It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why am I not able to view this thread anymore?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I was following this thread but am no longer able to view it. Why?

It still shows up in search. I have posted in it. But when I click the link, it takes me back to the forum.
edit on 1/7/2017 by Blueracer because: Added more detail.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer
It has probably been deleted from the forum. In practice, deletion seems to involve being removed from public view. Search finds the title because the thread still exists, but we don't have access to it.

I once noticed and posted in a thread from the Mod's private forum which had accidentally been made visible. Once it was hastily returned to its rightful place, the title still appeared for me on MyATS, but I could no longer view it.

edit on 7-1-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
It has probably been deleted from the forum. In practice, deletion seems to involve being removed from public view. Search finds the title because the thread still exists, but we don't have access to it.

From my understanding you are correct and the trash bin is a seperate forum that is not available without permission.

If you go to the drop down menu and choose subscriptions it will show the thread and the forum it is in.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Thanks guys. I would like to know WHY it was deleted though.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   
No explanation will be given except to the thread-writer, but if you remember what it said that will help you guess what the problem was. (Too short? Hoax? Offensive? Spam?)

edit on 7-1-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Well I was suspicious of why it was posted. The author had posted similar threads before and it seemed strange to me. It would be nice to have an official explanation instead of having to guess what the reason was for deleting it.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
You can't see it because it's been removed from the boards.

General reminder: You must have permission from the site owners to push your own blog or YouTube channel.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

They only tell the originator of the thread.... And do not discuss reasoning with the general membership.

If youre nice and polite about it... You could possibly get a private general answer from the mods by sending a private message to one or to the o. p. themselves....

MS
edit on 7-1-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

top topics

join