It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Humanitarian crisis' in NHS hospitals, warns Red Cross

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
a reply to: TheWisestCumbrian

They played about with walk in centers for a bit, a lot were underused and now are being used for other services.

We need more hospitals.

I'd like to see more hospitals, but i believe it's the bedriddenincapable but otherwise healthy that are causing the issue. Care in the community/home, appears the answer to me.

It has the advantage of being simpler and provides a nicer environment. No-one wants to stay in the hospital longer than they need.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

You send an article about a worst case scenario in 2021? Wow....

Edit: And call it fact, I'll remember that the next time I watch Terminator
edit on 201717 by tikbalang because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
She works for a private company but she is trying to get on the NHS and hasn't got rid of the idea of going to uni once the little one is in school.

Pity that now Jeremy Hunt has stopped bursaries and free degree. But if she becomes a nursing associate she can then take a shortened nursing degree at uni.

It's a damn shame about people moving to other countries to work though I can't blame them one bit. Weather alone would cement it for me, it shouldn't be a case of they are better off abroad but the sad truth is they are.

Same reason many come here, it's human instinct.

Exactly, human instinct. People emigrate to try to get a better life for themselves and their families.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: RAY1990

With the influx of migrants and real term cuts in funding is there any surprise the NHS is starting to crack.
Mismanagement by successive Tory governments have led us to this in an attempt to sell off a "failing" NHS , they did it to the railways too and look how much better they are now.

Jeremy Hunt is ....

Yeah, Migrants tend to come here and get injured more than natives because...well...that's just what they do..Do you ever stop to think before posting. ? Most Migrants i have seen look a damn sight more healthier than your averege Brit.

Blame the Tories, oh yes... They have been dismantling the NHS bit by bit...Just the same with every other sector they wish to privatise...they starve it of cash to the point it fails.

edit on 7-1-2017 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-1-2017 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TheWisestCumbrian

Many don't care enough I think. I know a few people who have family who could easily provide the services they need but don't so it falls onto the services.

I had a hernia operation a few year back. I would have had to stay in for the night and given morphine if my pain was above 7/10, it was a good 9 but I said it was a 6 maybe 7.

A bit codeine and a taxi home, so yeah. So true.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

The cuts are happening now the planned closures are to follow.
The goal is to privatise the NHS.

Steve Cowan, leader of Hammersmith and Fulham council said: “This is about closing hospitals and getting capital receipts. It’s a cynical rehash of earlier plans. It’s about the breaking up and selling off of the NHS. It will lead to a loss of vital services and will put lives at risk.” He added: “Our job is to protect the NHS and this plan is about dismantling it.”

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

She probably already knows but I'll tell her that later just in case,thanks

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Yeah, Migrants tend to come here and get injured more than natives because...well...that's just they do..Do you ever stop to think before posting. ?

Do you ?
Migrants tend to come from countries with poorer healthcare than we had here , they arrive with pre-existing conditions.
Migrants tend not to be registered with local doctors surgeries so present at A+E with ailments that they feel need treating , this is one of the extra strains being put on the service.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   

The goal is to stop finances running amok

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   

The goal is to privatise the NHS , it's a long held Tory dream.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Is this opinion, assumptions or fact?

If you'd read the post, instead of simply trolling, you'd see it was experience

However, just to clarify, I live in the same area, and its also fact

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Lets do it like this instead, i was at the local gracery store, on a friday at 6pm, i had to stand in line.. I was so shocked.. According to newspapers this store was the most expensive store in the county.. And they couldnt even get one more person to take the cash register..

I saw it with my own eyes, i even had to experience it.. Do you see the subjective narrative in my story? Or does it get lost in the translation?

Only part of what your post did to achieve as fact was;" I live in the same area Nothing else... zero..
So yes, its an opinion.. Nothing more.. The fact.. You live there.. Nothing more.. Dont plus 2+2 and make it into 230021

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   

It is? Or is this an assumption ?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

No.

Lets play it like this.

I live in the same area and have shared the same experience that Phyllida has.

That is not opinion, that is fact

You can try and mess about with the narrative, but obvious troll is obvious.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnb
Hey we could stop spending billions exporting death to the middle east but then the 1% might lose some share value so guess not .

Or stop taking in the middle east and give them welfare and free medical care.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

No, just cause you have another opinion doesn't make a troll of someone else.. how can you share someone else's experience? Vulcan mindmelting?

Share a factoid, not a story and I'll listen.. otherwise it's called assumptions or opinions.. you should learn the difference as a moderator

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

It's what Tories do so no it isn't an assumption.
www.opendemocracy.net...'t-trust-tories-with-nhs

The Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt co-authored a policy pamphlet in 2005 setting out his and Tory members views on the NHS , although he now denies they are his beliefs .... but then he would wouldn't he.

“Our ambition should be to break down the barriers between private and public provision, in effect denationalising the provision of health care in Britain.”
www.independent.co.uk... a6865306.html

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Link didn't work

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Here's the link , just copy and paste.
www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jeremy-hunt-privatise-nhs-tories-privatising-private-insurance-market-replacement-direct-democracy-a6865306.htm l

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

originally posted by: johnb
Hey we could stop spending billions exporting death to the middle east but then the 1% might lose some share value so guess not .

Or stop taking in the middle east and give them welfare and free medical care.

So a bomb them to bits then patch them up in the rubble type of deal....I'm pretty sure they'll appreciate that. What could possibly go wrong.?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join