It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone actually bothered to read the IC Russian 'Hacking' Assessment?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
I read it and agree with what Rachael Maddow said. You deniers live in a different world and REFUSE to accept the fact that Putin had an agenda against Clinton over a grudge. Regardless, right wingers are hook, line, and sinker to the Russian ploy and you are all getting played by Putin. What this boils down to is that Putin had a massively successful Psy-Ops campaign against and you right wingers just ate it up and are asking for more.

www.msnbc.com...

So the new Psy-Op of Russia is to spread the truth to the masses? Wow. That just might work. Wait a second, it did work. Exposed the DNC and Hillary. I wonder when it will be the Republicans turn? If they did it, I hope they continue spreading the truth.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Makes you wonder what the classified report contains..

Obviously enough supporting evidence to get the GOP in congress to admit the Russian interference despite the political convenience of denying it.

Two items that were interesting to me in the report..Julian Assange being on contract/payroll of RT (Putins State Run Media and Propaganda arm) and the fact that they repeatedly say in the report that both Conservative and Liberal political groups were targetd. So what might the Russians be sitting on relevant to the GOP and Trump campaign. Trump has said they were never hacked...But that seems unsubstantiated and frankly unlikely. Conservative "political figures" were also targets...I am not comfortable with what round two might look like or how the Russians, sitting on damaging data from GOP hacks might step up their campaign over the next four years to influence policy with the GOP.

Either way...Back to rah! rah! hail Putin!!! USA sucks!! Russia and FSB Great!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: baburak

This whole thing had nothing to do with Hillary's server. An entirely different and unrelated event. Wow how embarrassing.

This was about the DNC being hacked.

This is the problem here. People can't seem to keep facts straight and events separate.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

I read it and agree with what Rachael Maddow said. You deniers live in a different world and REFUSE to accept the fact that Putin had an agenda against Clinton over a grudge. Regardless, right wingers are hook, line, and sinker to the Russian ploy and you are all getting played by Putin. What this boils down to is that Putin had a massively successful Psy-Ops campaign against and you right wingers just ate it up and are asking for more.

www.msnbc.com...

So the new Psy-Op of Russia is to spread the truth to the masses? Wow. That just might work. Wait a second, it did work. Exposed the DNC and Hillary. I wonder when it will be the Republicans turn? If they did it, I hope they continue spreading the truth.

In the age of high-speed ubiquitous internet and information tidal wave...Selective leaking and conspiratorial spin is how Propaganda rolls. Even boring emails about a Pizza joint turned into a world wide pedophilia slave ring with help from native trolls.

Anyone and everyone is vulnerable to such campaigns...This was a one sided campaign with agenda...If Clinton was likable and favorable to Russia and kissed their ass in speeches..The GOP and Trump would have been the victim.

If we give the OK to Russia with this and don't hit back hard...We might have an election in 4 years where both candidates pander to Russia in hopes of currying favor and not being attacked with a cyber + Propaganda campaign.

This is NOT OK...FOR EITHER PARTY or THE USA...

Still strange that people can't see the bigger picture or the longer view.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
America has been defeated.

All her institutions are lies, do not believe America

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Yes they exposed the dems.

I know there same skeletons occupy the republicans closets too. Positive of it.

So you think all nations on Earth are pro Republican ?

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

www.msnbc.com...

In the age of high-speed ubiquitous internet and information tidal wave...Selective leaking and conspiratorial spin is how Propaganda rolls. Even boring emails about a Pizza joint turned into a world wide pedophilia slave ring with help from native trolls.

Anyone and everyone is vulnerable to such campaigns...This was a one sided campaign with agenda...If Clinton was likable and favorable to Russia and kissed their ass in speeches..The GOP and Trump would have been the victim.

If we give the OK to Russia with this and don't hit back hard...We might have an election in 4 years where both candidates pander to Russia in hopes of currying favor and not being attacked with a cyber + Propaganda campaign.

Propaganda is used with lies. Did the DNC have anything to do with Bernies loss? Yes. The leaks prove it. Was it an agenda against Hillary? Yes. To show who she really was. The leaks were true. Propaganda is using lies for an agenda. What do you call using truth for an agenda? Propaganda? I just call it the truth.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Yes they exposed the dems.

I know there same skeletons occupy the republicans closets too. Positive of it.

So you think all nations on Earth are pro Republican ?

Maybe so, Republicans are pro Russian now, it's a brave new world!

We can't trust the government we pay for.

Comrade

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Makes you wonder what the classified report contains..

Obviously enough supporting evidence to get the GOP in congress to admit the Russian interference despite the political convenience of denying it.

Two items that were interesting to me in the report..Julian Assange being on contract/payroll of RT (Putins State Run Media and Propaganda arm) and the fact that they repeatedly say in the report that both Conservative and Liberal political groups were targetd. So what might the Russians be sitting on relevant to the GOP and Trump campaign. Trump has said they were never hacked...But that seems unsubstantiated and frankly unlikely. Conservative "political figures" were also targets...I am not comfortable with what round two might look like or how the Russians, sitting on damaging data from GOP hacks might step up their campaign over the next four years to influence policy with the GOP.

Either way...Back to rah! rah! hail Putin!!! USA sucks!! Russia and FSB Great!!!

For once I agree with your general point of Putin having material on both parties, and it was going to be problematic with either election outcome.

Putin is too smart to set unrealistic goals, so I doubt he ever set out to effect the election result, rather have material on both candidates and throw doubt on the US system. I suspect that is why Russia continually hack year after year. It doesn't actually make sense that the wikileaks material was sourced by Russia and so far no evidence of it, but I am sure they have that info and more.

Putin completely took Obama and the entire US administration to school and turned the USA into his puppet and play thing. He achieved all his goals, I'd say.

It makes sense that Putin would have plans for Trump or any other Republican.
[SNIPPED], but screaming about being violated and threatening nuclear war is not the way. Sell outs like McCain and awful little weasels like Lindsay Graham along with the spineless representatives from the Dems and inteligence agencies are just an embarrassment. Not only does the US look like a political weakling, but are now humiliating themselves on the world stage by washing all their dirty laundry in full view.

The weakness of the Obama's and Clinton's and Republican neocon remnants of this world needs to be left behind.
We'll just have to wait and see if Trump is man enough to take on Putin. I some how doubt it, but there's a far better chance of him doing it that the current idiot in chief.
edit on 8/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Jan 8 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: no vulgarities in the Mud Pit allowed.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

www.msnbc.com...

My god, two posts in a row I agree with.

That is exactly how propaganda works - selective points leaked at specific times and often not in context. All major countries are at it, including the US and it is not just to effect foreign countries, but to propagandise their own people.

Your focus, and the intelligence communities, is far too narrow though. Other countries were also involved, including my own, with a sustained media campaign against Trump injected into US via the BBC using the world service and also social media.

There is but one defence. Transparency and honesty.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie
I read it, it's pure speculation. They never included method of attack, the exploit used to compromise the server, how they got in, nothing.

It's pure and utter propaganda, the pure definition of it! If this is the best they got, then Trump is right.

In LAWYER speak.

They'd call that report supposition, and would never stand up in a court of law.

The kangroo courts of public opinion with the end game of voter nullification ?

YES WE CAN!.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: cenpuppie
I read it, it's pure speculation. They never included method of attack, the exploit used to compromise the server, how they got in, nothing.

It's pure and utter propaganda, the pure definition of it! If this is the best they got, then Trump is right.

In LAWYER speak.

They'd call that report supposition, and would never stand up in a court of law.

The kangroo courts of public opinion with the end game of voter nullification ?

YES WE CAN!.

The really dumb thing is that they are setting a table for Trump that they may not enjoy eating from. The intelligence community is going to be overhauled and replaced with leadership loyal to Trump, and they are giving Trump the complete authority to implement tight election controls... like voter ID laws and federal oversight.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I have another theory.

The left set up GW for Iraq. See the CLinton years seem them warmongering along with the right.

Just like the left is setiing up Russia right now.

Creating so much hatred 8 years will be guaranteed.

'Anyone but Trump'.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

I have another theory.

The left set up GW for Iraq. See the CLinton years seem them warmongering along with the right.

Just like the left is setiing up Russia right now.

Creating so much hatred 8 years will be guaranteed.

'Anyone but Trump'.

The trouble is I think Trump and Putin are going to drink brandy together (maybe a cola for The Donald), play golf and laugh their assess off at Obama, Hillary et al.

I heard that Trump has been aware of the hand behind the curtain of politics for some time and planned this campaign precisely, even deferring in 2012, not because he was not ready, but because the country was not ready. I don't think he is going to fall for it. It will still be a battle of wills with Putin, but I think they will find common ground, starting with completely taking away ISIS caliphate.

Trump will find win/win scenarios with Putin, whereas dumbass Obama, Clinton and Kerry were always playing win/lose games (they ended up losing).
Watch what will happen - US, Britain, Russia and Israel are going to become a lot closer.

One thing is for sure, the first state visit between Trump and Putin is going to draw a bigger audience than the Superbowl... broadcast on a new media channel dedicated to the Trump Presidency (
)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
It was like reading the NIST report about the destruction of the twin towers.

It began with a presumption and worked backward from there, while attempting to lay much of it at the feet of RT and "fake news".

It read as a partisan driven document that threw a lot of dust up in the air, but without any proof, or reference to said proof.

If my own analysis is right, that this all had something to do with the strategy of tension and the missile defence shield, then the Russians were probably more concerned with Hillary's loss than with Trump's win.

Also, in what way, aside from the RT reporting, does the TRUTH malign Hillary Clinton except according to Hillary Clinton's own actions and decisions?

The leaks were only impactful to the degree that they demonstrated a propensity towards corruption and abuse of power, among other unmentionables (Podesta).

To blame it all on Russia, without actual proof and no indication or evidence as to the "go-betweens" narrative, is absurd.

Guccifer 2.0 was, as I understand it, no great hacking genius but someone who was testing passwords on email accounts and who hacked Podesta with the password, PASSWORD.

Is it maybe not also possible that the DNC emails were leaked by an insider who was upset about the way Bernie Sanders was coopted by the Clinton campaign?

Might this whole thing be, in part, drawing attention away from Seth Rich who Assange offered a reward to solve his murder and find his killer?

Out of this whole thing, I think that name leaps out front and center. Seth Rich.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

The intelligence community is going to be overhauled and replaced with leadership loyal to Trump, and they are giving Trump the complete authority to implement tight election controls... like voter ID laws and federal oversight.

The intelligence community does not grant power to any sitting president. What an absurd statement.

Also, election "controls" and such are the duty of the individual states as defined in the Constitution and other laws.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

The intelligence community is going to be overhauled and replaced with leadership loyal to Trump, and they are giving Trump the complete authority to implement tight election controls... like voter ID laws and federal oversight.

The intelligence community does not grant power to any sitting president. What an absurd statement.

Also, election "controls" and such are the duty of the individual states as defined in the Constitution and other laws.

No, the people ultimately grant power to any politician and even sitting Presidents pay the price for going against the people. The intelligence community are placed perfectly to drive a narrative, exactly as they are doing now. The stage is set for Trump to get full support for the type of election reform the Republicans have wanted for some time. Great news if they can keep millions of illegals from voting with rigorous voter ID laws.

I think it was fairly obvious what I was saying, well to those those with moderate intelligence and above (in other words it was aimed at Republicans, not democrats).

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

No, the people ultimately grant power to any politician and even sitting Presidents pay the price for going against the people. The intelligence community are placed perfectly to drive a narrative, exactly as they are doing now.

People do not grant powers. They grant positions. The Constitution and our laws define what powers they have.

Narratives mean nothing when it comes to constitutional powers.

The stage is set for Trump to get full support for the type of election reform the Republicans have wanted for some time. Great news if they can keep millions of illegals from voting with rigorous voter ID laws.

Only if it's done at the state level.

I think it was fairly obvious what I was saying, well to those those with moderate intelligence and above (in other words it was aimed at Republicans, not democrats).

Yes it is obvious. You are fantasizing about living-out your fascist, authoritarian wet dreams through a Trump presidency.
edit on 8-1-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Old reports and findings although it does touch on how RT and" Russia" uses truth to disseminate information on their networks which are open source in this new age of social media. Just as I choose not to go to Cnn etc for my current events because of their extreme propaganda and bias, I do choose other outlets like RT for news with a closer chance of truth over bias and faster reporting without bignews brotherhood deciding what I can see or hear. Real time.

As for this OLD report with just enough thrown in to make it possibly applicable to current involvements, I agree with their use of Wikileaks to purge information that should be TRANSPARENT.

If politicians are caught they are caught regardless of the ways which serve the means.

Everything I read in the report I tend to agree with. Does this mean I am Russian? A victim of the Kremlin's attempt to force me to think and feel as they chose?

This is a mess and the emails I am certain contained vital transmissions via emails which would have implicated a much deeper level of trouble for other politicals even down to or up to Obama himself.
edit on pm131pmSun, 08 Jan 2017 13:39:15 -0600 by antar because: Redherring

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

No, the people ultimately grant power to any politician and even sitting Presidents pay the price for going against the people. The intelligence community are placed perfectly to drive a narrative, exactly as they are doing now.

People do not grant powers. They grant positions. The Constitution and our laws define what powers they have.

Narratives mean nothing when it comes to constitutional powers.

The stage is set for Trump to get full support for the type of election reform the Republicans have wanted for some time. Great news if they can keep millions of illegals from voting with rigorous voter ID laws.

Only if it's done at the state level.

Yes it is obvious. You are fantasizing about living-out your fascist, authoritarian wet dreams through a Trump presidency.

People wrote the Constitution and made laws. People amend the constitution and laws. People grant power. Always.
What a strange and confused mind you have. I guess you think if a constitutional amendment is made, it was the constitution that did it? Silly Democrat /facepalm

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join