It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Has anyone actually bothered to read the IC Russian 'Hacking' Assessment?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+86 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

You can read it here: Background to “Assessing Russian Activities and Intentions in Recent US Elections”: The Analytic Process and Cyber
Incident Attribution

So it begins with the following disclaimer:

“Assessing Russian Activities and Intentions in Recent US Elections” is a declassified version of a highly classified assessment that has been provided to the President and to recipients approved by the President.

> The Intelligence Community rarely can publicly reveal the full extent of its knowledge or the precise bases for its assessments, as the release of such information would reveal sensitive sources or methods and imperil the ability to collect critical foreign intelligence in the future.

> Thus, while the conclusions in the report are all reflected in the classified assessment, the declassified report does not and cannot include the full supporting information, including specific intelligence and sources and methods.

So in other words, just like one's belief in GOD, you just need to have FAITH in the report's conclusions.

Ok. Maybe the report still provides enough hard hitting 'unclassified' information to be persuasive...

But first, let's start with what the reports says it did NOT do:

We did not make an assessment of the impact that Russian activities had on the outcome of the 2016 election.

Let's see which intelligence agencies were involved in the assessment:

This report includes an analytic assessment drafted and coordinated among The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and The National Security Agency (NSA), which draws on intelligence information collected and disseminated by those three agencies.

OK. Three of them.

Now let's look at their first and primary KEY JUDGEMENT:

We also assess Putin and the Russian Government aspired to help President-elect Trump’s election chances when possible by discrediting Secretary Clinton and publicly contrasting her unfavorably to him.

All three agencies agree with this judgment.

But then it continues with:

CIA and FBI have high confidence in this judgment; NSA has moderate confidence.

So what does high and moderate confidence mean?

Well, it turns out the report tells us in an Appendix to the Report:

So the HIGH Confidence the FBI and CIA have in their primary and most important judgment by their own words does not imply the assessment is a fact or a certainty; such judgments might be wrong.

And the definition for the NSA's MODERATE Confidence is the information is credibly sourced and plausible but NOT of sufficient quality or corroborated sufficiently to warrant a higher level of confidence.

This doesn't sound like anything I've seen explained by the MSM.

Moreover, in the following article: I s That All There Is? Intel Community Releases Its Russia 'Hacking' Report

According to the report, the Russians conducted "cyber operations" against both major US political parties, used the Romanian hacker known as Guccifer 2.0, who they claim is "likely" Russian, "maintained access" to local electoral boards but "were not involved" in vote tallying, and used Russian state-run media to influence voters to vote for Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton.

The article continues:

The Intelligence Community Assessment does not offer any evidence of Russian hacking of the DNC and thus provides nothing new to back its claims. Rather than explain the means used by the Russians to "hack" the US elections, the Assessment instead devotes most of the report to speculating about possible Russian motives for so doing.

And:

Perhaps most surprising about the report -- and perhaps as a result of the paucity of evidence for the claims of "hacking -- is that a full third of its length is dedicated to quite unsophisticated criticism of the Russian television station RT.

What's the $80-plus billion dollar per year US Intelligence Community's big beef with RT? One of its big complaints is that RT undermined US democracy when it "broadcast, hosted, and advertised third-party candidate debates..." We are to believe that Russia undermined our political system by giving voice to official yet minor US political parties? Democracy is undermined when the democratic process is highlighted?

The Intelligence Community report also blamed two RT programs, "Breaking the Set" and "Truthseeker" for undermining Americans' confidence in US electoral processes. One problem: these programs have not been on television for more than a year.

RT is guilty of undermining US democracy, found the report, because an RT reporter traveled to the Ecuadorian embassy in London to interview Wikileaks editor-in-chief Julian Assange, who has received asylum there since 2012. Presumably this report was prepared before conservative Fox News personality Sean Hannity did the exact same thing this past week...or Hannity is going to have some explaining to do.

The Kremlin funds RT to the tune of $190 million per year, states the report, and its audience keeps growing. The report does not mention that the US government spends vastly more -- $780 million for 2017 -- on its worldwide propaganda effort through the government-funded Broadcasting Board of Governors. Do what we say but not what we do. But then again, as National Intelligence Director James Clapper told the Senate yesterday, pointing out US government hypocrisy is itself indicative of a Russian influence operation in action.

Amazing. Think about that. A third of the report is dedicated to the RT angle and they blame RT TV shows that haven't been on the air for a year or more!!!

See Abby Martin's reaction, the host of Breaking the Set:

Link.

And perhaps most bizarre is the report's inclusion of this HARD HITTING evidence:

In an effort to highlight the alleged "lack of democracy" in the United States, RT broadcast, hosted, and advertised third-party candidate debates and ran reporting supportive of the political agenda of these candidates.

OMG! Giving exposure to third-party candidates is evidence of Russian propaganda!!!

The report also complains about RT's focus and support of Occupy Wall-street, anti-fracking, criticism of US monetary policy and the 'surveillance state'.

The entire IC Report reads like a poorly crafted ATS thread.

But don't take my word for it. Read the original IC Report for yourself.

So what does the report really reveal?

The Russians are biased. Check.
The Russians have advocated for positions already widely held domestically in the US. Check...and so what?

NSA: the report is plausible but NOT of sufficient quality or corroborated sufficiently.

FBI and CIA: the report does NOT imply the assessment is a fact or certainty; such judgments might be wrong.

Deny Ignorance.
edit on 7-1-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

+37 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Has anyone actually bothered to read the IC Russian 'Hacking" Assessment?

No, given the slop the FBI, CIA and NSA have previously been involved in, I'm pickin' it will read something along the lines of the proof they had of Saddams mobile chemical weapons plants.

ZERO PROOF, but plenty of agenda.

+18 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Really boggles the mind of those of us who have the ability of critical thought when our own damn government creates a law that allows them to lie to us?

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I've gotten used to hearing how these people talk, and so I already know they are just using this as an agenda.
It was early on that the FBI I think it was didn't even want to go along with the russian story at all.. And now they are highly confident? Ha... coerced maybe.

+20 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Low Information Democrats will use this report as absolute proof that Trump shouldn't be president and we need a nuclear war with Russia.

It's utter madness.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

OMG! Giving exposure to third-party candidates is evidence of Russian propaganda!!!

The report also complains about RT's focus and support of Occupy Wall-street, anti-fracking, criticism of US monetary policy and the 'surveillance state'.

Is it propaganda when our own news agencies fail to report on issues pertaining to American interests?

These guys assessments should be the same caliber as the salary/benefit package they draw from our purse.
If there's 16+ agencies why are only 3 of them reporting?

Getting paid for doing nothing is the same as stealing, pretty blatant.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Anyone with even half a lick of common sense can see this for what it is.

It's the same force behind Brexit fear.
The same force that spread the words about Saddams WMD's.
The same force that blamed Iraq for 9/11 and blamed Oswald for JFK.
The same force that deleted the London underground cameras when the bombs went off.
The same force that displaced the islanders of Bakini Attol.
The same force that stole the island of Diego Garcia.

They play to their agenda of endless war time and time again - people are suckered in each time. Now we have their preferred class of people - liberals - they can do whatever the hell they want with information and facts, the left simply don't care for them anyway.

This whole hacking fiasco is an absolute joke and will be the final, hopefully, nail in the lid of this PATHETICALLY outdated establishment. What scared me more is the there are SJW's on ATS....... Their propaganda is THAT good!
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

Absolutely 100% agree with you and I never say that!

This is utter, sheer madness and it's driving me nuts! I just can't believe what some people are willing to believe with ZERO, NONE, NO evidence whatsoever on the basis of a three letter agency - who hate them - without question.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor
Low Information Democrats will use this report as absolute proof that Trump shouldn't be president and we need a nuclear war with Russia.

It's utter madness.

I agree!

With that being said, our institutions of higher learning have done nothing more than to teach our youth to hate everything about the freedom they have to be the assholes they are. I have a 17 year old daughter who has been brain washed by our educational system and I shut her ass right down when I question her about the Constitution and the freedoms and liberties it gives her to be the Progressive ass she imitates from those who brain washed her.

Draining the swamp in my opinion will require eliminating those Cultural Marxists who have taken over our educational systems and turned out young people against their own country.

Sedition charges would make me very happy!

edit on 7-1-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

The Kremlin funds RT to the tune of $190 million per year, states the report, and its audience keeps growing. The report does not mention that the US government spends vastly more -- $780 million for 2017 -- on its worldwide propaganda effort through the government-funded Broadcasting Board of Governors. Do what we say but not what we do. But then again, as National Intelligence Director James Clapper told the Senate yesterday, pointing out US government hypocrisy is itself indicative of a Russian influence operation in action.

So is it known how much other money that the kremlin put into their propaganda ?

If these numbers are true the Russians spend about a quarter of the money the U.S do yet have much more effective propaganda ?...Interesting, what other Russian capabilities are 4 times as effective me wonders....

Is it just me or do the intelligence agencies of the U.S seem somewhat bloated and useless, and if they are anything like government run organizations i have dealt with they are likely competing with each other for funding and god knows what else, i would not be surprised if these agencies undermine each other.....

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

So is it known how much other money that the kremlin put into their propaganda ?

If these numbers are true the Russians spend about a quarter of the money the U.S do yet have much more effective propaganda ?...Interesting, what other Russian capabilities are 4 times as effective me wonders....

Is it just me or do the intelligence agencies of the U.S seem somewhat bloated and useless, and if they are anything like government run organizations i have dealt with they are likely competing with each other for funding and god knows what else, i would not be surprised if these agencies undermine each other.....

WORD!

If the government says the cost of something is 2 Billion dollars? You can rest assured 1.5 billion is for the committees and middleman who benefit from the tax payers who slave to fund these money hungry pricks.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

If the government says the cost of something is 2 Billion dollars? You can rest assured 1.5 billion is for the committees and middleman who benefit from the tax payers who slave to fund these money hungry pricks.

I concur

Great isn't it we fund these pricks only to be stabbed in the heart and lied to....

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Can you imagine if Putin decided to turn the heat up and double the amount of money to RT ...I say they should turn up the heat so we can see the peoples behind this crap ,..heads blow up . They are very close so just a few more $$ might just do it .

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

THIS was a wonderful OP and assessment! BRAVO!

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

How about what the leak/ supposed hacks uncovered about Hillarys and the DNCs treachery, hey nice try though...i suppose the easily lead will consider your bull hockey
edit on 7-1-2017 by BlueJacket because: sp

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Thank you. I didn't have a chance to read the actual report until today. But after hearing the MSM and pundit's characterization of all of this, I assumed there would be damning information in it. Instead, it's 'Russians hack all of the time...they hated Hilary...must have loved Trump...so tilted the election in his favor....but we aren't saying that's fact. We're just speculating'.

Wow. Just wow.

+18 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The only worthwhile bit in the whole report is the official confirmation that all of the emails are legitimate.

None were forged or fake.

All the scandals and scheming exposed in the emails is true.

DNC Chair Donna Brazile, who claimed the emails were doctored, is a big fat liar. Confirmed.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

The intelligence communities were just doing their job in response to an order by the Commander-in-chief. There isn't much more to it than that.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
The only worthwhile bit in the whole report is the official confirmation that all of the emails are legitimate.

None were forged or fake.

All the scandals and scheming exposed in the emails is true.

DNC Chair Donna Brazile, who claimed the emails were doctored, is a big fat liar. Confirmed.

Yes. I meant to make that point as well!!!

Thanks for including it!

Disclosures through WikiLeaks did not contain any evident forgeries.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join