It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billboards going up to thank Hollywood for Bush's re-election

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
A majority of the voters in this country do not seem to agree with you that Moore's film contained truths.

Possibly because the film Fahrenhype 9/11 proved all of Moore's assertions to be false. BTW, did you also watch this film to make sure you are giving this issue a fair assessment?

No, I didn't. The statement I made was kind of a joke, I stated that it was truth minus the narration because everything recorded on film is a truth, because it is recorded. The narration was the untruthful part, some would say that the narration caused a faux pas to the film's credibility.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Thank YOU, Red State America, for reminding us all just how pathetic and insecure you really are. You truly are a living, breathing example of inferiority complexes hard at work.

Okay, I am from a red state and must say that not all of us are reds. I think the voting machines are made by the Russians because nobody that I know voted for Bush. Anyways, for your enjoyment I have included a picture I found on the net, but I don't agree with its political correctness.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
OMG! Dumb#istan....

Thank you- you made my day!!!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I'm from a blue state and I can assure you not all of us here on the Upper West Side of Manhattan are blue!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I'm from a blue state and I can assure you not all of us here on the Upper West Side of Manhattan are blue!!!

Would you please convert them to blue and then ship them to a red state via UPS?

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
See if you can de-cypher ...

liberalsturnout2blosers

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by brimstone735
Thank YOU, Red State America, for reminding us all just how pathetic and insecure you really are. You truly are a living, breathing example of inferiority complexes hard at work.

My, my, doesn't this just sound soooo elitist!

But wait! Liberals are the party of diversity, the poor, the downtrodden, etc. But you also always seem to be saying that you liberals are smarter than the majority of Americans, that you know what's best for all of us, that you want to 'take care of' us, that you want to even think for us, that our lives would be so much more 'fulfilled' if we would just turn everything over to you. The very definition of elitist. So, what you really want to do is take over and run everything your way. No freedom for anyone to dissent. How's that different than what you accuse conservatives of trying to do with all this NWO BS?

Only way to square this is to admit that liberal philosophy is a lie.

Go ahead, admit it.

[edit on 1/29/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   

My, my, doesn't this just sound soooo elitist!

Only way to square this is to admit that liberal philosophy is a lie.

Go ahead, admit it.

[edit on 1/29/2005 by centurion1211]

I freely admit that I am an elitist.

However, I don't want to take care of you. I don't care if you're fulfilled. I don't want to think for you, I want you to actually think for yourselves for a change, not just parrot what the nice little man on FOX news repeats is important.

I want Blue to take the country back, because Red is running the world like crap. Red can dissent all they want, as long as they offer logical reasons for the things they want. I like guns, I hate PC thought. I believe in smaller government and less taxes. I believe in the death penalty, and think we should do it more. I don't believe in insecurity and paranoia. I don't believe that somebody living their life the way they chose, should threaten the conservative world.

They need to get the hell over it.

I think people should strive to be better than themselves. I think only the best and the brightest should accelerate and move forward. I believe in logic and reason. I don't write on cave walls. I'm intolerant of ignorant people, not gay people. I look for things that challenge my world view, rather than support it. If my world view can't stand up to arguement, than I have the ability to change.

My belief system is earned, rather than regimented. I can accept the reality of gray areas. Some nieve people see only the black and white of issues.

I don't think liberals are smarter than conservatives. I think open minded people are smarter than closed minded people. It just so happens that the GOP is the party of the invisible man in the sky, and tolerance doesn't come to mind when I think of the Evangelicals, or fundementalist Islam for that matter.

So, yes, I am elitist and proud of it. It's hard not be an elitist when comparing yourself to people who think the world was created in 6000 years, and dinosaurs are a trick by he devil. As for accusing conservatives of the NWO, what are you talking about? Because, I'm talking conservatives thanking Hollywood for allowing shallow people to vote for Bush out of spite.

And as for admitting that liberal philosophy is a lie, this would require several things...

1) That a political philosophy can actually be a lie.

2) That liberalism is 100% false, without any merit (See Black and White)

3) That I am the person who created it, and thus would be responsible for having to apologize for it.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Well, there's the first liberal to admit that they are elitist - they think they are better, smarter, etc. than you and everyone else.

Now, if we can get the rest of them to admit the same, everyone will finally see who's really behind the so-called NWO.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Well, there's the first liberal to admit that they are elitist - they think they are better, smarter, etc. than you and everyone else.

Now, if we can get the rest of them to admit the same, everyone will finally see who's really behind the so-called NWO.

I'm having a converastion with YOU. How can I not feel like an elitist? I feel like a rocket scientist too

I think you're having a disconnect with reality though.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Quite franly im glad that Hollywood got its comeuppance. I am sick and tired of "celbrities" getting on the TV etc. and preaching down to the huddled masses. That goes for BOTH sides. I could care less and just because you are fameous doesnt make you right. :shk:

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by brimstone735

I'm having a converastion with YOU. How can I not feel like an elitist? I feel like a rocket scientist too

That's right, I know you're just one elitist/liberal who's been outed. Time for the rest of you to quit hiding behind a philosophical lie and let us all see who and what you really are.

Come on. If what you are is so right and good, why not tell the truth about yourselves? What, afraid no one else will 'buy' it when we see it?

Pitiful.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Antagonize Hollywood? Are these people insane? Do they not understand the power that film has over the American people? Don't they understand how Hollywood works?

Hollywood has been creating movies to manipulate Americans since the dawn of film--the Film Noir genre was spawned by a collaboration between the government and Hollywood studios to spread anti-Soviet propaganda during the Cold War. John Wayne was the face of World War II & films were created specifically to spur nationalism. Apocalypse Now and Full Metal Jacket defined the imagery of the Vietnam War--and Born of the Fourth of July became the stereotype for Vietnam vets. Films like The Passion of the Christ clearly had a religious agenda. Even films like Fatal Attraction and Indecent Proposal served to influence social discourse. Dump on Fahrenheit 9/11 all you like, but it was the sole reason why the majority of Americans learned that Saddam Hussein wasn't responsible for 9/11.

Hollywood studios have the money, access, and power to influence Americans. Manipulation and mind control, whether overt or subliminal, is their specialty--they created many of the perceptions that the American people hold today--regardless of whether it is the truth.

Also, Hollywood is petty and a club that sticks together. During the election, a few celebrities expressed their political views, yet these billboards are a blatant attack on the entire industry. Disrupting the Academy Awards-- the biggest night of the year for these people--will evoke the equivalent response to Janet Jackson's breast at the Superbowl last year. Whether or not the Bush administration was behind this attack, it will bite him (and Conservatives) in the a** in a big way.

I can't imagine that Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger would stand behind such a dig to his Hollywood buddy Chevy Chase. Hollywood made Schwarzenegger--if he wants to be president, he is going to need them to not make all those movies about his steroid-ing and womanizing days. I would imagine he is going to denounce the billboards promptly and loudly and perhaps with a flamethrower from his last film.

Expect a dirty fight between Hollywood and Conservatives. The Dems are lightweights when it comes to playing dirty, but as everyone points out, Hollywood has no morals. I can only imagine the mud that is going to enter the national discourse because of this stupidity... fasten your seatbelts...

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Does anyone else find it ironic that they call themselves Citizens United and are actively trying to divide the country? It's kind of like the Patriot Act I guess.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
I also fail to understand why anybody would want to thank people who didn't support Bush.

They're saying 'hy, you stupid lunatics, by being so completely whacked out and assinine, you did the exact opposite of what you wanted to do, because people didn't want to be associated with any cause that you fools supported. So thanks for the help, suckerzz!!"

It is real funny considering that the money spent on those billboards could build a functioning school for hundreds of children in Ethiopia

Lots of money gets spent on lots of things that could've been put to better use.

The Micheal Moore film do more good than harm, I probably wouldn't have voted at all, but his film pi$$ed me off, and I voted for Kerry.

this is the point. Mobilizing people who wouldn't normally vote anyway, and doing so by pissing them off, means that your own candidate, instead of having rational supporters able to deal with teh real issues, are raving ideologues, and this results in lossing the election. It gave Kerry's supporters a somewhat genuine look of being 'anyone but dat der bush feller', which, obviously, didn't drum up enough support to win, and in fact may have stiffled votes, by alienating centrist voters.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
They're saying 'hy, you stupid lunatics, by being so completely whacked out and assinine, you did the exact opposite of what you wanted to do, because people didn't want to be associated with any cause that you fools supported. So thanks for the help, suckerzz!!"

What exactly did the famous Bush supporters do differently? The entire campaign against Kerry was about calling him a traitor, a liar, and murderer in Vietnam who did nothing but get other soldiers killed with his court hearings in the early 70s. Not to mention the constant allegations that Kerry would ban the Bible and destroy the sanctity of Christian marriage with gay marriage. Plus the issue of "flip flopping" about the tragedy of the Iraq war, which wasn't even something he had the power to start, only Bush had that authority. This all took place over free radio waves and flyers sent to people's houses. At least when it comes to liberal movies, people have to pay to go see them. And when you pay to go see something, you're just preaching to your own choir eager to hear more.

Liberal Hollywood did nothing to alienate voters. Or if they did, its only to the same degree, perhaps less, than conservative pundits did during the campaign.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
They are missing a lot of people in that billboard:

Alec Baldwin
Ani DiFranco
Cher
Chrissie Hynde
Danny Glover
Dave Matthews
David Clennon
Dixie Chicks
Dustin Hoffman
Ed Asner
Ed Harris
Edward Norton
Eric Roberts
George Carlin
George Clooney
Gore Vidal
Harry Belafonte
Jane Fonda
Janeane Garofalo
Jennifer Aniston
Jessica Lange
Joy Behar
Julia Roberts
Larry Hagman
Madonna
Martin Scorsese
Mike Farrell
Oliver Stone
Richard Gere
Robert Altman
Robbin Williams
Sandra Bernhard
Sandy Duncan
Spike Lee
Susan Sarandon
Tim Robbins
Viggo Mortensen

I just wish they made billboards big enough to fit all those Liberal mugs

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
We get Bruce Springsteen, Green Day, Robert DeNiro, Stevie Wonder etc...

Bush gets Hillary Duff & Ryan Cabrera

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
We get Bruce Springsteen, Green Day, Robert DeNiro, Stevie Wonder etc...

Bush gets Hillary Duff & Ryan Cabrera

I wonder if they will still support Bush when they get their *** drafted.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Curtain Call

The bulletin boards, their message, this thread and the responses posted to it are not only highly amusing, but also very informative.

Still breathtaking to watch even months after the zenith of this histrionic silliness was supposedly reached late last year.

Thanks for the laughs and the continuing education about the wild and wacky phenomenon that is modern American politics.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join