It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billboards going up to thank Hollywood for Bush's re-election

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Division Bell

Originally posted by American Mad Man
How is it that you can criticize someone out of one side of your mouth for the way they spend money, citing how the money could be used, and at the same time get mad at me for doin the same to you?

Let's see.....because I've actually done something that required more than money. I volunteered. Geez, why can't you get that through your thick skull?

And yet again, HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT THESE SAME PEOPLE HAVE NOT VOLUNTEERED?

You are guilty of the same assumption!

Why can't YOU get THAT through your thick skull!

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Hmmm.....Lets see who attacked me first? Your degrading the intellectualism on this forum.

You attacked the people that put up those billboards. I defended their decision by pointing out your hypocricy. Deal with it - you brought it on yourself.

quote: Originally posted by American Mad Man
quote: Originally posted by TheBigD
Anyways, those billboards are hilarious! Wow, like anyone is really going to care. I hope someone puts a torch to those billboards.

You know, I may never agree with you, but I would NEVER destroy your right to express yourself.

LOL! When have I tried to destroy your's or anyone else's? I've never even suggested the idea! LMAO! You are so weak in your debates.

Notice who is quoted there smart guy. Usually when someone is quoted, that is who the response is directed towards.

Anyways, you will not get any apology out of me. You are a hypocrite in my eyes, and are guilty of many of the things you accuse others of.

As for the billboards, I think it will send a strong message to hollywood that their constant endorsment of the Democratic party not only isn't working, but is counterproductive. Many celebs in Hollywood seem to feel like they need to push a political agenda - that they somehow know "best", and that we "the people" are too stupid to figure it out on our own. This same arrogant attitude turns people off, and helps to gather support for the side they do not agree with.

Perhaps they will take heed - most likely not though.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   

that they somehow know "best", and that we "the people" are too stupid to figure it out on our own. This same arrogant attitude turns people off, and helps to gather support for the side they do not agree with.

perhaps they will take heed, mostly likely not though.

Your assuming they don't know "best", quit assuming hypocrit! Your also assuming that they think "the people" are "stupid", quit assuming hypocrit! See, we can go on and on about your BS. We all know you were wrong, even TheBigD.
"perhaps they will take heed, mostly likely not though." So you are trying to silence peoples right to support a political party by trying to embarrass them? Seems like your the one who supports suppressing the right to free speech through a covert means.

Oh, and by the way. What was your point in quoting me in that last post. I didn't write, "torch the billboard", that was TheBigD. So, please be more accurate in your debates.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Quess what everybody. Lets stop the sniping and personal attacks. They add nothing to the discussion and are counterproductive. More to the point they are against the T&C of the site. So everybody take a deep breath, count to ten, and resume.

Thanks
FredT

I'll try, but can't without co-operation from the other people.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   
For those who would like to support Citizens United in these efforts to send messages to Hollywood, you can donate here: www.newsmaxstore.com....

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
And for those of you who would like to get the meglomaniacal cults that are neo-conservatives and even democrats out of office, you can donate here:

www.lp.org

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Look up how many of them already contribute to society.[/QUOTE]
Irrelevant. They waste money on luxury. They loose money on sheer waste (ie heating and air conditioning large homes throughout the country that they spend no time in, if nothing else). Besides, neither you nor I know what percentage of the movie stars incomes are donated to charity, nor do we know the same for whoever put the billboards up. What percentage of your own income was donated to the tsunami relief, more or less than Bush's?

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I'll let everyone's words speak for themselves. Discontinue of my participation in this conversation. Let absurdity reign.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   

that they somehow know "best", and that we "the people" are too stupid to figure it out on our own. This same arrogant attitude turns people off, and helps to gather support for the side they do not agree with.

perhaps they will take heed, mostly likely not though.

Your assuming they don't know "best", quit assuming hypocrit!

First off, i was not the one that had a problem with assumptions - that was you. I simply pointed out the assumptions you made to point out your double speak. Second, I never said that they (liberal celebs) were right or wrong in their beliefs, just that they are arrogant in how they present themselves. That isn't just me who believes that - it's a lot of people.

Seems like your the one who supports suppressing the right to free speech through a covert means.

Oh please - my point was that they should rethink the way they express their views because they are hurting their platform, not helping it.

Oh, and by the way. What was your point in quoting me in that last post. I didn't write, "torch the billboard", that was TheBigD. So, please be more accurate in your debates.

If you look back (post #1136421), you responded to a post in which I quoted BigD. You thought I was responding to you - I wasn't. Get it yet? I wasn't talking to you. You responded like I was.

[edit on 2-2-2005 by American Mad Man]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   

If you look back (post #1136421), you responded to a post in which I quoted BigD. You thought I was responding to you - I wasn't. Get it yet? I wasn't talking to you. You responded like I was.

[edit on 2-2-2005 by American Mad Man]

Probably because the last person quoted in that post was me. Makes sense doesn't it? You must be a yankee, yankee's are so -----.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join