It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life in Biblical Times was Hard

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: destination now

For instance antibiotics dont just stop the objective infection, they also kill beneficial microbes which in turn keep the gut lining integral. Byusing a specific anti septic you dont in turn cause cytokine cascades and the host of long term chronic ailments associated with the over use of anti biotics.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I agree, living with a chronic illness (lupus), I have had more than my share of anti biotics to treat skin infections over the years, which leads many other issues, same with steroids, they've treated my condition effectively many times, but in turn have caused many other issues, in fact just had a cataract removed that was caused by steroid use, and after the op, got an inflammatory response in my eye, which ironically they have then had to treat with steroids...can't win, but I would far rather use these medicines than not, or else I probably wouldn't be here now

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: rickymouse

Sure thing mate. Lomatium root tinctured in Brandy and Lobelia whole plant at a 1:10 dillution which is hugely important.
about .5 cc of Lomatium 1:4 and around 7 drops of Lobelia. Ive used this combination for years, decades actually, never fails...I add Osha for Pneumonia and Bronchitis, however it can bring a headach on so I add peppermint as a diaphoretic to releive the head bit and mints are mildly to highly anti viral depending on species IE Lemon Balm is highly and something I will use over peppermint in some cases.

So, Lomatium is related to carrots and celery. Lobelia could be Indian Tobacco, which has many good medical properties. The chinese one has similar properties as celery too. Those have a couple of good antiviral and anticancer chemistries.

I like to find properties I can find in nature, Indian tobacco actually grows around here and a person can grow celery or even find wild celery. Wild celery or carrot are kind of dangerous if you do not know how to use them but then again medicine can be dangerous if not taken right. Thanks for the info, I see that both of these can be purchased from various sources.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: CB328

Interestingly enough, the US life expectancy dropped for the first time in quite awhile recently... after the enactment of Obamacre.

That's because more people start going to the doctor and were prescribed medicines that they were intolerant metabolically to. The side effects of some meds like statins and some medicines to reduce blood pressure can cause a person to be more susceptable to sicknesses they would have immunity to. Anticholinerogenic meds of many types can also raise a person's risk of dementia type illnesses. There are many meds in this class, many entry level drugs have this property.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Lomatium as poison hemlock are in the carrot family...PLEASE excercise caution wild harvestingvthis family if you are not an expert.

Im not being lofty here ... the carrot family is highly poisonous and the non poisonous species require great knowledge to differentiate from the poisonous in the wild....please be careful...you can die

Also Lomatium does not grow east of the rockies. Be careful I cannot underscore this enough.. i have traded, developed products and cultivated many of the medicinal plants for near 25 years...i am still leary of Lomatium. Wild carrot IS NOT Lomatium...:
edit on 7-1-2017 by BlueJacket because: Eta

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I can't even fathom how you turned a piece about hard living in ancient times into a hit piece on religion and Trump....

You have a serious vendetta , and that's coming from someone who really really dislikes Trump

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

A plain old carrot and also celery do have some of that chemistry and are safe for most people. I examine the chemistry and how the chemistry work. Just making chicken soup with celery and carrots does supply some of the chemistry and it is heat stable up to a couple of hundred degrees.

I know the properties of the wild carrot and other problematic weeds out there. I studied them pretty much to find the good and bad about the local things in nature. The wild tobacco has some problematic chemistry too. I would rather have tobacco myself, it donates nitric oxide in it's gases. For those who do not smoke, the smoke can cause a dieoff in their airways of microbes and this can lead to some bad responses from the smoke. They fail to tell people that tobacco smokers don't have microbes in their airways but people who don't smoke do.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Noticed that too, what a very weird composition that was ! I wonder as age expectancy was not very good untill history hit to era of penisillin and knowing that fact is a basics in history.. Where did this come from ???
Not sure maybe OP is just so young and was i sick leave when this issue were as a topic at school.. or just a " racial " argument to diminishing the opponent . I have seen this often by OP

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Fair enough. I appreciate another enthusiast. Lobelia inflata has issues too as you said. It can cause paralysis if emesis is not successful giving the standard 1:4 strength. This is where the 1:10 dillution evolved from, good raw material may still cause emesis ecen at that dillution so be warned.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I actually have good luck fighting viruses with strawberries or special soup made with a whole chicken. both usually knocks out any flu symptoms in a day. The strawberries can be freezer jam or just a strawberry shortcake. I freeze berries picked locally every year. The soup has to be made with at least the chicken dark meat quarters, it is something in the cartilage that helps fight the flu. The soup will gel up if created right and the soup always needs to have veggies in it to work, especially celery and cabbage. The end result broth has never been heated over two hundred and five degrees, the boiling point drops if made right. The idea is to create NAC in the soup. It requires a little hot pepper or tabasco sauce in it and of course something aged to help boost antigen production, a little soy sauce and a little white whine.

I have been perfecting the soup for years. Celery has aspigin in it. en.wikipedia.org... I noticed one of the chemicals in the root you talked about also contained aspigen and it does help to fight viruses

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Fascinating! I eould enjoy speaking with you further on your studies.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

It was my wife's birthday yesterday so there was pizza for lunch, homemade cake, homemade rice pudding, and lots of spaghetti and garlic bread for supper. The daughter and granddaughter and their boyfriends were over. My eyes would not stop blinking every second for about an hour. It effected my ability to talk and see a bit too. I was going to make some soup in the morning but the granddaughter and my wife were busy in the kitchen most of the time.

I control my temporal lobe epilepsy with diet and my wife can't quite comprehend that if I eat all the food she likes I will get seizure activity. She seems to consider it an insult if I do not eat what she cooks. I have to eat certain foods to control it and avoid high tyramine or high tyramine type foods. Pizza, spaghetti, and sweets have lots of tyramine like chemistry, glutamates and aged are abundant in the stuff she likes. I have a genetic problem with breaking down dopamine, which kind of ups the chance of excess activity in parts of the brain. Couple that with the scarring on the temporal lobe from a car accident and I do not need drugs to get high.

It would be nice if I could use anti-epileptic meds, but they give me all sorts of problems. The problems are because of genetics, five types of meds I tried all gave me major side effects with health. My liver seems better now, but my kidneys took a toll with the meds. My intestines got messed up too from the meds. I actually cannot take half the meds they give out long term, almost any one of them could be tolerated for a day or two though. I may need to go back to the neurologist and get a prescription for one I can take occasionally. I don't have problems except at big family get togethers where there is a diverse selection of food and I do not want to hurt someone's feelings by not eating the food. I do like the foods I cannot eat anymore. One thing I can eat without a problem is pie made with berries like blueberries, blackberries, or cherries. But not apple pie.

I have been controlling my seizures for eight years now, it isn't so fun watching others eat things I cannot eat. It is a good thing I like soups. I have tried Magnesium but that leads to different problems if I use it to control my epilepsy, it is good occasionally though. I took a multimineral pill, a magnesium pill, and a taurine last night and it did end in about half an hour. I am not sure if those actually helped though, there is evidence they do but NAC actually works better than taurine for me. Of course I am out of NAC, soups contain it the way I make them and I did not have any soup. My last soup made with chicken breast bones had no flavor that would hint it had any anti-epileptic activity so I ran three days without anything to control my epilepsy. But it is better today, I made soup and I will be getting my NAC pills back from my daughter.

Strangely, I started creating chemistry that is the basis for the five types of meds used to treat epilepsy and I rotate these chemistries so I do not get the side effects. If I eat only one type of food to control it, I get problems with circulation.

Here is one thing I have discovered. The foods that are said to be super foods and pushed as good for us have calming chemistry or chemistry that makes us less able to think well. They make us believe what we are told and people can't actually comprehend how the evidence has been cherrypicked to show good properties. Anything I have investigated that extends your life seems to have side effects that can lead many people to cancer or promote genetic diseases to be stimulated for many people. I look at as much evidence as I can find, not just what they want us to look at.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

We should make a knowledge sharing thread. I really enjoy talking to you, i may have some info that helps you and certainly you do for me. Well met

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

And btw NAC is the grail in many ways

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

And btw NAC is the grail in many ways

The thing with the supplement NAC is that if you have cancer already, it also helps cancer cells most times. So it is better to take it before you get cancer. N-acetylcysteine helps form the fat within the mitochondria which helps protect a cell. But it also helps cancer cells.

There are so many variables in this field to learn that knowing just a little and thinking that applies to everything is bad.

I try to input what I have researched in threads I visit. I hate starting threads, I would rather comment. I actually like researching things, I have time to do it.

Got to go, my daughter got stung by something in her salt water tank about two weeks ago and it was pretty bad. She got hydrocortazone but now is having some problems with her heart and other things. I told her to go to the doctor when her arm looked like crap, but she called a dermatologist and they said to put the cream on it. She should have gone to the doctor, that creature has something called Palitoxin in it's barbs and there were a lot of marks where she got stung. She knows she should be using gloves in that tank, but she says she doesn't like wearing gloves. Get rid of the tank was my response, it is not wise to have poisonous animals and corals if you don't take precautions.

She has insurance, I don't know why she didn't go in after her arm puffed up. Kids, thirty five years old and still won't listen to reason.

edit on 8-1-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Agreed

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Agreed

I added a little more to that thread.

top topics

<< 1   >>