It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A wish list for the Trump Presidency

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
File bankruptcy of the institution and sell off the assets to Russia

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

originally posted by: Sillyolme
May it be short and uneventful.
That's my wish.

Yeah, wish for the worst. Great job folks. GREAT job...
edit on 8-1-2017 by Xeros because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Rich or "poor," it won't matter, as the government has been working for Wall Street for decades. It will not be different for the new admin.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: monkeyluv

Rich or "poor," it won't matter, as the government has been working for Wall Street for decades. It will not be different for the new admin.

You may very well be right. It's hard to argue against it.

Yet, at least now, there is a 'hope' that Trump is as pissed off as many are and just may be able to improve it somewhat.

THAT is my real wish.
edit on 8-1-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
If he can get that big border tax in place and prevent jobs theft, that would be his biggest legacy. For decades, CEOs have closed American factories, using foreign cheap labor, then resell back into America at original prices. That is treason.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
Education is a bitch. I really don't trust any current evaluations of our levels. That's a tough one

What don't you trust about them? In the case of the PISA test, it's a multinational test given to every nation (100+ nations) and even some individual states in the US sign up to be graded on their own. It happens every 3 years testing 15 year olds, and covers math, science, and reading. Most stories you see ranking the US in education source this test.

The US ranks quite highly in reading and science, we rank lower in math but we ranked better this time around than we did 3 years ago, which is the first time in awhile that our score didn't decline in relation to everyone else.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Let me clarify. That test may be valid. What I distrust is the trend- both sides- to publish the ones that look good, Point out the few and far between 'wins' and marginalize the others.

Cherry picking is another way of putting it.....

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

originally posted by: monkeyluv

You may very well be right. It's hard to argue against it.

Yet, at least now, there is a 'hope' that Trump is as pissed off as many are and just may be able to improve it somewhat.

THAT is my real wish.

It will work only if more get pissed off at Trump, especially given his background:

www.alternet.org...'s_protection_mostly_ did_the_trick

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Have I missed a few?

more beans.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I don't think Russia is the threat any longer though, and we should take some steps with NATO to assure the Russians that we aren't unifying against them.

We already did that. Russia was part of NATO's Partnership for Peace program for years. They were even invited to join NATO at one point. They ended up demanding special treatment though so it never happened. Then they annexed Crimea and left the PfP program. Since then they've been acting aggressively towards our NATO allies in the Baltics.

People really need to stop acting like Russia is some poor innocent country. The current tense relations all stem from their actions.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Russia's goal is twofold. First they want to regain their USSR borders. Second, they want a line of weak, easily influenced border states as a buffer, particularly in the south west since that's their most vulnerable region.

Whether we want to allow this or not (to say nothing of the states along Russia's border right now) is another matter. But since direct war with Russia is out it either comes down to appeasement in other areas, or putting up a military response and playing a game of chicken with Putin. Personally, I think Putin would back down... he's a true patriot for Russia and a major pragmatist. He wouldn't risk war with the west, because that wouldn't help Russia, they would take too much damage in the exchange.

Trump I think is being too soft with Russia, Obama tried that approach and it failed miserably. Hillary had the right idea but the wrong implementation. Giving up Syria is part of the price of holding back Russia elsewhere.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
2 most important things America urgently needs are a wall along the southern border and a big border tax. To stop Mexican citizens swamping America and prevent American corporations closing factories in the US, laying off American workers, using cheap Mexican labor, producing American goods cheap and sell American goods expensive in the US.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
double post
edit on 12-1-2017 by WTAFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Russia's goal is twofold. First they want to regain their USSR borders.

That's impossible. Russia was an empire. These ethnic republics like Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Ukraine, Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan were created because there was too much ethnic tension in Russia. The people of these places will never be ruled by Russians. Russia has no power to force them to be ruled by Russians. It's not like in Crimea which is historically part of Russia and are ethnic Russians who wish to be part of Russia. If Russia invade these non Russian countries, then Russia would be destroyed by war.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
double post

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: WTAFan

Just because it's not really feasible doesn't that it isn't Putin's dream. He's already making aggressive moves towards the Baltic states. And besides, Crimea was primarily Tatar until its Russification under Stalin. So it's not like Russia doesn't have a history of getting rid of the native population and replacing them with their own.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

He can dream, but that's it. This isn't the age of conquest anymore. The Baltics will never be part of Russia. If Russia invade them, Russia would be destroyed by war. Britain, France, Germany. They won't sit on their asses if Russia invade non Russian countries. Look what happened to Germany after Germany invaded Poland.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
double post

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

But look at how much land Germany was able to swallow up before the Allies got involved. I've already said elsewhere that I feel like Trump is playing the Chamberlain to Putin's Hitler. Plus, Putin has something Hitler didn't. The largest nuclear stockpile in the world. How far do you think NATO will let Russia get before they're willing to risk the end of the world?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

But look at how much land Germany was able to swallow up before the Allies got involved. I've already said elsewhere that I feel like Trump is playing the Chamberlain to Putin's Hitler. Plus, Putin has something Hitler didn't. The largest nuclear stockpile in the world. How far do you think NATO will let Russia get before they're willing to risk the end of the world?

The only place Germany annexed was Sudetenland, which was part of Germany before end of WW1 and which are all ethnic Germans. Germany did not annex any other place. Germany set up a puppet government in the other places, for example Vichy France.

Putin took back Crimea, which was given to Ukraine in 1954 in violation of the Russian constitution and the USSR constitution. Putin didn't dare take any other place in Ukraine.

<< 1   >>

join