It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone actually bothered to read the IC Russian 'Hacking' Assessment?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: loam

Don't be absurd.
Almost everyone is sure it was the Russians. Including Lord trump.
There are some diehards but there always are

And???

AT WORST, Russia exposed ACTUAL TRUTHS regarding DNC and HRC slimeball tactics not to mention criminality.

Dont you think thats important for voters to know regardless of how they find out?

THATS the important part. Theyre pissed they couldnt conceil their bebauchery.

We should be THANKING Russia for this.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

It'll only get worse.

job markets will continue to constrict, and a "labor party" is dead in the water without massive paradigm shifts in what we call "economy".

I think a final nail will be the incompatibility with what we call "conservatism" with a world that has no labor, and throngs of hungry people.

This world will have to reinvent itself, or tear itself apart. We'll see which happens....but im bettering on the former. Humans are still a resilient bunch.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: dreamingawake

It'll only get worse.

job markets will continue to constrict, and a "labor party" is dead in the water without massive paradigm shifts in what we call "economy".

I think a final nail will be the incompatibility with what we call "conservatism" with a world that has no labor, and throngs of hungry people.

This world will have to reinvent itself, or tear itself apart. We'll see which happens....but im bettering on the former. Humans are still a resilient bunch.

Exactly. And it's a long way off from being great anytime soon IMO.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Has anyone actually bothered to read the IC Russian 'Hacking" Assessment?

No, given the slop the FBI, CIA and NSA have previously been involved in, I'm pickin' it will read something along the lines of the proof they had of Saddams mobile chemical weapons plants.

ZERO PROOF, but plenty of agenda.

I whole heartedly agree

...and the funny thing is, if this was actually an objective document, it would contain objective evidence.
It's laughable to attempt to say this kind of thing, then follow it up with statements to the effect of "we've got more where this came from - but we can't show the public - but trust us..."

I could recruit a child hacker from most countries on this planet that could provide a better level of "evidence" than this report and that should really make people question this level of "evidence"...

...it's mind numbing how vague this evidence is.

I'll list a single example - there are comments about the TCP/IP address(es) relating to known hackers or the russians or whatever, yet American courts do NOT accept IP addresses as a valid form of evidence when it comes to copyright infringement cases...

...think about that for bit...

...and regarding the keyboards being used and language references... are you f#$king kidding me???? - I can fake those in a couple of minutes...

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Cheers for this. Excellent information, it has only seen brief news time over here as it's not really our news.

Just as i thought though, a bit of "he said, she said."

Hopefully, thay bury it now and y'all can get on with it.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Good thread, starred and flagged.

BTW, has anyone seen some of the previous "reports" that "CrowdStrike" has given such as the one from 2014?

Link

Yet "CrowdStrike" failed to publish any technical reports.

Not to mention the fact that cybersecurity firms don't have a magical "carbon dating" program which can identify the origins or age of their discoveries.

Not to mention that cybersecurity firms tend the change the names of hackers, making it hard for regular people to distinguish old attacks, or new ones.

Not to mention the fact that they rely on circumstancial evidence, and they exaggerate their reports "to make a living".

BTW, this thread ties in with the thread made by ATS member sad_eyed_lady's thread:
DNC ‘Russian Hacking’ Conclusion Comes from Google-Linked Firm

edit on 8-1-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct link and add comment.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Oh, and watch this one...

Russian Cyber Attacks in the United States WillIntensify
June 15, 2016
Russian intelligence hacked the Democratic National Committee’s network, says Atlantic Council’s Dmitri Alperovitch
Russian intelligence services hacked the Democratic National Committee’s computer network and accessed opposition research on Donald Trump, according to the Atlantic Council’s Dmitri Alperovitch.

Two Russian groups—codenamed FancyBear and CozyBear—have been identified as spearheading the DNC breach.

“We have a very high-level of confidence that these are Russian intelligence services—both of them. We have a medium-level of confidence that FancyBear is GRU,” said Alperovitch, a senior fellow with the Council’s Cyber Statecraft Initiative, referring to Russia’s military intelligence agency.

www.atlanticcouncil.org...

Like it has been said, these cybersecurity firms rely on a lot of "circumstantial evidence"... Not to mention making exaggerations to make a living, and the influence of their benefactors (those who fund them) who want certain targets to be blamed to further their globalist goals.

edit on 8-1-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   
so the dnc was supposedly hacked WHY IS THERE A GOV THREAT ASSESSMENT REQUIRED?
they are not a gov agency there is not supposed to be any classified data there.
they have not given acess to the hacked servers to fbi computer forensics team they hired so it people to check it .
WHY IS IT BECAUSE THEY DON'T WANT FBI TO SEE ACTUALLY WHAT THE CONTENT OF THOSE EMAILS WERE ON GROUNDS THAT IT WOULD LEAD TO SOMEONES ARREST FOR CRIMINAL ACTIVITY . AS I HAVE HEARD IT THEY HAVEN'T DENIED WHAT IS IN THESE EMAILS . THEY JUST SAY THEY WERE STOLEN.
truly why is this news no voting machines were hacked so what is the problem here.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Is sarin a FU##ING WMD genius?
LET ME help, YES it is, I'm sick from some myself,I WAS in Iraq.
DUH.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: desert

Thank you.
There's a lot to read.
I'm halfway through on page 13.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Really...I'm reading it now. It sure seems like the Russians hacked the US to influence our elections and that they will do this again and again possibly influencing elections in our allied states to install pro Russian leaders within those states.
Boy I don't know about you but that scares the # out of me.
Look beyond what they just did and see the future.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

So you really think this is all fiction?

Ya know, there's really no sense in carrying on any discussion at this point is there?
I'm going to finish that report but I won't be back here to discuss it.
I'm out of my league here.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Better tell your political leaders to stop doing despicable things that they feel the need to keep secret then.

Then the Russians won't have anything to reveal about anyone.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Thanks for this. I also made a thread here and am surprised at how many on here don't think this report is pure propaganda, disappointing given the nature of this site. I was actually accused of spreading Russian propaganda by posting this report and calling it propaganda.
Insane.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I wondered why they would use CrowdStrike when the NSA can tell them more than CrowdStrike could. It can'tbe for purposes of having an independent investigation because CrowdStrike is affiliated with the government...

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
The only worthwhile bit in the whole report is the official confirmation that all of the emails are legitimate.

None were forged or fake.

All the scandals and scheming exposed in the emails is true.

DNC Chair Donna Brazile, who claimed the emails were doctored, is a big fat liar. Confirmed.

indeed. Excellent piece of confirmation.

Thanks for that.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I read it and agree with what Rachael Maddow said. You deniers live in a different world and REFUSE to accept the fact that Putin had an agenda against Clinton over a grudge. Regardless, right wingers are hook, line, and sinker to the Russian ploy and you are all getting played by Putin. What this boils down to is that Putin had a massively successful Psy-Ops campaign against and you right wingers just ate it up and are asking for more.

www.msnbc.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

...or you left-wingers have a confirmation bias so strong that you refuse to acknowledge it because you hate Trump so badly and can't wrap your head around how he might have legitimately won the presidency. So you point to the Russians, who have consistently been our adversary since the end of the last world war and have always been spying, hacking and spewing propaganda against us, which no one was largely hyperventilating about until it became potentially useful to explain how the left must have lost in the last election.

You're right. Many on the right do live in a different world...the real world.

edit on 8-1-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   
With the release of the report, it is now abundantly clear that there is no evidence at all linking wikileaks to Russia, and no evidence at all that the election result was influenced in any way. In that sense, the report is useful to clear up these claims once and for all.

However, it was always the case that the MSM and Democrats were going to continue pushing a narrative. No surprise there at all.

One thing that does get proven by the report is just how poor the current administration has been at performing it's role to keep Americans safe. Obama has literally been asleep at the wheel since the day he took office.
edit on 8/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
I read it and agree with what Rachael Maddow said. You deniers live in a different world and REFUSE to accept the fact that Putin had an agenda against Clinton over a grudge. Regardless, right wingers are hook, line, and sinker to the Russian ploy and you are all getting played by Putin. What this boils down to is that Putin had a massively successful Psy-Ops campaign against and you right wingers just ate it up and are asking for more.

www.msnbc.com...

Of course Putin had an agenda against Clinton. In an otherwise dubious career, this might be his only redeeming quality. No doubt Russia hacked the US and has been doing so for years. However, those claims are not really in dispute.

The evidence lacking is any link between Russia and wikileaks. It's also clear from the report that there is no evidence the election was actually influenced.

Liberals seem to fall into two camps on this - those too dumb to understand the difference between hacking and the election itself, and those who know full well the difference, but are pushing an agenda.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join