It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Less Than A Week Of GOP Control, Kentucky Passes 20-Week Abortion Ban

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Take a breath, medical procedures have discounts on all sorts of things needed during it.

I'm not sure how it works at PP, but they can't stay in business if they don't have patients.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Bravo. If God didn't intend for the baby to be there, it wouldn't.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

BS! They'll charge $20 for a Q Tip!

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Vaginal ultrasounds when not needed pose an unnecessary risk to the women. and, since many of the genetic testing isn't done before 20 weeks, guess kentucky can expect higher rates of some birth defects. since everyone is so into having a say as to what our taxes should and shouldn't pay for, I say that I don't live in kentucky and I don't support the idea of a 20 week ban on abortions thus eliminating patients and doctors to make the decision based on a more scientific foundation... so I guess I will just opt me and my sons out of paying for kentucky's decisions, thank you!

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

and... if god wants that baby to be born so badly, no abortionist would be able to end the life....

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Is it your opinion that the Dr's time should be free to take a baby's life?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Exactly, now a days you can smell the rat crap a mile away when it comes to agendas, anti abortionist are all about saving fetuses but once the child is born they don't give two rats arses what the hell happen to them and their sinful mothers, if is the religious right the one behind the fetus saving.

Is also very interesting how doctors claims that new born have short time memories and don't remember trauma after all the act of birth is a trauma in its own right and when the child is born with brain injuries pain is not even considered.

The hypocrisy.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

The rat crap is fresh and free (tv commercial that was just on) on pro- abortion and ant abortion sides. Would you expect anything less?
edit on 7-1-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Why are you trying to create shadow puppets to debate. Can't you debate the real issue with the 20 week ban and its implications without making up fake problems?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

The story covers an ultra sound that needs to be done as well, and it costs $.

You said $20 Q-tip, and you need to recognize that it is expensive to run a medical practice. Abortions are no different. If they have to have an ultra sound they will need to charge something.
But maybe they will work it into a one cost, like when you have a colonoscopy and need sedation?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Stop trying out your pugilist dance moves on me! Your not cute.

Vaginal ultrasounds are medically unnecessary and insurance won't cover them. The only reason law makers are making a requirement of them is to make abortion harder to get and more costly.

The 20 week ban is a separate issue. It violates Roe V Wade. Vaginal ultrasounds are not required. There are much more complicated problems involved and dismissed by this ban.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I am not trying to be cute, you just disagree with me.

If the law now requires an ultra sound to make sure the baby's age is less that 20 weeks, what are we to do?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

That's not what the ultrasound mandate is for.

H.R.492 - Ultrasound Informed Consent Act

To ensure that women seeking an abortion receive an ultrasound and the opportunity to review the ultrasound before giving informed consent to receive an abortion.

Lawmakers, in all their wisdom, want to make sure that women are informed as to what it is they're aborting. They want them to see a picture of the fetus they're about to abort. But, the fetus is too small to see with the use of a conventional ultrasound device, so they've mandated that women be "probed" with a special device that can go way up her woowho, far enough to get up close and personal with the tiny fetus she's about to abort.

A judge did rule that a women CAN avert her eyes, if she wants.

“(c) Ability To Turn Eyes Away.—Nothing in this section shall be construed to prevent a pregnant woman from turning her eyes away from the ultrasound images required to be displayed and described to her. Neither the abortion provider nor the pregnant woman shall be subject to any penalty under this title if the pregnant woman declines to look at the displayed ultrasound images.

Okay? This isn't about making sure the fetus is under 20 weeks. You don't need a vaginal probe for that!

edit on 7-1-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

As was said in another post, pro abortion and anti abortion activists have their own agendas.

I think the law needed a rape/incest/moms life. When you have people seeing the "fetus" as a baby good luck changing their mind.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

There's no such thing as "pro-abortion". There's only pro-choice.

Most women who have abortions already have one or more children. I doubt that they're surprised by what the ultrasound reveals.

Women with children have more abortions than anyone else, and by an increasingly wide margin.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

This maybe helpful for you.

For many years, abortion-rights advocates have asserted that abortions after 20 weeks are performed because of maternal health complications or lethal fetal anomalies discovered late in pregnancy.[8] However, wider data from both the medical literature and late-term abortion providers indicates that most late-term procedures are not performed for these reasons. Previous survey studies of late-term abortion patients have confirmed that most late-term abortions are performed because of a delay in pregnancy diagnosis and for reasons similar to those given by first-trimester abortion patients: financial stressors, relationship problems, education concerns or parenting challenges.[9]
lozierinstitute.org...

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

the ultrasound is to check the 20 week mark not to add extra cost and abortions should be expensive.

really if you havent decided if you want an abortion by 20 weeks just have the baby

pro choice or not after a certain amount of time abortion is definitely murder.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Is there such a thing as anti abortion?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

sue the fools if that unnecessary ultrasound causes a severe infection and leaves the women sterile??

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI
some instances where someone might want to have an abortion after the 20 wk mark...
a severe defect is found in the fetus that will cause the to either die before it's born or shortly afterwards... painfully!
something is found that would endanger the women
a miscarriage is in progress and it's safer for the women to abort than to wait around for the fetal heartbeat to stop.
the women is really just a young abused teen and the pregnancy was detected late.
but of course some seem to think that women are so fickle they just wake up one morning after carrying the the child for that long, probably investing in clothes, crib, and other nursery items, and decides on a whim that she doesn't doesn't want it...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join