It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fort Lauderdale Airport Shooting Suspect Claims U.S. Intelligence Forced Him to Watch ISIS Videos

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikegrouchy

This video says that the shooter's father died while he was deployed in Iraq.

And that he claimed "his mind was being controlled by the C.I.A."

The family says that "something got to him".

nbc4 new york / suspect claims U.S. intelligence ...

Yeah, Schizophrenia being the most likely candidate or Actual PTSD (not self-diagnosed liberal "PTSD").

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Fox news says 'sources say' .

Not even an inidication as 'police sources' or 'FBI sources' or 'someone who knows him'.

So....fake news.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Another Sirhan Sirhan..

These peoples minds were broken and they are being manipulated deliberately to do these events.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   
First off ive always thought the songs on recruitment videos are hypnotic. Second synthetic telepathy is in almost everyone I think, and some can be snapped into an obedient state through simulation of fear. This guy said he had voices. It's all suggestive behavior modification.

I also think this is oddly timed near the whole "microchip the mentally ill" thing we read about recently.
edit on 7-1-2017 by anotherside because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Hi, new member here (though LONG time lurker).
I was interested to follow your discussion with GodEmperor here on this thread.

Firstly, I can see where GodEmperor is coming from. I think it's pretty normal for folks outside of mental health services and with limited knowledge or experience (no offence intended) to take the point of view that "services should have done more/seen it coming/known better" and, with hindsight, it is always 'clear' that the risk was greater than originally thought. Mental health conditions and the laws governing the treatment of them are still not widely understood. Whilst there has been a drive to de-stigmatise mental illness and to educate the public on related matters, mental health (beyond depression and anxiety) is still widely, and grossly misunderstood and, to some extent, is still a taboo subject.

There are laws in place to protect people's rights and freedoms and to prevent unreasonable deprivation of liberty. The guidelines are extensive, specific and rigourously applied (and rightly so). These rights protect the individual from unfair deprivation of liberty and uphold their human rights. It ensures that, unless there is VERY clear cause, an individual cannot be held against their will or forced to undergo treatment.

I have worked in mental health services in the uk for many years and i couldn't begin to count the number of people who have been convinced that they are being stalked, harrased, spied on, mind controlled, conspired against and persecuted. It is a common delusion and detaining individuals that are simply expressing these delusions is not just wholly impractical (the numbers are too great and the facilities too few) but ethically unsound.

If we allow for the detention of individuals who express unusual ideas or exhibit unorthodox states of consciousness we are setting an extremely dangerous precedent. It is not hard to see that it would be VERY easy to abuse a system that allowed for such subjective interpretation of what is acceptable behaviour or thinking, and based on such vague notions of 'normalcy' or what is an acceptable state of consciousness.
Here, when dealing with individuals' rights to liberty, operating a policy of 'better to be safe than sorry' is simply not tenable. This is why there are clear, (largely) objective and (fairly) unambiguous criteria for detention.
Whilst i am unfamiliar with the specific workings of the US mental health system, it is clear that the basic criteria are similar to the UK; it must be demonstrated that an individual is an imminent risk to themselves or to others before they can be detained.
I could talk about this stuff all day but I'll stop here.. All i can say is that, i can sympathise with GodEmperors point of view. The system is far from perfect, there will always be cases that stir up controversy because it would seem on the surface that incidents could have been prevented. However, it is a necessary evil if we wish to uphold the rights and freedoms of the many people who suffer mental illness who do not pose a significant risk to society (which are the majority in fact).

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

originally posted by: 3daysgone
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Because the left is saying nothing is wrong with the vetting process. Because this was an act of terrorism no matter how you look at it. If they could not know that something was wrong with this guy, that diminishes this nations faith in their training and questions their agenda.

Again, this has nothing to do with vetting immigrants. And just because something is 'wrong' with somebody, does not give the FBI or anyone else the authority to detain them. Being mentally ill is not a crime. Had he done something criminal when he walked into the FBI field office, he would have been arrested.

You will run into things from time to time that you disagree with, but you do not tell me what to say on any platform that I may stand.

Cool it, Spartacus.

Lol

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I have quite a bitof knowledge with regards to schizophrenia as my sister and my son's dad both have the illness. I don't know how much things differ here in the UK but the law is someone can only be sectioned if they are a danger to the publicor themselves and even then it needs a full panel to agree. The Police deal with people day in day out and would really only be able to get an assessment if he had walked in saying ISIS were in his head and waving a machete or gun about. As it seems he went in merely to get help not acting aggressively the best they could do is tell him to voluntarily seek help at the hospital.

My ex partner has been well for years now but when he was younger he became paranoid and thought he had murdered someone. He went to the Police Station and they obviously realised he was ill and told him to go home and rest his brain. My ex partner is the least aggressive person I know and fortunately the Police saw this otherwise he could have been locked up in cells for nothing. Thr Police have to tread a thin line.

The only thing I dont understand is why he was allowed a gun still if he was so ill. It is just terribly sad as it sounds like his was a cry for help.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens

The only thing I dont understand is why he was allowed a gun still if he was so ill. It is just terribly sad as it sounds like his was a cry for help.

A very good point. Assuming the weapon was not illegally acquired, it would seem that, if there was a failure on the part of 'the system' it would be allowing someone who is suffering with a serious mental health condition access to firearms.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

How do they know it was just an hallucination unless they investigate it?! Okay...I am beginning to suspect trolling.

Not at all.

If you walk into an FBI office and tell them that the Army/CIA/NSA is making you watch ISIS videos, they're going to file it away as a nut case. They don't need to investigate it.

Yeah. As it turns out I guess it was a good thing that just set back and did nothing huh?

[csb on]
We once had a machinist we contracted with who was as loony as a hatter. The man was spectacular in terms of doing metal work. He was also really bright. But he was schizoaffective to the nth degree. If he was on his meds, he didn't have the mood swings. But he was still nuts. Totally hardcore nuts. He was able to function very well though. Married, made a very good living, lots of support system, plenty of friends. But still, nuts. You could have really in-depth conversations with him if you avoided the holes. He was very astute in history. Just avoid certain subjects unless you really wanted to rev him up. He was convinced that satellite mind control beams were trying to reprogram his mind, and that the NSA was projecting laser images of various things into his eyes. Somehow, he tied this together with the Grail legend and something to do with Lancelot, Romeo and Juliet. I couldn't follow it. If you let him spin up, he'd get flights of ideas, loose association and eventually clanging. But he wasn't breaking any laws. A cop couldn't walk in, smack him to the floor and put the cuffs on, because being nuts isn't a crime.
[csb off]

Damn, I think I know that guy. His name wasn't Derrick was it?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

How do they know it was just an hallucination unless they investigate it?! Okay...I am beginning to suspect trolling.

Not at all.

If you walk into an FBI office and tell them that the Army/CIA/NSA is making you watch ISIS videos, they're going to file it away as a nut case. They don't need to investigate it.

Yeah. As it turns out I guess it was a good thing that just set back and did nothing huh?

[csb on]
We once had a machinist we contracted with who was as loony as a hatter. The man was spectacular in terms of doing metal work. He was also really bright. But he was schizoaffective to the nth degree. If he was on his meds, he didn't have the mood swings. But he was still nuts. Totally hardcore nuts. He was able to function very well though. Married, made a very good living, lots of support system, plenty of friends. But still, nuts. You could have really in-depth conversations with him if you avoided the holes. He was very astute in history. Just avoid certain subjects unless you really wanted to rev him up. He was convinced that satellite mind control beams were trying to reprogram his mind, and that the NSA was projecting laser images of various things into his eyes. Somehow, he tied this together with the Grail legend and something to do with Lancelot, Romeo and Juliet. I couldn't follow it. If you let him spin up, he'd get flights of ideas, loose association and eventually clanging. But he wasn't breaking any laws. A cop couldn't walk in, smack him to the floor and put the cuffs on, because being nuts isn't a crime.
[csb off]

Damn, I think I know that guy. His name wasn't Derrick was it?
he's actually more right than you know. My doctor turned me onto the idea of bio-programming. I hear voices, and have techniques that halt them. They just get meaner and more intent. Like a technology programmed to.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Army psychiatrist being interviewed on CNN said the FBI should have contacted the proper mental health department to 'get the ball rolling' for him to receive help.

I pointed this out before, and have been reinforced by professionals.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

And the FBI state that he denied having homicidal or suicidal intent, was calm and rational, with the exception of hearing voices. He was also already receiving psych treatment. That sort of ends that.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

Since the term Schizoid is a loose politically correct term like Autistic. Used to define someone not reading from the same page as the majority. Then since the amount of people becoming defined as Autistic is going through the roof. It looks like your going to loose your gun some time soon.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Just picked up on this thread. Could be an explanation.

Schumann Resonances, Electro Magnetism, and the Brain.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 9-1-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join