It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia withdraws aircraft carriers and some warships from Syria

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

A broken show of force that barely made it to the MED

Yah, like the West, projecting military force half way round the world isn't as hi on their agenda.

They wouldn't even be there if they hadn't been invited by the legitimate government in Damascus.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

God knows what's next, the next few month and years are going to be interesting. I fear worse may still come.

I want it to be change (finally) for the better.
Yankee go home, US out of everywhere.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

God knows what's next, the next few month and years are going to be interesting. I fear worse may still come.

Whilst we have leaders filled with pride and an outlook of scoff I fear it will never happen.

One species, one planet but we blind ourselves thinking we live on different ones.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Yah, like the West, projecting military force half way round the world isn't as hi on their agenda.

They wouldn't even be there if they hadn't been invited by the legitimate government in Damascus.

Um... Are we not talking about the Russian carrier group? It broke and had to be towed. Later the Arrester cable system failed causing the crash of an aircraft. Carrier ops are some of the hardest and most demanding in the military world. In one of the first shows of force for the carrier in a while it was a massive failure.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   

It was basically just a test and exercise operation after he underwent an enormous modernisation and refit that radically altered the design and mission of the ship.

Bound to be some bugs to work out.

Carriers needing to be towed is nothing new or unique to Russia. Indeed if that was the basis for failure then almost 100% of all carrier missions would be failures.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: PlasticWizard

What do y'all think? WW3 inbound.

First off, welcome

Secondly, no this is not WW3 - See this RT clip below.

This is the reasons us non Americans are watching what happens with Mr Trump intently. There is a window of opportunity here for the cold war to end and for a new order where countries are left to run themselves without outside interference.

*Edit*

Although....... The Russian Military is also being very blunt about what will happen if the USA continues to interfere in Syria.

edit on 7-1-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

It was basically just a test and exercise operation after he underwent an enormous modernisation and refit that radically altered the design and mission of the ship.

Bound to be some bugs to work out.

Carriers needing to be towed is nothing new or unique to Russia. Indeed if that was the basis for failure then almost 100% of all carrier missions would be failures.

No doubt there would be bugs but that is what shake down cruises are for. You don't do your shake down as part of a deployment.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Did they actually use the carrier, or did the planes get transferred to land-based airfields in Syria. I am sure I saw a satellite photo of the carrier planes parked up on a Syrian airfield.

Anyway, the question I am interested in having answered is whether they will tow the carrier back through the English Channel to the derision of the Western press, or tow it out of sight to the west of Ireland.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

Um... Are we not talking about the Russian carrier group? It broke and had to be towed. Later the Arrester cable system failed causing the crash of an aircraft. Carrier ops are some of the hardest and most demanding in the military world. In one of the first shows of force for the carrier in a while it was a massive failure.

Ummm, the Russians are winning the battle for Syrian Sovereignty.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

Whilst we have leaders filled with pride and an outlook of scoff I fear it will never happen.

One species, one planet but we blind ourselves thinking we live on different ones.

Have hope, I never thought the Vietnam war would end other. The very same military industrial complex was in charge of that fiasco, too.

Edit: [shhh, the Russians backed the winning side then also.)
edit on 7-1-2017 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

Less than 1% of their main battle tank... thats not lots... 2% of their light infantry vehicles.. 2.3%of the active paladin's..

Not very suprising numbers to be honest.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

They flew some missions from the carrier, but after the second accident they moved to shore.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

my reasoning says you are correct... the aggressive moves by USA-NATO up around Poland-Lithuania have made Putin respond with the return of the aircraft carrier & support ships to Russian coastal waters --- If Only For Appearance Sake

I am sure that the absence of the Russian fleet off Syria does not de-arm their capabilities.. there are likely a slew of drone bombs on ships in the Black & Caspian Seas that will take over from the Carrier removal

besides, the Russians still have not it necessary to use the Focused EMP device that can blind & bedazzle the coalition war planes or ships anytime of the Russian targeting /decision to de-arm the USA-Coalition weapons platforms,,,
they are keeping that ACE up their sleeve until the absolute need arises

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

That has little to do with the failure that was the carrier deployment which is the topic of the thread. So please stick to the topic at hand there are plenty of threads you can derail elsewhere.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

That has little to do with the failure that was the carrier deployment which is the topic of the thread. So please stick to the topic at hand there are plenty of threads you can derail elsewhere.

You want to focus on the Russian carrier fine. They have one that 'failed', they still beat the US efforts to make Assad go, without it.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

Have hope, I never thought the Vietnam war would end other. The very same military industrial complex was in charge of that fiasco, too.

Edit: [shhh, the Russians backed the winning side then also.)

I got tired of repeating the same things about Syria, I'm grateful others didn't.

Because to compare, again it's the people that eventually broke through all the noise and helped everyone see the light despite being a vocal minority.

I try to keep the faith

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Well to be fair the thread is about a group deployment, they had naval assets in the area before they went into Syria.

They have used missiles from those destroyers too plus other assisting factors they would provide.

I think considering they have a lot of catching up to do in comparison to those they are compared too... They are learning, they may seem like a face palm failure to you but to the Russians it's progress.

It should never be took for granted how professional our own forces are, we are at where we are with hard training and tons of money.

Russia doesn't share the same luxuries.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I got tired of repeating the same things about Syria, I'm grateful others didn't.

Because to compare, again it's the people that eventually broke through all the noise and helped everyone see the light despite being a vocal minority.

Strength flows from knowing you're right. Once you are awake you have a responsibility to go back into the cave and try and free others.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Su-25 attack planes redeployed to Latakia.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I no longer trust CNN

Wise, wise words....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join