It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone actually bothered to read the IC Russian 'Hacking' Assessment?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   
It was all propaganda to further confuse the Population into believing a lie.

It's as though they were attempting to push this lie amongst the sheeple, which are easy to fool, that Russia somehow is the big bad wolf.

When in fact, the perpetrators of this Lie are to blame. They are the wolves that people need to be looking for, not agreeing with because they happen to be Self Important based on? Nothing really.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
One other thing about the report that has to be said.

It reads like a bad conspiracy theory document, one with bold conclusions supported with loose evidence, written by butt hurt individuals who know they are losing their jobs.

"Evidence" seems to include random crowd shots on RT from 2012 showing a guy in an Obama mask with horns on. I mean, seriously, what has a crowd scene on a news station have to do with anything? I saw the same sort thing on the BBC in 2016, with Trump effigies.

In fact, the coverage was so negative against Trump on the BBC, why is the UK not being investigated and sanctioned for trying to influence the US election??? You can be sure British intelligence also hack the # out of US institutions.

Comparing RT and the BBC, it is very safe to say that the BBC took a more anti-Trump approach than RT did an anti-Clinton approach. What is the difference?

The sooner these political hacks in the US intelligence community get fired, the better. They are just the same kind of puppets as the MSM, which is probably why the gave the media intelligence information before anyone else.
edit on 8/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

DHS assesses that the types of systems we observed Russian actors targeting or compromising are not involved in vote tallying

This is the most important thing, that Russia wasn't able to physically manipulate actual vote totals. That would have been an act of war in my opinion. This is a major confirmation. The report also confirms that the emails that were leaked were John Podesta's unadulterated emails.

These are important points as there is a huge difference between the narrative that Russia hacked our election and Russia used the internet to influence opinion in the US.

A large portion of the report is about RT's propaganda efforts. I absolutely believe that Putin used resources such as this and internet trolls to influence opinion of Hillary Clinton in the US. We live in a global world now. This type of thing is going to occur. In a world were something as small as the current ground temperature can be used as propaganda this will never be stopped. RT routinely interviews people like Ron Paul, Alex Jones, Bernie Sanders, and Noam Chomsky, people that could be considered to be dissidents.

Do I think Obama is trying to use this situation to deligitimize Trump? Absolutely. And I don't blame him. Even after Trump's election we were still talking about that god damned birth certificate. Still trying to deligitimize Obama's Presidency. The media on the Right turned a center-left pragmatist into a Marxist straight from the rip. While I don't necessarily agree with these tactics it's good to see the Democrats grow some balls.

They've so successfully divided us that most people's minds operate in a vacuum in which Good and Evil are clearly deliniated when in reality things are much more nuanced and complicated.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Just more evidence that we need Civil Service reform. Drain the swamp for people who are honest, not honestly politicians.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: PistolPete

Yes, there were people running around on the net paid to try to influence people posing as supporters of this or that position, but everyone does that and we've known about this for a while.

Obama did this for the past two cycles, and I'm pretty sure Hillary was attempting to use this strategy herself.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: PistolPete

Yes, there were people running around on the net paid to try to influence people posing as supporters of this or that position, but everyone does that and we've known about this for a while.

Obama did this for the past two cycles, and I'm pretty sure Hillary was attempting to use this strategy herself.

Hillary was the most organised at developing propaganda strategies to undermine truth with fiction. That is what CTR is all about. In the end though, she had to pay for support, whilst millions all over the world were happy to give up their time for free to ensure she never again could call the Whitehouse home.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Figures that's all you get out of this.
Typical.
Forest... trees...

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Ohanka

Figures that's all you get out of this.
Typical.
Forest... trees...

So ... foreign nations have their preferences in elections?

I remember when one of the big talking points to elect Obama was that all of the foreign countries wanted us to elect him.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

Another that can't see the Forrest for the trees.

Yes they exposed the dems.

I know there same skeletons occupy the republicans closets too. Positive of it.

But look past what they revealed and examine what they did.

Reverse the rolls and you guys would be up in arms.
You got all upset with every revelation about trumps nasty character from the dems. Every story was oh hey that's a lie or that's unfair. Now if the Russians had hacked them and revealed this you'd want their heads.
It's not like one side was squeaky clean or anything.

But here's the real truth. A foreign government that looses no love for the USA used illegally obtained information to put a pro Russian leader in charge of the white house.
They will continue to do this with elections around the world until they have installed pro Russian leaders in all the nation's that are our allies. What happens then?

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

No.

What they did was take away your pretensions of moral superiority for a change. If they actually did hack those files, then all they did was show the world that all those claims of moral superiority and high mindedness, the carefully crafted public facade the Democrats pretend to are crap.

So all you had left was policy v policy, and guess what? The Democrats lost.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Just a thought: Did RT shows from 2012 had an influence on any of you? Would you vote for the other candidate? Here's your answer if Russians did help Trump.

Or maybe it was Putin that made Hillary sent all of those emails to her private server? Than Hillary is Kremlins agent?

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: baburak
Just a thought: Did RT shows from 2012 had an influence on any of you? Would you vote for the other candidate? Here's your answer if Russians did help Trump.

Or maybe it was Putin that made Hillary sent all of those emails to her private server? Than Hillary is Kremlins agent?

The only reason I know anything at all about RT is because of this site. I certainly don't pay any attention to it on my own.

I already knew Hillary was crap before any of the emails came out.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Low Information Democrats will use this report as absolute proof that Trump shouldn't be president and we need a nuclear war with Russia

This is ridiculous since democrats tend to be more educated than Republicans, don't support wars, and are especially against using nuclear weapons at any cost.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Well I guess the world would be significantly less dangerous at that point.

Of course there is no such scheme. People across the West are rejecting the collapsing establishment without needing Russia's help.

Are you implying America has never interfered with elections to install pro-US regimes? What about orchestrating coups? They've also been known to outright invade countries for the sole purpose of installing a pro-US regime.

Don't act like a dick on the world stage and other powers will have little reason to do it to you.

Fortunately for everyone except bankers, oil tycoons and jihadists I see the Bush-Obama era of Imperialist expansionism coming to an end within the next few days.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

President Clonton signed the law allowing the US to use nuclear weapons in a first strike against non-national entities. The only country to have such a ridiculous policy to date is America.

Clinton authorised NATO intervention in the Balkan wars.

Clinton continued the invisible war (1991-2003) against Iraq started by Bush senior and laid the groundwork for the US invasion in 2003.

A majority of Democrats and Democrat legislators supported the 2003 invasion of Iraq.

Barack Obama intervened in the Libyan insurgency and plunged the country into total chaos.

Obama supports Syrian Jihadists with weapons, advisers and direct intervention in full knowledge such support will be used against Govetnment forces, prolonging the brutal war there.

Many Democrats favour intervention directly against Syria, including Hillary Clinton.

What were you saying about being anti-war? If you're anti-war you should probably find a new party. Bernie only used it to increase his national coverage.
edit on -060009am1kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
They don't need a proof. They are happy when enough foreign operatives and double agents tell them stories.
Two independent sources and it's moderate or vice versa.
When pushed by current government to act in a certain way they will. CIA was never just intelligence agency.
The problem rises when it's full of "someone's" people. It starts pushing on politics and public.
What if they had a proof or fabricated one? Nothing. It's not of their business to make political decisions or create public response.
This angle should be seen, described and treated in a few weeks by president-elect. I'd say it will be fine-tuned rather than fixed though. Just wait, it will be like late Christmass present.

The world had a word to say obviously. Russia was fighting for their self-preservation and self-determination for last 24 years. You can blame them only for keeping it relatively civil and clever if anything. In the meantime they have grown up while we were in decline.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Low Information Democrats will use this report as absolute proof that Trump shouldn't be president and we need a nuclear war with Russia

This is ridiculous since democrats tend to be more educated than Republicans, don't support wars, and are especially against using nuclear weapons at any cost.

Yep. Obama and Democrats really hate war.

The U.S. dropped 26,171 bombs last year, 3,027 more than 2015.

WWI was started by Woodrow Wilson.

WWII was started by FDR.

I can see how Democrats really hate war.

Harry Truman dropped the atomic bombs. I can really see how the Democrats hate using nukes too.

Please tell me again about this fabulous education Democrats tend to have. You seem to be missing some crucial history facts, for example. Also, Wilson was the first true progressive so you can't even make that excuse.
edit on 8-1-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Thanks OP, I read your post on another thread this morning and read the report.

S&F on this thread because it points to the main concern many Americans have, not that the Russians did this because there isn't enough information in the report that concludes what is being promoted.

The concern for me is the added support this report shows me, that many have opened their eyes to and that is the fact that all our adversaries are not external to the US or its allies.

We have such corruption within all areas of our own organizations, be it politics, government or intel agencies. It's sad brcaud we can't trust our own agencies and news outlets for truth.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
All hail Russia!

Why are we a country then?

Our country is finished if we believe Russia more than the system we pay for.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: banjobrain
All hail Russia!

Why are we a country then?

Our country is finished if we believe Russia more than the system we pay for.

I don't believe what Russia tells us, that would be foolish.

I just don't believe what our government says either.
edit on 1/8/2017 by pale5218 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join