It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billboards going up to thank Hollywood for Bush's re-election

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Think about it.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frith

Originally posted by Nygdan
They're saying 'hy, you stupid lunatics, by being so completely whacked out and assinine, you did the exact opposite of what you wanted to do, because people didn't want to be associated with any cause that you fools supported. So thanks for the help, suckerzz!!"

What exactly did the famous Bush supporters do differently?

Just explaining what the billboards are stating. Ifanything, this kind of activity can just as easily backfire. I am sure that a good deal of the lack of support for Howard Dean was because the right was pleading in the media that he be nominated, because he'd simpy be crushed in a national election. Surely some members of the democratic primary voters realized this and stayed away from him. Similarly, this kind of thing will make the more loony members of the far left try to act normal, and drive support for the so called 'loony left' underground.

Liberal Hollywood did nothing to alienate voters. Or if they did, its only to the same degree, perhaps less, than conservative pundits did during the campaign.

I doubt it. People tend to get pretty riled up over celebrities and their stance on politics. The conservative bloggers and opinion columnists effectively mobilized and enthused the rightists, while the leftists, well, like I said, anyone motivated into the 'anyone but bush camp' by celebrities is going to be more of a problem for a serious nomination than a benefit.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
How much did it cost to put up those billboards?

Let say $100,000.

A $100,000 could've done this instead:
Provide economic growth for 100 entrepeneurs in Kenya. (www.approtec.org...)
Could give 645 poverty-stricken people skills to better provide for their family.(www.netaid.ga0.org...)
Could've helped Tsunami victims

A million better directions could've been taken with this money, but instead it was used to encourage stupidity and faithless pride. Good job, conservative America. Continue to show your hypocrisy! Don't show your "good values" with action, only words.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Division Bell

Let say $100,000.

Could give 645 poverty-stricken people skills to better provide for their family.(www.netaid.ga0.org...)

A million better directions could've been taken with this money, but instead it was used to encourage stupidity and faithless pride. Good job, conservative America. Continue to show your hypocrisy! Don't show your "good values" with action, only words.

It's amazing how good liberals are at telling others how to spend their money!

[edit on 1/31/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Let say $100,000.

I'm not a liberal. Don't label me with a stereotype by what I say. Your incompetence to understand anything is shown with your quick labeling system. Your the reason ignorance is bliss because you lack the courage to understand the world around you.---I don't know, I just know I'm not a lefty or righty, just a human with thoughts.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
$100,000 to spend, which makes more sense?

A billboard:

Or to help end human suffering to show your beliefs in action? (Conservative "Values")

Human suffering or a dumb billboard?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Think about it.

Think about what? A box with a little red X in it?

I don't think your image came through as you wanted it to.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   

A billboard:

Or to help end human suffering to show your beliefs in action? (Conservative "Values")

You sound like a typical liberal to me. I don't blame you for saying you are not. Liberal is a bad word you know.

Thanking Hollywood for Bush's re-election is appropriate. The Hollywood left is a major reason why Bush was re-elected. Making fun of Hollywood can have 2 effects.

1. They get the point and shut up, and entertain us. or

2. It makes them so mad that they get more vocal and ensure more Republican victories in the future.

Either way this Billboard is genius!

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Originally posted by RANT

Think about it.

Think about what? A box with a little red X in it?

I don't think your image came through as you wanted it to.

Host blocked.
Will repost below.

Ironic though, since I don't think the conservatives with the billboard here are getting out the image they intend to either.

I don't take sides in that fake HollyWar since I think it tends to be overblown. The right uses Hollywood as a strawman front to divide "regular folk" even though I wouldn't begin to consider the typical Hollywood elite a "leftie" in the traditional Kansas sense. But whatever.

The billbord just left a bad taste though. Like something was left unsaid or something more was really being said. I'd wager what the group really wished they could do was stick a billboard in a gay community or the middle of gay rights parade and thank THEM for Bush's victory hoping to finally shut them up...

Either way though, the point wasn't really to communicate with "Hollywood" (or gays) but you and I. Average folk. Remind us how "ugly" Hollywood can be. Right? I don't think that can be denied.

I supose that's why it reminds me so much of this infamous billboard in the first place...

America's reicht wing is hardly original.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

A billboard:

You sound like a typical liberal to me. I don't blame you for saying you are not. Liberal is a bad word you know.

Thanking Hollywood for Bush's re-election is appropriate. The Hollywood left is a major reason why Bush was re-elected. Making fun of Hollywood can have 2 effects.

1. They get the point and shut up, and entertain us. or

2. It makes them so mad that they get more vocal and ensure more Republican victories in the future.

Either way this Billboard is genius!

It only shows us how pathetic politics have become and how each side encourages the natural law of pathetic politics. If you ascribe to either side, right or left, you are just as pathetic as the Washingtonians.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
For more pathetic stuff, watch Scarborough Country on MSNBC. That guy is a dousche-bag in denial.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Let say $100,000.

I'm not a liberal. Don't label me with a stereotype by what I say. Your incompetence to understand anything is shown with your quick labeling system. Your the reason ignorance is bliss because you lack the courage to understand the world around you.---I don't know, I just know I'm not a lefty or righty, just a human with thoughts.

You should put your money where your mouth is. Instead of paying for an internet connection when you can use a public library, you should give all that money to Kenya.

Planning any vocations?

Sorry - its a waste of money.

Do you have cable/sat TV?

Waste of money.

And lets suppose you did give this money to an Entrepenuer, and that man grows a great buisness, are you then Evil for taking it away from him - because after all as the investor, you would most likely own that company.

I guess all Americans are evil and ignorant aren't we? Especially if we are conservative.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

Let say $100,000.

You should put your money where your mouth is. Instead of paying for an internet connection when you can use a public library, you should give all that money to Kenya.

Planning any vocations?

Sorry - its a waste of money.

Do you have cable/sat TV?

Waste of money.

And lets suppose you did give this money to an Entrepenuer, and that man grows a great buisness, are you then Evil for taking it away from him - because after all as the investor, you would most likely own that company.

I guess all Americans are evil and ignorant aren't we? Especially if we are conservative.

How do you know I don't already put my money where my mouth is? Want documentation? because i've worked for UNICEF, do you want it because I will gladly scan all documentation. Prove yourself to be such an a**hole. It's not always money that is the best support of humanity, it's usually humans. I can honestly say, "No, I am not ignorant and am not evil." The world is what we make of it and our perspective is based on our actions. So, I pose to you, your own question. I cannot believe you were so pathetic as to stoop that low and question my own actions and beliefs based on an assumption. So, answer your own question based on your own actions.
That would be irrational to give everything away to charity. If you did that, then you'd have nothing to give away in your will. You build upon what you have now until it surpasses everyone's expectations and then you start helping humanity with it.
My complaint with this billboard is, what purpose does it serve? To show the epitemy of being an a**hole. Why would you spend money on something that serves no purpose when there so many better things to spend money on? Who's life did this make a difference in? Nobody's . Those Hollywood people have the right to speak their mind, so what is the point?

It's spelled vacation not vocation. Correct it, *******!

[edit on 1-2-2005 by The Division Bell]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   
American Mad Man truly is a Mad Man! That was very rude and arrogant of him.
Anyways, those billboards are hilarious! Wow, like anyone is really going to care. I hope someone puts a torch to those billboards. Stupidity at its height. Is there any other boring and stupid stuff we can continuely discuss showing our own stupidity and lack of intiative to do anything about it?

American Mad Man Should Apologize! Who else thinks so?

[edit on 01/27/2005 by TheBigD]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 04:58 AM
link   

How do you know I don't already put my money where my mouth is? Want documentation? because i've worked for UNICEF, do you want it because I will gladly scan all documentation. Prove yourself to be such an a**hole. It's not always money that is the best support of humanity, it's usually humans. I can honestly say, "No, I am not ignorant and am not evil." The world is what we make of it and our perspective is based on our actions. So, I pose to you, your own question. I cannot believe you were so pathetic as to stoop that low and question my own actions and beliefs based on an assumption. So, answer your own question based on your own actions.
That would be irrational to give everything away to charity. If you did that, then you'd have nothing to give away in your will. You build upon what you have now until it surpasses everyone's expectations and then you start helping humanity with it.
My complaint with this billboard is, what purpose does it serve? To show the epitemy of being an a**hole. Why would you spend money on something that serves no purpose when there so many better things to spend money on? Who's life did this make a difference in? Nobody's . Those Hollywood people have the right to speak their mind, so what is the point?

It's spelled vacation not vocation. Correct it, *******!

[edit on 1-2-2005 by The Division Bell]

You are such a hypocrit!

How is it that you can criticize someone out of one side of your mouth for the way they spend money, citing how the money could be used, and at the same time get mad at me for doin the same to you?

How is it that you can say that I am "pathetic" to question you based on an assumption, WHEN YOU YOURSELF MAKE THE SAME EXACT ASSUMPTION!

HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT THOSE SAME PEOPLE YOU CRITICIZE DO NOT HELP OTHERS IN NEED?

Your complaint with this billboard is a joke. You are sure are quick to attack others WHEN YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THEM.

Heres something to think about...Why don't you stop complaining about how other people use their money - it is a free country now isn't it? Why don't you stop getting so worked up - I posted what I did to make a point, which you have just proven. You can always do more then you do. You are in no position to criticize any of these people that put this billboard up, because you don't know the first thing about them. All you know is how YOU would spend that 100K, and YOU don't like the message.

And then you say, "Those Hollywood people have the right to speak their mind, so what is the point."

Well heres the point - the people that put up those Billboards have those same rights. The Actors spoke their mind, and the people that put up the billboards responded.

And ohhh yeah, it's always ammusing when people call other people names over the internet while attacking their grammer

Next time why don't you take a few deep breaths and realize that when you attack other people, you invite people to attack you.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBigD
Anyways, those billboards are hilarious! Wow, like anyone is really going to care. I hope someone puts a torch to those billboards.

Yeah - you wouldn't want anyone to dissagree with you or have their own thoughts would you?

How typical.

You know, I may never agree with you, but I would NEVER destroy your right to express yourself.

[edit on 01/27/2005 by TheBigD]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   

How is it that you can criticize someone out of one side of your mouth for the way they spend money, citing how the money could be used, and at the same time get mad at me for doin the same to you?

Let's see.....because I've actually done something that required more than money. I volunteered. Geez, why can't you get that through your thick skull?

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Next time why don't you take a few deep breaths and realize that when you attack other people, you invite people to attack you.

Hmmm.....Lets see who attacked me first? Your degrading the intellectualism on this forum. Please start denying ignorance! Hurry before it is too late!

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBigD
Anyways, those billboards are hilarious! Wow, like anyone is really going to care. I hope someone puts a torch to those billboards.

Yeah - you wouldn't want anyone to dissagree with you or have their own thoughts would you?

How typical.

You know, I may never agree with you, but I would NEVER destroy your right to express yourself.

LOL! When have I tried to destroy your's or anyone else's? I've never even suggested the idea! LMAO! You are so weak in your debates.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Well heres the point - the people that put up those Billboards have those same rights.

As I have stated in a previous post:

Hey, they are thanking them for using freedom of speech. I commend them for thanking Hollywood for using their Amendment rights, and they should put up another billboard saying, "We thank ourselves for using our amendment rights to thank others for using their amendment rights. The same rights that may be under covert attack by the President that we support based on narrow beliefs in a outdated social structure that we wanted him to maintain."--That should be their next billboard sign.

As clearly stated, they have the same rights as the ones they are pointing out for using their rights. Don't put false allegations on me. SLANDER!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join