It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John McAfee: ‘I Can Guarantee You, It Was Not the Russians’ (Kim dot Com agrees)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
1. The NSA/FBI/CIA/government turned over the data to these two men for their "peer" review?

2. Assange knows and told them the person(s) who acquired the data, the chain of custody and who actually upload it to him or WL?

Otherwise it's just a couple of people's opinion. We have 100's just as good on this site.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: PistolPete

"Of course the phones had malware on them, the question is how that malware got there"

That is idiotic...

McAfree claimed he could exploit Android systems and hack android phones at will...that no one on android was secure..

When asked for proof he GAVE journalists android phones with a malware on the devices...without telling them and said ..here, watch me hack them.

When in reality the phones had already been infected with an exploit.

"How those devices got that malware on them"????? He put it there in his living room.

That is different than hacking someone else's device, password, cryptography etc. from across the country...

It was a fraud...It's like saying I can hack into anyones email and when asked to prove it...you give them your own laptop and email and say...watch me hack in..

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I'm glad I got out of this s#show when I did. You just continued throwing crap against the wall in the hopes that something would stick? Lmao.

MDPV is the perhaps the least structurally similar to MDMA of all of the synthetic cathinones/methcathinone substitutions and guess what? Even if they were closer in structure, Substitutions matter. MDPV is not MDMA.

Did you actually just imply that by virtue of being a stimulant, McAfee's bathtub MDPV could have made him smarter because it's a stimulant and some stimulants can serve as cognitive enhancers? What next? More NASA engineers should smoke Crack because you know, it's a stimulant? Good grief.

Hey, maybe that's why the gubment in Belize offed his neighbor and framed him for it? You know, because he developed an NZT-like super nootropic! Bwahahaha.

You keep right on misrepresenting the minutae of designer drugs if you want but I'm not biting. I actually know real life people who have had psychotic breaks from heavy usage of MDPV (and naphyrone I should mention). But hey, you don't have to take my word for it, if you want to play this silly game, check out the literature on "stimulant psychosis."

What lengths you go to in order to avoid discussing what a flake McAfee is and more importantly, that as soon as he opened his mouth, bulls# started streaming out. Am I wrong? Did you do your due diligence and check out the Grizzly Steppe document? Did it in fact list any of the four points that John McAfee mentioned?

No, it did not. His entire premise was false. He misrepresented what the evidence was. The s# is utterly indefensible which is why you keep trying to deflect back to how I somehow maligned flakey John McAfee by pointing out that he spent years hiding out in Central America playing guinea pig to his own mad scientist and jamming who knows what up his nose.

What's beyond hilarious here though is this: After smearing his technical credibility & expertise for being a recreational drug expert, in the same post as declaring your technical credibility & expertise, you also boasted about being... a "recreational drug expert"!!!

More false equivalence. How many people have done coke? Are you going to claim that somebody who infrequently used coke will experience the same longterm cognitive effects as a somebody who spends 4-5 years as a straight up crackhead?

You "crack" me up

Now if you're done with the stall tactics, I attacked his argument pages ago. Maybe you can see your way to addressing that?

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: Byrd

We've heard a lot of that kind of stuff, but what do you have to say about McAfee's remarks?

I went off to fact-check him. I think he jumped the gun and is talking without the full facts. He's correct in his statement that the published data isn't a solid case but incorrect in assuming this is the only evidence and the full evidence.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
1.Make the amature mistake of using some English language in their coding used to write the malware..which would subsequently be easily detected by the victim's intelligence officials.

2. Use an English keyboard or whatever keyboard the CIA uses (which by the way the CIA knows forensic scientists can now determine which type of keyboard was used to develop a piece of malware).

3. Forget to remove the part of code (the compiler) that writes the time stamp (the time stamp showing actual local time)

4. Have an I.P. address that points to themselves.

Oh and here is the kicker, the hack on the DNC used a piece of malware that was a year and a half old. And there had been many updates since then. Do you seriously believe the Russian Intelligence Service would spend all of their time and effort improving their malware but then when it comes to an important attack they're like "well I used that thing from a few years ago, it only had a few bugs"....

......I don't think so.

I think it points to "script kiddies" authoring some of the tools that were used. While an old school hacker might not make that kind of mistake (they could tell the keyboard by the ASCII code used in the original program), newer hackers who borrow bits of code from other places would.

And in spite of the idea that government hackers have the latest-and-greatest, I think that anyone going to DEFCON could tell you that this just ain't so. Remember that the attacks started some time ago and they may have decided to not mess with what was working.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Another member made a comment that Israel had a lot to gain from Trump becoming president, too.

There was something on the talk shows this morning how the Obama admin payed a group of people to try and take out Netanyahu politically.

With that bit of knowledge and it making the most sense, I'm guessing Netanyahu was behind the DNC hacks. Especially when you consider the hacking started around the same time Netanyahu was running for re-election.

Now our Intelligence agencies are taking one for the team so to speak to CYTA of Netenyahu and Israel.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
1. The NSA/FBI/CIA/government turned over the data to these two men for their "peer" review?

2. Assange knows and told them the person(s) who acquired the data, the chain of custody and who actually upload it to him or WL?

Otherwise it's just a couple of people's opinion. We have 100's just as good on this site.

You obviously didn't read the thread.

The Grizzly/Steppe report was released for public consumption. You are yet another poster that has not addressed the substance of the OP.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I can spend 2 hours writing up a thread going over parts of it and have a the angry mob of deniers come in and call me names, have you post a bunch of pictures of Syria to derail my thread and end up wasting my time. Meanwhile, people who don't know anything can post Russian propaganda by way of a drug-addled has-been in a disgusting display of the blind leading the blind and a bunch of none-the-wiser posters will pat each other on the back believing they their purely political-agenda-driven denialism has been vindicated.

To hell with it. Wallow in your ignorance. Apparently it's blissful.

Please don't stop.
Your posts give me hope that not all of my fellow Americans are complete meatball brains. Most members of this site have seemingly lost their critical thinking abilities.
Continue on, friend...and many kudos.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

You "crack" me up

You're cracking up alright!

You're still running with your opening source, that mentioned MDPV by name, by Russian Today (aren't they supposed to be a no go for news now following your 2 months of grandstanding?).

a predilection for MDPV, more commonly known as bath salts.

So they found a buzz 'word' (MDPV), are calling it "bath saltS", and conflating the entire issue as if they even know anything about any of that.

And that's the basis of your ad hominem hail mary from the kick off, which is apparently one of two plays you have in here. I juke you with a couple simple questions, but no moves in your playbook for that?

Back on off in the jungle topic.

Dude is clearly a polymath, very likely a bonafide genius. He goes off doing a Terence McKenna (who you are surely also smarter than) ala Sex Magic Guru in the jungle self-discovery phase, and for that you're now apparently labeling him a CRACKHEAD (all because he mentioned somewhere one of the chems he was playing around with and RT made it into his entire life story you've now determined the worth of his entire psychonautical endeavors)???

MDPV is the perhaps the least structurally similar to MDMA of all of the synthetic cathinones/methcathinone substitutions

Source please! And if it could not be from a US / Russian government propaganda hub that would be fantabuloso!

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Well, maybe you've taken this thread for a bogus ride, whether wittingly or not:

Two years after moving to Belize, McAfee began posting dozens of queries on Bluelight.ru, a drug discussion forum. He explained that he had started to experiment with MDPV, a psychoactive stimulant found in bath salts, a class of designer drugs that have effects similar to amphetamines and coc aine. “When I first started doing this I accidentally got a few drops on my fingers while handling a used flask and didn’t sleep for four days,” McAfee posted. “I had visual and auditory hallucinations and the worst paranoia of my life.”

McAfee indicated, though, that the heightened sexuality justified the drug’s risks and claimed to have produced 50 pounds of MDPV in 2010. “I have distributed over 3,000 doses exclusively in this country,” he wrote. But neither Emshwiller, Adonizio, nor anyone else I spoke with observed him making the stuff. So how could he have produced 50 pounds without anyone noticing?

McAfee has a simple explanation: The whole thing was an elaborate prank aimed at tricking drug users into trying a notoriously noxious drug. “It was the most tongue-in-cheek thing in the #ing world,” he says, and denies ever taking the substance. “If I’m gonna do drugs, I’m gonna do something that I know is good,” he says. “I’m gonna grab some mushrooms, number one, and maybe get some really fine coc aine.

“But anybody who knows me knows I would never do drugs,” he says.
arstechnica.com...

Now of course he cold just be covering his arse. Then again it would fall in line of being part of a self-entertaining sort of publicity stunt pattern if we factor in that prank he pulled with those cell phones, as has already been brought up.

Pattern?

But he explains that the accusations are a fabrication. “Maybe what happened didn’t actually happen,” he says, staring hard at me. “Can I do a demonstration?”

He loads the bullet into the gleaming silver revolver, spins the cylinder.

“This scares you, right?” he says. Then he puts the gun to his head.

My heart rate kicks up; it takes me a second to respond. “Yeah, I’m scared,” I admit. “We don’t have to do this.”

“I know we don’t,” he says, the muzzle pressed against his temple. And then he pulls the trigger. Nothing happens. He pulls it three more times in rapid succession. There are only five chambers.

“Reholster the gun,” I demand. www.wired.com...

Drugs?

When members of the GSU swept into McAfee’s compound on April 30, 2012, they found no meth. They found no illegal drugs of any kind.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
This whole narrative is creating a 90 degree turn away from consensus between the American people and their government.

Its like:

Arguing with a purse snatcher after he ditched the bag. At some point you just ignore the words and focus on what everyone saw.

edit on 1 8 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: sad_eyed_lady

The russians want to move away from the petro dollar. Just like taking down Saddam and other countries who didn't want to use the US dollar for oil.. Pretty sad TPTB would go to nuclear war to accomplish it..

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
a reply to: PistolPete

"Of course the phones had malware on them, the question is how that malware got there"

That is idiotic...

McAfree claimed he could exploit Android systems and hack android phones at will...that no one on android was secure..

When asked for proof he GAVE journalists android phones with a malware on the devices...without telling them and said ..here, watch me hack them.

When in reality the phones had already been infected with an exploit.

"How those devices got that malware on them"????? He put it there in his living room.

That is different than hacking someone else's device, password, cryptography etc. from across the country...

It was a fraud...It's like saying I can hack into anyones email and when asked to prove it...you give them your own laptop and email and say...watch me hack in..

yeah john mcafee has lost all credibility. I wish people wouldn't quote him for this "hacking" story if u want to call it that. the guy is a loon who maybe murdered his neighbor aswell. after the san bernadino shooting he destroyed his credibility.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

We already know it was the UK Ambassador Murray that courier the emails to Assange from his Democrat connection in Washington DC that leaked the emails. It was not Russia. Obama and the Neocons have been discredited a million times but you still believe them right? bwhahah

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

John McAfee is a fraud and a lunatic..Just a sampling

But also a genius...

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

John McAfee is a fraud and a lunatic..Just a sampling

But also a genius...

Genius is an ambiguous word.

He had good timing, offering up anti-malware software 20 years ago when there was no competition.

Then he ran to the jungle, murdered his neighbor, did tons of drugs, was kicked out of Belize and returned to the states to try and exploit his fame of 20 years ago for money.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Your Link (RT - McAfee’s macabre media circus continues as antivirus inventor flees to Guatemala) is from 2012 if you look closely. He had to flee Belize because he wouldn't give the government protection money.

Talk about scraping the barrel. It's his expert opinion they don't have any proof. Don't be so gullible next time.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

It appears that American Intelligence has become an oxymoron.

Always was----#em

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   
John McAfee is an absolute loon. He isn't a reputable source on anything other than what young prostitutes cost in Belize and how to avoid prosecution for murder.

He has completely lost the plot.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheWisestCumbrian
Personally I don't believe your election was hacked. A bit of disinfo knocked about but it's nothing new.

Mr Dotcom and McAfee though, are pretty poor sources. I would trust any of you guys more, as it would at least reflect your opinion. These fellas have various reasons to hold a multitude of positions.

But there it is. Pretty much nobody trusts anybody unless the somebody they believe they can trust is a somebody. Nobody cares what some nobody on the internet thinks about anything. Somehow being a somebody with a real face and a name and a fan club seems to give people some kind of respect.

Heroes. Everybody wants a hero. Nobody really wants to be a hero. If you're a nobody and you even had the slightest chance of upsetting the establishment, you would stay a nobody. That is why the establishment exists and persists. The idea that an outsider can really penetrate and upset the order of things is a compelling movie plot for a reason. No one has ever seen anything like it in real life.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join