Barry brought it back and made it hip again.

edit on 8-1-2017 by DrStevenBrule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Racism became worst indeed, but one of the reasons and those are many is because rather than empowering those in black communities to do better for their fellow Americans in need, it empowered more the entitlement generation to complain more without looking for solutions.

Blaming others for the ills of society has always been a reason for some to call racism and find racism on everything.

Are black poor communities better now than before Obama?

Well taking into consideration the triple in welfare spending and social services benefits I guess for some that is progress, but not for the working class, because the rich doesn't care to begin with.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

Except the stats show more white people get shot by police than black people each year...How does one explain that? Why is it that it usually only becomes national news when it's a black person...Could it be that there is an agenda behind it?

So you're saying that police performed their jobs better, more effectively, during Obama's 8 years? The stats you refer to certainly imply that law enforcement was more "active" than before.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

No you're reading into my post way further than necessary...I was simply stating that if what you say is true then it is doubly so for white Americans. If anything it isn't a race issue it's a police vs citizen issue as a whole.

new topics

top topics

join