It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone actually bothered to read the IC Russian 'Hacking' Assessment?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Yes it is obvious. You are fantasizing about living-out your fascist, authoritarian wet dreams through a Trump presidency.

Trump people are interested in self determination and Liberty, which is more libertarian than fascist authoritarian or dictatorial, and it appears that Trump might even understand this in his own way.

If he turns out to be a fascist dictator, then that's in diametric opposition to his own base.

You have to look closely and follow the underlying narrative, instead of just continuing with previously held assumptions.

I've been open minded in considering new information and data, and what I can see is that the MSM, the Obama administration and the leftist liberals, have completely lost the narrative, including all of their projections on Donald Trump.

Hate doesn't trump love.

This is a serious misunderstanding on your part as to what the Trump movement has been and is all about, and he hasn't even taken office yet.

He may talk and act like a buffoon but if he makes the right choices and decisions in favor of a better world that's in closer alignment with the intention of the founding fathers, then we're looking at the dawning of a new day, while you shake your fist in outrage at the rising sun. That's also a possibility. Why corner yourself like that?

edit on 8-1-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: quote added

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

People wrote the Constitution and made laws. People amend the constitution and laws. People grant power. Always.

You are correct. I concede on that point.

What a strange and confused mind you have.

Can you now point-out how the intelligence community can amend the constitution to grant that authority? After all you did say this:

The intelligence community is going to be overhauled and replaced with leadership loyal to Trump, and they are giving Trump the complete authority to implement tight election controls... like voter ID laws and federal oversight.

Then you said this:

The intelligence community are placed perfectly to drive a narrative, exactly as they are doing now.

First they are granting authority and when it's pointed out that they do not have that power, you change it to a narrative.

It's pretty obvious who is confused. You can't even decide what BS you are trying to spread.

Silly Democrat /facepalm

I'm not a Democrat. I can understand the mistake considering your confusion.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Why corner yourself like that?

I have not cornered myself. I do not like Trump, but I am going to give him a fair shot before I sell him down the river.

My comment, which you were replying to, was directed at the other member who has provided us a track record of statements that indicate a fascist, authoritarian mindset. That would include the stomping of constitutional principles and liberty.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Fair enough, and smart move. Stay open-minded.

As to the other poster - such an attitude contains the irony of wanting to hands one's own power over to and look up to some sort of authoritarian father figure, so while it presumes to be strong and muscular, it's actually somewhat infantile in its ignorance about the true nature of power, including one's own.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: cenpuppie
I read it, it's pure speculation. They never included method of attack, the exploit used to compromise the server, how they got in, nothing.

It's pure and utter propaganda, the pure definition of it! If this is the best they got, then Trump is right.

In LAWYER speak.

They'd call that report supposition, and would never stand up in a court of law.

The kangroo courts of public opinion with the end game of voter nullification ?

YES WE CAN!.

The really dumb thing is that they are setting a table for Trump that they may not enjoy eating from. The intelligence community is going to be overhauled and replaced with leadership loyal to Trump, and they are giving Trump the complete authority to implement tight election controls... like voter ID laws and federal oversight.

What exactly is the problem with voter id laws? I see no difference between foreign agents from Russia influencing our election via hacking and foreign agents from mexico influencing our election by illegally voting. Both events are non-Americans trying to influence the outcome of our election. The only real difference is one side showed people how crooked and criminal one of the candidates was, and the other side voted for that same crooked criminal.

I think maybe voter id laws are a pretty good idea. I have to show an id for just about everything that matters and I have no problem with it. Non-US citizens should never be allowed to vote in our election any more than I should be able to go to mexico, or anywhere else, and vote there. Only in liberal USA is that acceptable. Which is why we are moving quickly away from liberal USA. We have had enough of this stupidity.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

People wrote the Constitution and made laws. People amend the constitution and laws. People grant power. Always.

You are correct. I concede on that point.

What a strange and confused mind you have.

Can you now point-out how the intelligence community can amend the constitution to grant that authority? After all you did say this:

The intelligence community is going to be overhauled and replaced with leadership loyal to Trump, and they are giving Trump the complete authority to implement tight election controls... like voter ID laws and federal oversight.

Then you said this:

The intelligence community are placed perfectly to drive a narrative, exactly as they are doing now.

First they are granting authority and when it's pointed out that they do not have that power, you change it to a narrative.

It's pretty obvious who is confused. You can't even decide what BS you are trying to spread.

Silly Democrat /facepalm

I'm not a Democrat. I can understand the mistake considering your confusion.

The first point you jumped at as 'absurd' left out some stages to be filled in by people with even a modicum of thought, but I can see how those with no brain would be confused by it, or people like you who are too eager to have an argument over a minor point.

I'll spell it out:
The intelligence community drives a narrative.
People's opinions change according the the narrative.
The fear / concern created by the narrative leads people to not just accept change but push for it.
Representatives get the message.
Change happens - laws and even constitutional amendments

So the narrative is now akin to cold war proportions of reds under the bed and elections being hacked.
People are actually buying it. Something like 50% of Trumps opponents think he only won because Russia hacked the election!
Trump just needs to put his people in place and drive it harder to undermine confidence in the 2018 elections to the extent that people agree with and demand voter ID laws and, frankly, anything else he wants.
Smooth ride through the legal process.
Millions of illegals don't get to vote in the 2018 mid terms.
Democrats lose big.
edit on 8/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Knew right away when they say "assessment" its gonna be more 'no proof' proof.

Imagine watching a sporting event, any major US sporting event. Theres the play, the whistle, a foul, a thrown flag and twenty slo mo cameras, panels of judges and insta replay to show everyone instantly what happened.

The US gubment could learn a lot from the NFL...

Oh, never mind, they'e faking again.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

I read it, it's pure speculation. They never included method of attack, the exploit used to compromise the server, how they got in, nothing.

It's pure and utter propaganda, the pure definition of it! If this is the best they got, then Trump is right.

In LAWYER speak.

They'd call that report supposition, and would never stand up in a court of law.

YES WE CAN!.

The really dumb thing is that they are setting a table for Trump that they may not enjoy eating from. The intelligence community is going to be overhauled and replaced with leadership loyal to Trump, and they are giving Trump the complete authority to implement tight election controls... like voter ID laws and federal oversight.

What exactly is the problem with voter id laws? I see no difference between foreign agents from Russia influencing our election via hacking and foreign agents from mexico influencing our election by illegally voting. Both events are non-Americans trying to influence the outcome of our election. The only real difference is one side showed people how crooked and criminal one of the candidates was, and the other side voted for that same crooked criminal.

I think maybe voter id laws are a pretty good idea. I have to show an id for just about everything that matters and I have no problem with it. Non-US citizens should never be allowed to vote in our election any more than I should be able to go to mexico, or anywhere else, and vote there. Only in liberal USA is that acceptable. Which is why we are moving quickly away from liberal USA. We have had enough of this stupidity.

Nothing wrong with voter ID laws, but hard to get done because Democrats are so against it, because it means they will lose millions of illegal votes.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

The first point you jumped at as 'absurd' left out some stages to be filled in by people with even a modicum of thought, but I can see how those with no brain would be confused by it, or people like you who are too eager to have an argument over a minor point.

Left out some stages? I took you for your word and it was absurd. Your propensity for insults do not hide your written words. Intelligence agencies do not give presidents authority to change election "controls" or laws. Not sure any "stage" needs to be filled in with that statement.

The intelligence community drives a narrative. People's opinions change according the the narrative. The fear / concern created by the narrative leads people to not just accept change but push for it. Representatives get the message. Change happens - laws and even constitutional amendments

So you want Trump to put people in place within the intelligence community that will propagandize the people towards a specific political goal.

I'm not sure that is any better than your statement that they give powers to the president.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

In LAWYER speak.

YES WE CAN!.

Nothing wrong with voter ID laws, but hard to get done because Democrats are so against it, because it means they will lose millions of illegal votes.

Can you prove that millions of illegal votes are being cast?

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

In LAWYER speak.

YES WE CAN!.

No. Because every time someone tries to do that investigation, it's shut down as being "racist." It's a nice game they've got going.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

In LAWYER speak.

YES WE CAN!.

No. Because every time someone tries to do that investigation, it's shut down as being "racist." It's a nice game they've got going.

Interesting. I'd like to read-up on that.

Have a link?

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Left out some stages? I took you for your word and it was absurd. Your propensity for insults do not hide your written words. Intelligence agencies do not give presidents authority to change election "controls" or laws. Not sure any "stage" needs to be filled in with that statement.

The intelligence community drives a narrative. People's opinions change according the the narrative. The fear / concern created by the narrative leads people to not just accept change but push for it. Representatives get the message. Change happens - laws and even constitutional amendments

So you want Trump to put people in place within the intelligence community that will propagandize the people towards a specific political goal.

I'm not sure that is any better than your statement that they give powers to the president.

Unfortunately, on an internet forum, an entire step by step is not always given or required. If you can't interpret, or at least seek further clarification, without jumping into an argument about it, that's not my problem.

What I want Trump to do is not the point, and also was not the original point. What he could do is the point, made easier by the current intelligence community releasing propaganda and helping create a public opinion ripe for Trump to exploit.

Don't make the discussion personal.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

In LAWYER speak.

YES WE CAN!.

In a court of law?

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Unfortunately, on an internet forum, an entire step by step is not always given or required. If you can't interpret, or at least seek further clarification, without jumping into an argument about it, that's not my problem.

I shouldn't have to interpret. I should be able to take you for your word. If I have to interpret, that means you were not clear in your post, or you said something absurd and are now deflecting by making my "interpretation" the focus instead of your words.

What I want Trump to do is not the point, and also was not the original point. What he could do is the point, made easier by the current intelligence community releasing propaganda and helping create a public opinion ripe for Trump to exploit.

Yes, he could do that, but why would we support a president using the intelligence community as an arm of propaganda?

A hypocritical statement considering you regularly questions people's intelligence as a debate tactic.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

In LAWYER speak.

YES WE CAN!.

In a court of law?

Do you have any evidence to support your statement?

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

In LAWYER speak.

YES WE CAN!.

In a court of law?

Do you have any evidence to support your statement?

Yes of course. There are quite a few studies.
Here is one - warning, it's pdf link but seems ok.
Illegal Immigrant Voting

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: loam

Really...I'm reading it now. It sure seems like the Russians hacked the US to influence our elections and that they will do this again and again possibly influencing elections in our allied states to install pro Russian leaders within those states.
Boy I don't know about you but that scares the # out of me.
Look beyond what they just did and see the future.

But you had no problem with a pro islam president. Going as far as cheering it on promoting it.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I shouldn't have to interpret. I should be able to take you for your word. If I have to interpret, that means you were not clear in your post, or you said something absurd and are now deflecting by making my "interpretation" the focus instead of your words.

Yes, he could do that, but why would we support a president using the intelligence community as an arm of propaganda?

A hypocritical statement considering you regularly questions people's intelligence as a debate tactic.

People interpret every day of their lives and if they do not understand, they usually seek clarification, before seeking conflict.

Why would anyone support a President using propaganda? Good question, perhaps its a thread of it's own because every President uses propaganda, especially the current one.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I have to be honest. When I saw you use the term "libtard" a while back, I stopped reading anything that you have to say.

If we don't have civil discourse we have nothing and anyone who violates it isn't worth paying any attention to.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join