It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The proof is in our DNA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I've often wondered about human history, and what our true history really is.

I've always believed that we have been at our current technological level at least once before.

So, I've been watching Ancestry DNA results on YouTube. The ones I had been watching were mostly American citizens. And of course, alot of people black and white, were always told that they had Native American blood in them.

Sometimes they do, most of the time they do not.

But that's not too surprising to me. According to Americas history, most of our ancestors have arrived here in the last 500 years. So you have it or you don't. (Native American DNA)

Now, here's what blew my mind. I watched European people check their DNA and a Russian woman had Native American blood.

When did Native Americans start traveling to eastern Europe?

It makes me think at one time there may have been people travelling back and forth from Europe to the Americas. Long before what our current history says.

My question is to my European people, have any of you guys found any Native American blood in you?

If so, how? Did you have any Idea?
edit on 7-1-2017 by galaga because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-1-2017 by galaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: galaga

I think you have it around the wrong way.

Native Americans didn't travel to Eastern Europe, they probably travelled the other way, from Siberia over a land bridge in the Bering sea.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
One thing I know is that the Siberian natives strongly resemble the Alaskan Inuits.. and still travel by boat once a year to meet up with their Alaskan kin.

edit on 7-1-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

I think you have it around the wrong way.

Native Americans didn't travel to Eastern Europe, they probably travelled the other way, from Siberia over a land bridge in the Bering sea.

I see what you are saying, but this was distinctly Native American. They way they broke down the ancestry was by region. So if she had Siberian Eskimo, it would say Siberian Eskimo.

So one Native American somehow made his way to Russia, or maybe Japan/China. I forgot to add she was 4℅ Japan/China.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Migrations go many ways, not just from the old world to new world.
Without knowing what exactly leads them say they have native american dna, thats a tough question.
This might help explain it
anthropogenesis.kinshipstudies.org...

edit on p0000001k10162017Sat, 07 Jan 2017 20:10:43 -0600k by punkinworks10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: punkinworks10

Migrations go many ways, not just from the old world to new world.
Without knowing what exactly leads them say they have native american dna, thats a tough question.
This might help explain it
anthropogenesis.kinshipstudies.org...

That's what I said. A Native American went to Russia.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
DNA can settle a lot of issues. The basic story is this: There is really no such thing as a "Native American." ALL Homo sapiens started out in Africa and migrated. It took many thousands of years, and between 12,000 and 20,000 years ago some Homo sapiens in eastern Russia/Northern China/Mongolia migrated across the Bering Strait through Alaska, and down through Canada to the US and further to South America. Nobody knows exactly when it started, but its started BECAUSE the sea level was lower and exposed the land at the Bering Strait. There was an Ice Age, and that sucked up the water.

NB: (Note Bene, Latin for "Note well") This does NOT preclude other smaller migrations. Maybe Portuguese fishermen sailed East to West to North America. Maybe Japanese sailed from Japan to Oregon. Maybe South Sea Islanders sailed to western South America. Maybe the lost ten tribes of Israel sailed to Eastern South America. Maybe the Templars sailed to Newfoundland and maybe the Vikings went through the Great Lakes to Minnesota where their accents still abound. Maybe the Romans mined copper in the Northwest Territories. Maybe all of that happened, but it does not mitigate the fact that DNA shows so-called "Native Americans" came originally from Asia. So if some Russian has so-called "Native American" DNA the either they got it from a recent generation, or they got it from a tribe that didn't complete the journey across the Bering Strait, or the story is bogus.

No DNA study supports the idea that Homo sapiens has been around longer than a couple hundred thousand years or that we are 'aliens fro space' or any other origin than from Earth, evolved, probably in a more complicated manner than we now realize, right here. The really interesting thing is that the bones, i.e.: the archaeological record as we know it, and the DNA, both agree. The case is stronger today than fifty years ago, stronger than it has ever been before, gradually squeezing out the nonsensical until it no longer has a place to thrive. Except on credulous places like ATS.

edit on 1/7/2017 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

There are a few find's that have challenged the bering straights land bridge origin theory, they don't disprove it just show that it was not the only source of native american ancestry and guess what, back during the ICE age the ancestors of the american's were probably hunter gatherer's in Europe, maybe they lived like the Inuit and traveled across via the ice pack that probably shrouded much of the Atlantic as well as the land as they hunted in the warmer month's of the year and followed there prey.

There are also other similarity's in Siberia and Northern Scandinavia etc which show a cultural link, similar cultural trait's and tribal structure, similar survival techniques and even similar cone shaped tent's among the tribe's and people's of the far north.

So it is no surprise therefore that they and we are related at a much more recent point in human history than many racists would like to accept.

IT was not only the bering strait therefore but via probably skin canoe's and hunting on the ice pack's of the north atlantic that the ancestor's of the native america's reached the US, some may have come via people's like the Polynesian's as well and migrated form island to island until they reached the BIG island though if so it was before the Polynesian cultures were supposed to exist but that does not mean there was not a previous wave of settler's whom reached the US and of course as long as human's have made canoes and boat's they have sailed into the sea.

It is really no surprise that we are really just one race when all is said and done.
Were human's after all, so called modern human's as well.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

From what I've read.

Is that the inhabitants of that area shared an ancestor with native americans.

You can google this and read more.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Now, here's what blew my mind. I watched European people check their DNA and a Russian woman had Native American blood.

OP
Apparently they didn't(though there has been speculation that some were taken by Vikings to Iceland) so much it was before they migrated to the new world. When you go back far enough, before the North American migrations it's not so far off to say that the populations intertwined.

One source of many,
"Siberian Genetics, Native Americans, and the Altai Connection"
Section of the article about the Altai region.

A major study published earlier this year specifically indicates strong genetic linkages between American Indians and the indigenous inhabitants of the southern Altai Mountains, a rugged area situated near the intersection of southern Siberia, western Mongolia, and eastern Kazakhstan. As the authors argue, “The Altai region of southern Siberia has played a critical role in the peopling of northern Asia as an entry point into Siberia and a possible homeland for ancestral Native Americans.”

The genetic linkage between Native Americans and the peoples of the Altai Mountains may seem surprising, as the Altai Range is located far from Beringia. But as has been explored in previous GeoCurrents posts, mountains often act as refuges, places where old patterns, cultural and genetic, are able to persist. In more open landscapes, mass movements of people are more easily able to introduce new elements and rearrange preexisting configurations. Relatively isolated mountain valleys, such as those of the Altai, were often largely bypassed by such movements.

Source - GeoCurrents
edit on 7-1-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Not sure if you happened on this but it seems to make some connections

Interviewee: Douglas Wallace. Mitochondrial DNA pioneer Douglas Wallace speaks about a possible migration of people from Europe to the Americas, 15,000 years ago. (DNAi Location: Applications > Human origins > Migrations >Videos > From Europe to the Americas) Transcript:Finally, it appears that there might have been even a European ancient migration into the Americas. And the way we found that is we were studying a Native American tribe up in this area of central North America. And there we found a particular mitochondrial DNA lineage which looked like a European lineage over here, which we had defined as lineage X. So it was only found in Europe. It's never found in Asia. But in fact, when we looked at this population of Native Americans, we found that fully 25% of all of the people in this area had X. Now you could argue, oh well, X is just because, since Columbus, some women came over from Europe, happened to marry with these Native Americans, and that's why European X is there. However, again, we use the molecular clock to find out when that X came. We compared the sequence of X from Europe with X from this population, and they came together 15,000 years ago. So therefore, this did not come to this region since Columbus; it came after one of the most recent glacial maxima. And so it's been proposed that, in fact when the ice covered the area between Newfoundland, Greenland, Iceland, and Europe, that in fact some hunters actually crossed the ice sheet and colonized this part of the Americas. And Dennis Swofford of the Smithsonian has even speculated that it was this migration from Europe, from the Iberian peninsula that brought the unique stone culture that we know as the Clovis culture; that is the culture that's been associated with the killing of the woolly mammoths, and the other large animals, and that is just the time that the Clovis culture appears in North America. And the appearance of the Clovis culture in fact heralded the decimation of all the large mammalian fauna. Keywords:native american tribe,woolly mammoths,douglas wallace,molecular clock,human origins,dna mitochondrial,iberian peninsula,location applications,dnai,mitochondrial dna,swofford,interviewee,lineage,migrations,smithsonian,europeans,maxima,migration,newfoundland,green
www.dnalc.org...

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

This makes sense.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Came across this yesterday in getting my "science jones" on. I've never been enamored with the "Clovis-First" theory since too much evidence was tossed under the bus to shove it down our throats. Apparently it's easier to run with one overarching concept than just give it up and admit people were all over the place back in our dim pre-history.

www.sci-news.com...

“These grooves are clearly the result of human activity and, together with new radiocarbon dates, they indicate that humans were processing a mastodon carcass in what is now the southeastern U.S. much earlier than was generally accepted,” Dr. Fisher said.

“In addition, our work provides strong evidence that early human hunters did not hunt mastodons to extinction as quickly as supporters of the so-called ‘Blitzkrieg’ hypothesis have argued. Instead, the evidence from this site shows that humans and megafauna coexisted for at least 2,000 years.”

Dr. Fisher’s re-examination of the tusk revealed more than a dozen deep, parallel linear grooves on the end of the tusk that attached to the skull.

The grooves are perpendicular to the long axis of the tusk. Most are 2.4 to 3.15 inches (6 – 8 cm) long and 1.5 mm deep or less.

“The tusk may have been removed to gain access to edible tissue at its base,” Dr. Fisher said.

“Each tusk this size would have had more than 7 kg of tender, nutritious tissue in its pulp cavity, and that would certainly have been of value. Another possible reason to extract a tusk is that ancient humans who lived in this same area are known to have used ivory to make weapons.”

Using the latest radiocarbon dating techniques, the team found all artifacts dated about 14,550 years ago.

Prior to this discovery, archaeologists believed a group of people called Clovis — once widely considered the first inhabitants of the Americas — settled the area about 13,200 years ago.

Actual abstract;
advances.sciencemag.org...

The Altai information is interesting!
Off to go read....

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Please link the video. I admit that I also think it is likely that you are misinterpreting an Ancestral Altaic connection for a Native American one. Her Russian ethnicity and the trace "East Asian" DNA would indicate that to me as well. It would be interesting if I'm wrong though.

edit on 8-1-2017 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

I hear what you are saying and agree that there is a buckshot kind of pattern between the differing camps .I made a post on a site that is only a few miles from where I live that could suggest that its a multipal narrative that has no one size fits all ,

Archaeologists say a campsite unearthed just metres from a new highway in Fredericton could be more than 12,000 years old. The campsite held 600 artifacts, most of which were from tool making, as well as a fire pit containing ancient charcoal. "It's very, very rare to find a campfire from 12,000 years ago, intact like this
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78

Came across this yesterday in getting my "science jones" on. I've never been enamored with the "Clovis-First" theory since too much evidence was tossed under the bus to shove it down our throats.

"Clovis first" has kind of been dead in the academic community (except for a few holdouts) for several decades. Current thinking is that Native Americans arrived from both Europe and Asia and in the range of up to 20,000 years ago (with very weak evidence for even earlier.) Sites in Texas have been instrumental in destroying the Clovis First idea.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: galaga

First of all, these shows need viewers so they go for the biggest and most dramatic things they can find. They probably didn't mention the timeframe of this ancestry, but if it's like mine, the genetic link is several thousand years old.

So... if you look at mine (I have a nice set of results) and go back far enough, you will see that I'm related to a small group of Africans (my mitochondrial DNA is one of the rarest) ... and to people in Turkey... and to the Huns (this has to do with my Celtic ancestors - the horse riders who came to the area of Germany with horses and iron and dominated the area around 600 BC.)

Northern Europeans (think of the Lapplanders; reindeer herders of the Arctic) have been traveling to and from North America (where the "Canadian Eskimos" are found (bad terms, not used today but ones you may be familiar with)) for thousands of years. Rather than floating across by boat, they were part of a large group of wide-ranging people who lived in the Arctic area.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

In all fairness, Clovis First has been dead in the water for years. There are multiple sites across the southern US and South America that definitively predate Clovis Culture by 1000's of years and some sites may be able to, with enough additional independant confirmation of data, push the date of colonization of the Americas back to 30Ka or earlier.

Here is a list of currently accepted pre Clovis sites and their potential date ranges(anywhere from 12-50 KA)
archaeology.about.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Oh, you are on about your lineage. I thought with the title you were on about proof. Like your DNA leading to your Father, Grandfather or Brother being caught by the police for a crime committed in the past.
You do know what your DNA can actually be used for. Just because it's Ancestry. com it could quite as easily be your local police department. Yes they will tell you the rough mix of where you came from and you will probably believe them when they say your DNA profile will be kept secure. And the sugar plum fairy is just around the corner.
Of course you know the site is jointly owned by the Mormons who have been running the World Family Tree for a number of years now. If you've never heard of that look it up and ask yourself just why would the Mormon faith want the ancestry records of everyone on Earth.?

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I feel you are a tad confused about the peopling of the Americas. Best evidence is that the majority (not all) of the groups which formed the first nations, came via Eastern Europe, INTO the Americas' over the now submerged land bridge in the region of the Bering Sea.

I'm also going to point out, that if you go back a relatively short period of time (a few thousand years (2000 - 5000 ish)) you will have a common ancestor for everyone.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join