It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone actually bothered to read the IC Russian 'Hacking' Assessment?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: loam

Don't be absurd.
Almost everyone is sure it was the Russians. Including Lord trump.
There are some diehards but there always are

That hacked the DNC?

I don't think i care to dispute that, because its believable.

What I take from it, however, isn't that our nation was under attack. Because the DNC is an organization, not the government. And the election itself wasn't hacked, only the DNC. The result: emails showing the illegal and/or immoral behavior of the DNC leadership were leaked to the public.

As a nation we really can't do much beyond wage stupid war over this as it relates to the hackers. But we CAN take action on the information gathered from the release of the emails.

Russia is the red herring. The diversion.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
This thread ought to be a 'sticky' so we can refer every anti-Trumper that wants to blame Russia to the facts. ATS should have some sort of accountability metric, beyond stars and flags, to show who has been caught making up lies amidst the facts that exist. I could name about four ATS users (but won't!) that push the anti-Trump narrative and straight IGNORE the truth. They should be Scarlet Lettered.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Tardacus

after admitting that it is unlikely that they would actually be able to find or see any direct evidence of a hack, 4 months later they say this:

That's a nope. That was a bulls# "rumor" (or out and out lie) Bret Baier tried to push election week. Picked up by the likes of Jim Hoft (The Gateway Pundit), IWB and Pamela Gellar. Baier's likely sources were Giuliani and Kallstrom. He walked back part of the same report within 24 hours. He didn't bother to clean up the rest of his mess.

What did the Daily Koz have to say about it?

Too soon?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

The technical part of that report is basically a cut and paste of a virus definition, and some gibberish about xp era trojans and exploits that any self respecting firewall would automatically block. Worst of all, it indicates that in order for the exploits to be effective, the recipient of the emails had to click through multiple levels of warnings and willingly leave safe mode in order for the macro to begin editing. If that is the best the dnc can do, they deserve to get hacked. And, more importantly, if that is the best the Russians can do, they deserve to get caught. But the truth is, this was such an amateurish hack of an overly approachable system there is virtually no way anyone with a shred of credibility could call it a state sponsored attack.
edit on 7-1-2017 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The report has Russian intelligence "gain[ing] access" to the DNC networks in July 2015 and "maintained that access until at least June 2016". One year of access. I always thought it was strange that the "illegal and/or immoral behavior" of the RNC was never brought up. The report said that "Republican-affiliated" were targets, but no "comparable disclosure campaign". Of course, the GOP hacking wasn't into anything that could produce a "comparable disclosure campaign".

Politics is nasty business, and the GOP have been masters at it for decades. No one should believe that the GOP are somehow above the fray. Opposition research is a dirty game in politics. I'm quite sure the GOP also had their hands full with their constellation of candidates. Rance Priebus ultimately got his reward in the Trump administration.... that's politics.

What I object to with Russia is the fact that they would meddle in the election (which is how we get our government!), and they did. The report also mentioned another time when they recruited a Dem activist to provide info on Jimmy Carter campaign. Putin knows this crap happens, he does want a better US relation, and he hated Hillary, but now we are stuck with someone who Putin knows will go beyond "trust but verify" to kissing his Kremlin keister. What is good for Putin may not be good for America.

Yes, they meddled, but IMO they didn't have to work that hard. We had primed the pump ourselves. It may end up being Nikita was right when he said the USSR would bury us.

Wage war with Russia over this? That's absurd for anyone to say.
edit on 7-1-2017 by desert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I do not have to say to this thread other than this...

Look at the situation with an open mind.

The number 1 question would be to look at who benefited the most from the results of the hacking.

No matter how I slice it and dice it, Israel is the very first culprit that comes to my mind.

They have a very sophisticated elite group of hackers that are extremely good at what they do.

My two cents.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: chadderson

The saddest part is the 'Russians hacking the election' narrative is so thorough, even people on the right are failing to challenge it. To my knowledge, FOX hasn't mentioned most, if any, of the information found in this thread.

Until I read the assessment for myself, I also had bought into some of the worst expectations about what was in it.

People are just accepting the conclusions being pushed, because how blatantly wrong could it possibly be?

What a freakin' joke.

Like I said, the whole report reads like a bad ATS thread in Skunk Works.

edit on 7-1-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Thank you for taking the time to read the report and to make this thread. Nowhere on the internet have I seen such an informative breakdown of the IC report.

Sadly, most reporters are not journalists.

You should submit it to an alt media site. Zerohedge might make room for another Tyler Durden.

fortune.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Has anyone actually read it? You're joking? Tons of people have read it. Yes we also thought it's ridiculous as well.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
The entire IC Report reads like a poorly crafted ATS thread.

This, this was so good.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I read it. It was poorly written and supported.

I expected a lot more..

Very interesting.

Wah Russia RT tried to sway the election, did hack the DNC and tried to make Hillary look bad.

"It's an act of WAR!" (McCain)

On the basis of THIS they took all these actions against Russia while trying to "weaponize" the whole thing to malign Trump..

Wrong move.

What struck me reading it, is that I didn't expect it to read at a low college educated level at best, that was strange.

So this is their last best hope against Trump's election...

Everything they've thrown up in the air, including this, has fallen flat.

I expected more.

It was pathetic.

edit on 7-1-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

The more I think about it, the more disturbed I become.

Nearly all pretense is being dropped by the left, the government and by the MSM.

We are in a world of trouble, imo.

Spooky times.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

P.S. Best OP new report and analysis, EVER! S&F (squared)

That's about it. Doesn't take long to read.

You're not lying.

It was garbage!

Crazy!

What's the world coming to?!

Some report.

The MSM, they're absurd.

Here's the long and the short of it, this report and the MSM's breathless reporting of it.

Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert
I always thought it was strange that the "illegal and/or immoral behavior" of the RNC was never brought up.

Thats what makes the Seth Rich angle suspicious.

It seems logical to me that the leaks were meant to expose the fix against Sanders, and a handful of other contentious points (along with painting everyone as petty and malevolent). The motive for this would seem most likely to come from the inside of the DNC.

Im sure Russia tries to hack anything it can to gain some intelligence on the US and the rest of the world. Im sure every one does, and would be stupefied if they didn't. So it seems kinda like "it goes without saying" that Russia has access to a few sensitive organizations.

It still remains that the only thing prosecutable here is the crimes exposed in the leaked emails, and potentially the murder of seth rich.

Politics is nasty business, and the GOP have been masters at it for decades. No one should believe that the GOP are somehow above the fray. Opposition research is a dirty game in politics. I'm quite sure the GOP also had their hands full with their constellation of candidates. Rance Priebus ultimately got his reward in the Trump administration.... that's politics.

Im uninterested in discussing the GOP, as that has nothing to do with this topic. I reserve plenty of contempt for them, and im sure they'll have their day.

What I object to with Russia is the fact that they would meddle in the election (which is how we get our government!), and they did. The report also mentioned another time when they recruited a Dem activist to provide info on Jimmy Carter campaign. Putin knows this crap happens, he does want a better US relation, and he hated Hillary, but now we are stuck with someone who Putin knows will go beyond "trust but verify" to kissing his Kremlin keister. What is good for Putin may not be good for America.

Yes, they meddled, but IMO they didn't have to work that hard. We had primed the pump ourselves. It may end up being Nikita was right when he said the USSR would bury us.

Wage war with Russia over this? That's absurd for anyone to say.

There is no proof they meddled. And so what if they did? If its "meddling" to expose lies and criminal actions, then I think "meddling" is fantastic. I wish people would meddle a lot more in between election cycles. Maybe we could meddle, too (instead of just controlling it).

Speaking of which, have you heard how much the US has meddled in other elections? Hell, we created an entire culture doing it:

newrepublic.com...

At its height in the ’50s and ’60s, the CCF sponsored sophisticated, cosmopolitan magazines such as Preuves in France, Hiwar in Egypt, Quest in India, Mundo Nuevo in Spain and Latin America, and Encounter in London. Mundo Nuevo was especially influential, publishing leftist writers of the generation of the “boom” in Latin American letters (like Carlos Fuentes and Gabriel García Márquez) alongside international authors like Susan Sontag and Harold Pinter. Still, the CIA felt free to nix articles and exercise prior review. “Brand America’s sales team,” writes Whitney, “thought little of fostering cultural freedom through routine acts of censorship.”

If you want my true opinion: the CIA and KGB worked together to promote an agenda. Each used their own brands of propaganda to keep walking the world forward. Left, right, left, right, action, response...

Charlotte iserbyte claimed that Reagan had struck a deal with the Russians to amend educational standards and reduce overall aptitude among both populations.

You, me, and everyone here was made dumb on purpose so we wouldn't be able to sort through what the facts are well enough to be "informed". Its so bad, that in 2017 a nation that had "caveat emptor" as a cornerstone wants to curtail its first amendment to cover for a complete absence of caveat emptor wen it comes to media. Insanity.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Great reply.

Yes, yes, and yes.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

It still remains that the only thing prosecutable here is the crimes exposed in the leaked emails, and potentially the murder of seth rich.

Fruit of the poisonous tree is a legal metaphor in the United States used to describe evidence that is obtained illegally. The logic of the terminology is that if the source (the "tree") of the evidence or evidence itself is tainted, then anything gained (the "fruit") from it is tainted as well.

I don't know who on ATS said this, but the whole outrage from the political elite over these leaks, is due to the revealing of the inner workings of the corrupt system. That is unforgivable.

The leaks won't go anywhere in terms of legal action, due to the nature of how they were obtained.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

The more I think about it, the more disturbed I become.

Nearly all pretense is being dropped by the left, the government and by the MSM.

We are in a world of trouble, imo.

Spooky times.

Yeah, really. More good analysis. We think alike.

You have great instincts.

You should start writing for an independent news media company, imho.

Great reporting.

It's creepy isn't it, along with the grade 12 level language skills, at best.

And through all of this, they've all betrayed their every position and motivation, and their allegiances and alliances, networks, the whole lay of the entire battlefield, laid wide open to Bannon like a conquering warrior.

They've lost their grip on reality and are desperate, clearly.

You and I can't be the only people who've read it and are fast coming to these conclusions.

Who's the new head of the FBI? Has that been determined yet?

I don't think Trump owes Comey any more favors now.

I sure wonder about ongoing investigations though, with all the data on Huma-Weiner's laptop..

Something very strange is going on behind the scenes.

I think the Florida shooter thing was a message to Trump, which means they've really lost it big time huge, or "big league".

Crazy times..

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

Simply exposing the corrupt inner mechanations of the party won't work. LIke i said: dumbed down on purpose. Politics is no longer about weighing options and making a choice. I mean, maybe for some (the "swing voters" who actually think about things instead of cling to partisanship).

Partisanship IS identity.

news.usc.edu...

When political beliefs are challenged, a person’s brain becomes active in areas that govern personal identity and emotional responses to threats, USC researchers find

I hate to denigrate anyone, but this is why I pity people who are obviously partisan. Because they no longer actually consider the policies of their chosen party. Their politics resides in the same place as their personal identity. And it becomes a battle to retain their ego.

Blessed be the person who can fight cognitive dissonance and win, even if only occasionally.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Meanwhile, in Russia

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Most familiar with Russia know it's very conservative leaning, why else would they side with Trump over Hillary-besides the obvious she was seeking war(and the said claims that Trump is easily malleable to Putin). I know people don't want to acknowledge this for their own leanings but Russia(and Russians I have spoken with) has a point, the US wasn't effected by a dictator leader for example, so Americans are more complacent in not believing that the government can be corrupt.

Plus, Look at Brexit, people are moving away from the whole Progressive ideal in politics. PS. I'm not partisan, this is a non partisan view.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join