It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone actually bothered to read the IC Russian 'Hacking' Assessment?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

This is some interesting logic. Putin wanted to destroy Hilary's chances. It worked. They had no intention of blackmailing Hilary, you can be sure. She never seemed afraid of Putin and, for good or bad, stood up to his posturing enough times while SOS.

Even as an Independent, I could see there was really not much in the Hilary emails that was worse than any other politician's m.o. The RNC is guilty of the same slop, I think. But I have yet to see the RNC info. Just because no one has released anything from RNC does not mean nothing is there. I'm sure it's on a par with Hilary's dirt. We all know just from the last political theatre how much in-fighting was going on there. Plenty of dirt.

Hilary is not afraid of Putin and the Dems just wouldn't be blackmailed by a second-rate country with a dictator in power. That's not their style. Trump and the RNC appear to be susceptible, though. My bubble won't be burst. I'm just going to keep my eyes wide open.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: edithinthesky

I'd vote for a total cleansing of the Washington elites, and I really don't care which side has worse ethics, they both are lost with regards to the regular folks. But if you look into your own post here, it kind of solidifies the current outrage. You aren't as angry that Russia did whatever, as you are angry that the Liberals were the ones caught with their pants down and you think we all need to see what kind of underwear the Conservatives wear, you know, to be fair and all.

It's time for everyone to realize politics is an ugly and reprehensible game that, much like a horrific car crash, we just can't seem to look away from. But don't worry, maybe a conservative will do something worse than Hillary, Podesta, or Wiener soon and all the focus will shift to something else. (Notice that the current focus isn't on the garbage the left did, but the mean Ruskies who exposed it) Children throwing tantrums and pointing to the other guy is the right way to handle this.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
At this point "What difference does it make?"

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Here's the report I saw and sources.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

What's wrong with pro Islam?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah.
You totally missed my point.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ventian

Ya know, everytime I hear something about this story all I can think of is, "There are definitely WMD's in Iraq." Crazy how the crazy and fanatical far left gets duped over the same stuff over and over.

you do realize that there were several in the intel community that resigned over that assessment, pushed, by the way, by the rightwing agenda of bush's team, toward a war with Iraq.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: everyone

What's wrong with pro Islam?

whats wrong with pro world peace?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: ventian

Ya know, everytime I hear something about this story all I can think of is, "There are definitely WMD's in Iraq." Crazy how the crazy and fanatical far left gets duped over the same stuff over and over.

you do realize that there were several in the intel community that resigned over that assessment, pushed, by the way, by the rightwing agenda of bush's team, toward a war with Iraq.

And from that day forward, the CIA has had zero credibility.

its why im ignoring them in this. If they want my trust, they need to earn it back. With any luck, they'll be dissolved before that can happen.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

As long as our nation is going to overlook the crap exposed in the emails to instead focus on the red herring of who may have leaked the email, I have zero faith that our country will do much more than it has done since Bush: get online and bicker about politics as if it were the lynchpin of human ego.

I mentioned it earlier, and will restate: i feel pity for partisans. They were made to be so much more. And have simply chosen to not be.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: edithinthesky
a reply to: face23785

This is some interesting logic. Putin wanted to destroy Hilary's chances. It worked. They had no intention of blackmailing Hilary, you can be sure. She never seemed afraid of Putin and, for good or bad, stood up to his posturing enough times while SOS.

Even as an Independent, I could see there was really not much in the Hilary emails that was worse than any other politician's m.o. The RNC is guilty of the same slop, I think. But I have yet to see the RNC info. Just because no one has released anything from RNC does not mean nothing is there. I'm sure it's on a par with Hilary's dirt. We all know just from the last political theatre how much in-fighting was going on there. Plenty of dirt.

Hilary is not afraid of Putin and the Dems just wouldn't be blackmailed by a second-rate country with a dictator in power. That's not their style. Trump and the RNC appear to be susceptible, though. My bubble won't be burst. I'm just going to keep my eyes wide open.

So with all the stuff that's already come out about Trump, you really think he's gonna be afraid of Russia releasing some RNC insider emails and that's gonna give Putin leverage with him? THAT'S some interesting logic. Maybe you don't know this, but the RNC has zero say in foreign policy.

I love how you're giving the email release credit for "destroying" her chances too. He barely won. The electoral map looks crushing but realistically the margins in a lot of key states were fairly small. The election could've gone either way, the key was turnout. And the intelligence reports that you're so convinced prove Russia did it specifically state they can't establish that they had ANY effect on the election, nevermind "destroying" Hillary's chances. There is no data to quantify any effect you may want to claim it had. There were myriad reasons she lost.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I saw you say that yesterday, or whenever it was, and it made me think how right you are. I know I am/have been guilty of it, but however much stupid stuff Trump says on his twitter, he still has the responsibility of bringing our country out of the black hole its been in for almost 10 years. Sure it's fun to pick on the guy who said the wrong thing, but at some point, we all need to be looking forward to better times. And I think he will turn out to be much less of a conservative as time passes, and as long as we can move onward and upward, I think it's great. I am truly baffled by those who seem to wish for his failure, while living in the US.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Its like sitting in the backseat as your driven down the freeway, wishing that the driver would screw up and crash. It really is insane.

There's no doubt that i would be called "conservative" by most. And "liberal" by the rest.
So no worries on the terms. The issue is when people support a bad candidate simply because they are on their team. This election saw folks hate Hillary until Bernie lost, then embrace Hillary like she was a savior once the Bernie thing was forgotten.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Don't be absurd.
Almost everyone is sure it was the Russians. Including Lord trump.
There are some diehards but there always are

Only two possibilities:

1) you didn't read the thread; or
2) you refuse to believe the words of the actual report.

... it was the Russians.

BTW, what did they precisely do in your view?

The report explicitly says they didn't hack the actual voting.

The report explicitly says they didn't alter any of the leaked emails.

The report explicitly says they didn't make an assessment of the impact that Russian activities had on the outcome of the 2016 election.

The Russians have hacked both DNC and RNC servers. The Russians specifically chose to release DNC information to wikileaks in an attempt to sway the election.

Those emails, while legit, were sourced in numerous "fake news" propaganda hit pieces that distorted and deliberately misinterpreted many of the emails.

In the final analysis, American voters proved pretty immune to Russian chicanery. The only people outraged by the contents of leaked emails or "fake news" stories were people who weren't going to vote for Hillary anyway.

P.S.

Anyone curious why the Republicans are just as concerned as the Democrats about all this should realize it's because they know they could be next.
edit on 9-1-2017 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I am truly baffled by those who seem to wish for his failure, while living in the US.

On this point, I agree with you.

I want all our Presidents to be successful at moving America forward. And even when I disagree about policy with a sitting President, I am generally willing to give the policies a chance, unless they violate one of my core tenants. And when it comes to something like economics, the truth is malleable -- so I generally just shrug and hope for the best.

I certainly don't want any President to fail. I may be vocal about WHY I disagree with a certain policy, but hoping for widespread failure is foolish, IMHO.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Who cares about the hacks. Lets get back to cryptids and ufo #

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

The Russians have hacked both DNC and RNC servers.

Is there a report on the RNC hacks?

Would be good to compare.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: PistolPete

This quarrel isn't between Russia and the United States, it's between members of the Western Ruling Class and the Russian Oligarchs control of oil and natural gas pipelines. It has zero to do with political ideologies.

Truth for all to see
Not very many will acknowledge it

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: edithinthesky
a reply to: Reverbs

The agenda is Russian. The Russians are in an economic spiral and grasping. We are a world superpower but we just got played by their 3rd world propaganda. Putin is on top of the world right now, "winning" because Americans believe tremendous lies. The rest of the world is reporting this, not "biased" news sources but hundreds of objective reports are reporting our elections in the free United States of America have been compromised by a foreign power. This is not Kennedy or Bush stealing a few votes here and there, this is another country, a country that has objectives not set to benefit our citizenry.

ATS used to be a place where conspiracy theories could be explored. Now the undermining of our democratic system is all about "Democrats?" Puh-leeze.

I'm an Independent with colleagues on either side of the aisle. The Repubs in high places I know are terrified of what Trump is going to do to this country to suit his own needs, not the needs of any part of our population. Seriously, why not take off the red-tinted glasses and look at the truth?

Any guess who Trump owes a sh%#ton of money to? He has a big debt to pay off and he is doing it with our democracy. Do a little minor searching on the web and there it is. No thanks. Some on this board seem to WELCOME this takeover by a foreign power of our sovereign country. I do not. I don't always trust my govm't but I'm not a fool. The evidence is all over the place. Moreover, it's even WORSE than the released intel:

www.slate.com...

If you're cool with Russia guiding policy in America, then you are a new breed of American as far as I am concerned. I say NO THANKS! I'm not selling MY soul to that devil. Research what life is like for most people living in Russia, go there, check it out first-hand, if that's your lifestyle, go for it. But here in America we have free and fair elections, a constitution that ensures our basic rights and freedom of the press. I don't want to live in a dictatorship. I value my freedom.

Freedom isn't free. I'm prepared to fight for my democracy. If you are happy to hand your rights over to a foreign power, that's your prerogative. But I'm not going to join the hate rhetoric and give up my freedom to a 3rd world power.

Seriously, it's unbelievable how DEEP this propaganda has penetrated the souls of good Americans. WAKE UP!

Indigo5 is that you?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: edithinthesky

HI could you bullet point a few or as many disclosures that were meant to be damning against Hillary that you excuse as no worse than any other politicians? I am serious here, just trying to make sense and understand. Your answer would mean alot.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join