It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a conspiracy of silence on HM Queen Elizabeth's health?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: 23432
Five centuries ago, everything had to start again when the monarch died. If there was a parliament in place, it was necessarily dissolved. Crown appointments were cancelled, all the way down to Justice of the Peace (there's a reference to that in Merry Wives of Windsor), and they had to be done afresh. Beginning from Queen Anne's time, the system has been tending more and more towards continuity. E.g. there would be no longer any need for a fresh election.

I would imagine the same would apply to formally required oaths. When it was tendered, the intention of the oath will surely have been "to the Queen and her heirs or successors", even if that last phrase was not explicitly mentioned.
What happened in 1952? If the equivalent oaths were not formally renewed in 1952, there would be no need for it next time either. As long as there was a monarch, an oath made to the monarch would still carry the same moral force.

Thank you for your reply ; you were correct in your statements .

"I, [name] , swear by Almighty God that, on becoming a British citizen, I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, Her Heirs and Successors according to law."

Pledge: "I will give my loyalty to the United Kingdom and respect its rights and freedoms. I will uphold its democratic values. I will observe its laws faithfully and fulfill my duties and obligations as a British citizen."

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Good. I want to see two coronations in my life time.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman
Don't forget that coronations take a long time to prepare, a year or two. Edward VIII (the Duke of Windsor) did not get a coronation at all, because he abdicated first.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

The queen was actually out and about a couple days ago:

One's on the mend! Queen performs first royal engagement since suffering the heavy cold that saw her miss festive church services

According to the article:

The monarch invested Ray Wheaton, the Queen's Page of the Chambers, with the insignia of a Lieutenant of the Royal Victorian Order, according to the court circular. The LVO, which is the Queen's personal gift and is bestowed independently of 10 Downing Street, recognises service to the Royal Family and household.

And just for good measure:

Yesterday she sent a message of condolence to the President of Turkey, following the attack in an Istanbul nightclub on New Year's Day that killed 39 people.

I think she's still got a little vim and vigor left in her!

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

All it took for me to decide about her health was to read the--maybe unverified?--story that she was found by palace security waundering in the garden in the middle of the night. That report may have come form the Daily Mail.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun
I remember noticing that story, but I'm not sure it was a recent event. I think it was a recently disclosed anecdote of something happening further back in the past.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I heard about the award that HM gave the other day, but there were no photos of the ceremony, nor did the reports about this award state when she made the decision to award this honor. It could have been decided on last week or maybe even last month.

Not only that, the Monarch may be unable to attend church tomorrow. We should have a better idea what is going on in the morning. Hopefully she will be able to attend services at Sandringham.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

All it took for me to decide about her health was to read the--maybe unverified?--story that she was found by palace security waundering in the garden in the middle of the night. That report may have come form the Daily Mail.

I heard about this incident too, but it didn't say when it happened. I'd find it easier to understand if HM was walking about the interior of Buckingham Palace at that hour; but outdoors? During cold weather?

I just don't know.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I would say its none of our business nor anyone elses except the Government and only then if her health affects the stability of the country which I doubt it would or does

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
By the sources and amount of data you posted I would imagine no conspiracy. The Royal Family and the media have a 'relationship' whereby the Royals give lots of access in return for more respect of their privacy.

As previously pointed out, they will not give hour by hour updates on her health.

If she were ill, seriously, that which required hospital, she would go to hospital and everyone would be aware of it.

If she were gravely ill, and I hope there are many more years in my Queen, then this too would not be kept from the press.

She will be up and about tomorrow, I am positive.

Long live the Queen.

Also, no one thinks Charles will abdicate, it's not protocol, he won't be pressured or expected to do, it would be unheard of and unfair on his son and heir, who would ever want to be King (or Queen), it's a duty.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

There is more going on than they are letting on, but as a republican, I couldn't care less. I admire her for the duty she has given in the role, but this sort of privilege in today's world has no place.

What privelege exactly?

Working into your 90's?....hell of a privelege!

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
My little Scottish Granny brought such joy and happiness into my life. She didn't have much but hers was a truly rich home, surrounded by her own grandchildren plus a whole street gang's worth of other people's kids, each one of whom she loved unconditionally as her own.

She gave me instruction on how to live my own life simply by virtue of the way she lived hers ... living simply & modestly, not getting into debt, being helpful and serving others, not adopting airs and graces or "forgetting where you come from", quietly disposing of those who brought nothing but trouble and strife.

Instead she surrounded herself with people she loved, no matter their faith, traditions or colour (she'd have said no matter their sexuality either, but being Church of Scotland she wouldn't dare mention anything of a sexual nature to any of us lol).

Granny had a hard life. She'd moved to London before the war to seek a better life, better than that of the Glasgow slums where she'd been brought up.. But the Blitz dashed her hopes. Her home was deatroyed in the bombing. She then spent 5 years moving from one temporary home to another, whikst still working long hours in a factory making radar sets for the RAF. Tragically her husband, the Grandad I never knew, was killed as the British Army liberated Belgium, leaving her to bring up a child herself and in an age when social security wasn't as well developed as it is today. She knew a poverty none of us could even begin to contemplate.

She died aged 83 following a stroke. Most funerals of old folk her age are modestly attended, but that day the funeral parlour was full to the gunnels. That's a measure of how well regarded she was.

She left us with such a treasure trove of happy memories. And I'm so fortunate to have had her in my life. Blessed in fact.

I suppose you're wondering what relevance this has to the Queen and her health. Not much, I guess. It's just I wonder whether we don't all get carried away celebrity, to the extent that we sometimes forget about the great people we have in our own lives.

Perhaps the ones we haven't spoke to for a while, the ones we haven't had the time to call, the ones we forget to send a Christmas card to, the ones we should visit and haven't. The ones we never seem to have the time for, although we all seem to find the time to read and post about celebrities, famous old Queens included.

I guess I'm saying we need to put the Queen's health into perspective. Most here wish her well and hope she and her husband are granted another few years yet. I include myself in that.

But their deaths won't mean anything to me, as mine won't mean to anyone here reading this today. I won't become misty eyed or weep and wail when the announcements come over on BBC to say the Queen is dead.. I won't start laying flowers at Palace gates or sign condolence books for people I've never met.

Instead I'll go take flowers to a friend or family member, someone I should've visited more regularly than I have done. To make the simple point that they mean more to me than anyone else.

This is a long, late night indulgent post. Forgive me. I don't mean to derail. But my Granny deserves a few paragraphs of her own.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune
a reply to: Boadicea

I heard about the award that HM gave the other day, but there were no photos of the ceremony, nor did the reports about this award state when she made the decision to award this honor. It could have been decided on last week or maybe even last month.

Gosh darn them! I went back to the article to see what I misread... I hate when I do that

When I read "presented" I took that to mean she personally presented the award to him; but that was my own presumption.

Not only that, the Monarch may be unable to attend church tomorrow. We should have a better idea what is going on in the morning. Hopefully she will be able to attend services at Sandringham.

I'll be watching then. I had been worried about her and was so very relieved when I saw that she "presented" the award; now I'm worried again.

Thanks for posting -- and showing me the error of my ways!

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TheShippingForecast

Your grandmother sounded like an awesome woman!

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: intrptr
By law (Act of Settlement 1701), she would be succeeded instantly by the next in line, which is Charles.

Keeping it in the family.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   

they most certainly would be mute on that and many other issues relating to the queen because these sorts of bumb's along the way in the royal family are not good for the family or for the punters to know about. They only need to know about the important things.

If they start talking about the queens health you can be certain they are training the public up to the fact that shes dying.

Think about it, they cannot say nothing when they know shes dying because the punter would ask "hang on, they must have known she/he as sick before he she died so why didn't they tell us?" This is line of thinking is not good for the powers that be because the punters would realise they only get told what the powers that be want them to know.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Has anyone ever seen a video of Queen Elizabeth LAUGHING? We've all seen her (somewhat) warm smile.. but an actual LAUGH must occur only in private...if at all.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
She isn't often filmed in situations of "friendly chat", which is what would be needed. When they are let loose among members of the public, they move too quickly from one person to another to allow time for anecdotes and jokes.
She would laugh amongst old friends, and our best chance of catching a glimpse of that would probably be in news footage of the opening of a Commonwealth Conference.

There was an infamous leaked video of David Cameron tellng her that two or three of the most corrupt countries in the world, namely X and Y, were going to be represented at a conference on corruption; I can't remember if that made her laugh.

edit on 8-1-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Argyll
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

There is more going on than they are letting on, but as a republican, I couldn't care less. I admire her for the duty she has given in the role, but this sort of privilege in today's world has no place.

What privelege exactly?

Working into your 90's?....hell of a privelege!

What privilege? Are you Trolling me?

Working into.her 90's? She's not exactly working is she? We are sold how hard working they are, but the millions they receive off the back of us tax payers per annum is sickening.

She has lived an opulent lifestyle, all paid for by us. She doesn't have to wait a few weeks to see a Doctor, she doesn't have to attend food banks, she doesn't even have to pay for maintenance on her house.
edit on 8/1/17 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Queenie attended chuch today.

www.bbc.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join