It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A wish list for the Trump Presidency

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I know I'm not likely to get many of these wish-list items, but these, in particular, haven't been mentioned much, or at all, that I'm aware of.

Bring back NASA. For real. Move out off of this rock. There are few areas that typified American achievement than our space programs over the decades. I'd even wait a bit until the economy is more robust.

Bring the Bureau of Land Management back in line and return those lands seized by the Feds back to the States.

Give NATO two years to up their commitment of monies and restore their own militaries then bow out of that outdated cold war era entity. Replace it with bi-lateral defense agreements. Enough is enough.

Use the tax revenues from state and federal gas and diesel taxes to fund the infrastructure. By mandate, if necessary. More than enough there to maintain, expand and even R&D for high tech options.

Yes, yes, I know. There's other things of high or higher priority. Got it. It's just my wish list over and above the rest.

Have I missed a few?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
May it be short and uneventful.
That's my wish.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Likely, it will be neither. It 'might' end up short, but it won't be uneventful....

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Let Russia join NATO !!

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

I have a simple wish.

We've been screwed over for the past 8 years. Plenty more before also.

My wish?

Stop screwing us over.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
My wish will never happen... Education reform.

America was built on the pasts ability to recruit the brightest minds to the US. With the addition of the internet, it is ever so unwarranted to bring yourself to the USA to thrive in life... these things can happen anywhere and we can witness them from around the globe in seconds.

So, the trick of revitalizing an economy is to prepare the youth to be the forefront.

Not one country provides an open access platform to the best teachers possible to provide knowledge, while shifting average and under performing educators to positions of establishing the youth into the community. The educators that aren't the best of the best should be showing the children the world they live in, and questioning them as to how they one day plan to change it.

We must come to terms with the realities that adult influence and decision making is swayed slightly at the least. Children have not been corrupted by the world, and we owe it to them to rationalize possible repairs for it in the future... essentially steer them into caring about one another, instead of divide & finger pointing.

When the world sees that there is an education system that promotes a solid foundation of a future, other countries will resume sending their best minds to involve themselves as well.

In today's world, a reformed education policy could see what was a small entity of a country rise into a super power... just as the USA did so suddenly in the world. All of the primary focus of military and economy is minute as compared to the influence knowledge provides.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I'll second the bring NASA back notion. More study on propulsion and manned space flight brings more dollars into R&D and result in real world gains.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Honor the treaties made to the Native Americans.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: NoOneAskedMe

5 decades later, and there is still debates as to whether the millions if not billions spent to send astronauts to the moon was even real or not? I still have yet to determine what exactly I gain in life by knowing if they walked on the moon or a studio floor?

Why would we invest our money to learn things about whats in the neighbors back yard when we have heaps of trash in our own back yard? Let's just stuff that crap in a landfill and see what is floating in all that space junk. Space is only a place where dreams can live... you will die if you attempt to live there.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Above all else I would like to see trust in our government restored. A Trust that the citizens feel their government is more than a money collection agency and a war mongering hapless bunch of bureaucratic self serving idiots... Allot of things might change with that first step. Other wise I pretty much agree with your list...

Private space companies are actually positioning themselves to do big things in the next 5 or so years.. At probably 1/10th the cost of a bureaucratic program.

NASA needs to do research for better engines and apparatus for space travel instead of a PR firm for some political idea that has nothing to do with getting off this rock....

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I'll offer three wishes:

--An end to civil asset forfeiture

--Congress critters no longer exempt from any laws they pass for the rest of us

--Total and complete de-criminalization of marijuana

Just a beginning...

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

I missed that one. Very good point.

First and foremost, remove the political doctrine from the classroom. Not debate. Doctrine.

Some call for ending the Department of Education. Yet, the very funding, or the threat of removing it, could be very effective in addressing the political doctrine issue.

As far as actual education. That's a tough one. Off the top, we need educated teachers, with basics both understood and applied to the students. Import them if we have to...at least until we make more of our own.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Honor the treaties made to the Native Americans.

I have a little trouble with that blanket statement.

I'd modify it with Honor the current Treaties. There's a couple of slick moves by McCain in Arizona and, I believe, one in Colorado to take land away also.

These are not OK in my book and Trump needs to stomp them hard.

But going back to old broken agreements? Nope. Open that can of worms and there WILL be more problems than it solves.

Just my opinion, though.
edit on 7-1-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Agreed. I trust the Trump Presidency will be the most watched, most micro-dissected in U.S. History. It should be a damn sight cleaner than any in recent memory. here's hoping that holds true post-Trump.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Bring back NASA. For real. Move out off of this rock

I second this for no other reason that sometime off in the not too distant future.

There might be a 'Davy Crocket' saying the 'US can go to hell. I'm going to the moon'.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I like Trump, I like him a lot.... him winning was all I really needed to be honest -- but if I had to make one wish I'd want him to nuke Sweden.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The wish list does not even include the most serious problems affecting the country, including debt, high levels of military spending, consumer spending, and a government that's essentially controlled by Wall Street.

Trump will likely not solve those problems because he became wealthy thanks to them:

www.alternet.org...'s_protection_mostly_ did_the_trick

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: monkeyluv
The wish list does not even include the most serious problems affecting the country, including debt, high levels of military spending, consumer spending, and a government that's essentially controlled by Wall Street.

Trump will likely not solve those problems because he became wealthy thanks to them:

www.alternet.org...'s_protection_mostly_ did_the_trick

As I said in the OP, my wish list isn't the highest priority.

You penalize Trump for being rich, I see. Well, we've just finished with a 'poor' President- at least before he took office-and look what that got us.....

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I definitely agree with you on NASA. We'll see what Trump does, he's always been a big thinker so I think he more than other Republicans can see the value in the program.

I don't see major changes happening with NATO, we may rewrite treaties but at the end of the day it's still going to exist because it's still most cost effective than a bunch of narrower scoped mutual defense agreements. It also carries less risk of creating a WW1 style situation when everyone is clearly banding together under 1 agreement. I don't think Russia is the threat any longer though, and we should take some steps with NATO to assure the Russians that we aren't unifying against them.

When it comes to education, I'm not sure what if anything needs to be done. I don't like the Department of Education and think they can go, but the DOE doesn't actually do anything other than distribute money so eliminating them doesn't fix education issues. Outside of tuition costs our university system is doing great and at the grade school level the PISA tests just released last month and the results were very positive for the US. I had made a thread on them, but no one cared to discuss it at the time www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I've seen the percentiles that each nation is obligated to contribute to NATO and almost all of them have shorted their contributions.

Perhaps Trump will settle for a bigger share paid for by the EU and may be his intent all along. Time will tell.

Education is a bitch. I really don't trust any current evaluations of our levels. That's a tough one

top topics

<<   2 >>

join