It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So the long-awaited 'The Russians Did It' report on US election is pure propaganda

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   
This is a long-awaited report. Sadly it tells us not much, other than repeating the tried and tested, xenophobic accusation that "THE RUSSIANS DID IT".

www.dni.gov...

Lets summarise so far.

The report is not really that at all. It is more of a collection of reasons why it was likely the Russians. No other options are considered, and the only recommendation throughout the report is that it was the Russians. The report has been written this way as pure propaganda. It gives us no evidence other than vague accusations based on 'what the Russians have done in the past'. Or what the Russians think about us. It is ludicrous that people accept this as 'proof'. It is a document designed to convince the public and is very sad that newspapers such as the Guardian (UK) are taking it as a serious peice of literature.

The first section is entitled "Assessing Russian Activities and Intentions in Recent US Elections" and goes on to talk about Russia undermining and discrediting Clinton's campaign, while offering no evidence other than the fact that "Russia wanted Trump tp win".

It neglects to mention the negative campaign directed against Trump by US media and others, which is still ongoing and ironically, this report is a part of.

It also likes to stress that the three agencies involved (FBI, CIA and NSA) have high confidence in these accusations towards Russia. But in many points, the NSA is cited as only having moderate confidence. Call me dumb, but the NSA should know above the FBI and CIA, they are the central surveillence and cyber intelligence agency for the US so if they are not 100% sure, then I wouldn't be. I find it a strange clause that the agency tasked to investigate the cyber crimes Russia is accused of is not as sure as the FBI and CIA on these matters. Why?

The report gives little insight into the actual hacks and the leaks to Wikileaks. They don't mention Seth Rich, an alleged whistleblower who worked for DNC and who was then shot dead after the leaks.

They go into more detail about Russia's media outlets, making laughable comparisons to their own brainwashed system of 'news' reporting, citing videos that RT uploaded about Assange. So any news outlet or website who has uploaded videos about Assange is potentially an enemey of the US state, according to this report's logic.

So the fact that the US broadcast an exclusive interview with Assange where he claims the Russians didn't do it, is a bizzare twist in this mystery! If Russia are uploading videos of Assange claiming it wasn't the Russians, it means it was the Russians! But if the US air these videos, its not newsworthy and certainlty not a point to mention in an 'offical' US report that makes dangerous claims against another country.

I could go on and on and on.

We see the propaganda! It is being picked apart, and laughed at.

edit on 7/1/2017 by daftpink because: typos

edit on 7/1/2017 by daftpink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: daftpink

Saying the Russians did it is in no way xenophobic. As for the report, haven't read it yet, will comment when I do.

+23 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

Saying the Russians did it is in no way xenophobic. As for the report, haven't read it yet, will comment when I do.

I'm commenting on the constant negative stereotyping towards the Russians from the West. It IS xenophobic, they are portrayed as the 'baddies' in everything, from blockbuster movies to presidential elections.

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Hurray ! More toilet paper from the u.s government .

+50 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I'd like to know how the Russians forced Hillary to be a corrupt liar and Democrats to collude with CNN to rig debates.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   

I am waiting for the analysts to comment on it, but i suspect that the only new thing is that US intelligence now say that they have further evidence but that they cannot show it to us.

Sort of like the infamous WMD-evidence.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   
How comes the FBI can take so much time and effort reacting to vague hunches when it comes to the Russians but ignore any quite disturbing circumstantial evidence in Pizzagate?

I know why, it's only a rhetorical question.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
This will be part of what defines Obama's legacy. A sore loser who thinks he's more important than the position of the president. He is the first president in my lifetime (starting with Kennedy) who can't let go and will do everything he can to subvert the incoming president.

I can only guess that it is Obama that pushed the agencies to put out this report. I've never seen any single government agency work so fast much less 3 working together. Normally an investigation like this would take many months with a lot more review time.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

There isn't much to analyse. It's written in a basic, easy to understand style. It contains no technical info to analyse.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Hi, Gortex posted this yesterday although you make some really good points. I'm not trying to be a mini-mod, just thought you may like to have a look. One of the posters on that thread said 'high confidence' is a college word that means 'we think' ie it is not a fact. I agree.

Intelligence Report released “Assessing Russian Activities and Intentions in Recent US Elections

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
This will be part of what defines Obama's legacy. A sore loser who thinks he's more important than the position of the president. He is the first president in my lifetime (starting with Kennedy) who can't let go and will do everything he can to subvert the incoming president.

I can only guess that it is Obama that pushed the agencies to put out this report. I've never seen any single government agency work so fast much less 3 working together. Normally an investigation like this would take many months with a lot more review time.

the investigation has taken months, apparently that is one of the things that you do not know took place

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Seems to be enough to change Trump's opinion...

You obvioulsy missed that news?

The cool kids are now conceding that Russia did at least try to influence the election.

Jury is still out if it succeeded or not

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

the investigation has taken months, apparently that is one of the things that you do not know took place

how many months exactly?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Seems to be enough to change Trump's opinion...

You obvioulsy missed that news?

The cool kids are now conceding that Russia did at least try to influence the election.

Jury is still out if it succeeded or not

Russia can't believe it was this easy....Putin is giddy that Trump himself, doesn't even believe his own intelligence agencies...they now have the true Manchurian candidate...they are laughing about all the stupid Americans that bought into Trumps line of BS

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
So much Russian butt kissing, it is absolutely amazing! this very thread IS Russian propaganda

Calling it xenophobia in this case really ignore the fact that Russia and the US have been in militarily imposed opposition for decades.

Calling it xenophobia ignores that the president of Russia was steeped in the KGB, an organization that had a primary directive to oppose the US through propaganda, espionage and all means possible.

Calling is xenophobia ignores that Russia and America have been locked in a resources proxy war in the middle east for several years already.

Calling it xenophobia ignores that Putin has been stating that a major US Russian conflict was all but eminent just a few months ago.

Calling it xenophobia ignores that Russia's success in Syria will make Putin personally more wealthy and will create a game changing stream of resources for Russia.

Calling it is xenophobia ignores that Trump has long standing ties to Russia, the Kremlin and the Russian oligarchy because the Trump organization has a huge portion of their assets in Russia.

The evidence is clear, country first? or candidate first?

I think I see how "conservatives" are aligning

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

that is a load of bully bull if I have ever read it.

Do you really think senator Graham and McCain would get on board with this if it were all Obama's doing?

The US knew it was Osama Bin Laden within TWO HOURS of 9/11 if you go by press statements.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: banjobrain

I'm not a conservative or an American.

Have you read the report or have you just jumped on the word xenophobia and had a wee rant?

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Who are the cool kids and why should I listen to them over my own informed judgement?

Trump's opinion isn't the topic of my post either. It's about blatant propaganda and how we are all being duped.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

how many months exactly?

Obama was made aware about it (the investigation) in june, and a report came out in October

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Its the single point of failure to attack wikileaks with. They cant attack its credibility since the documents can be found to be reliable. They cant attack wikileaks founder because they would have to attack an foriegn nations embassy. So they attack the one thing wikileaks cant release its source. It looks pathetic and with no proof to back up the claims it's blatantly propaganda. I have a feeling a smear campaign is in the works to call trump into question and its failing hard but they will push the false narrative anyway.

I really hate to say this but what if donald trump was right about the birth certificate from obama and thats why hes pushing agaisnt trump so hard this level of bs is past partisan politics.
edit on 7-1-2017 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join