It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN In Deep Trouble For Defending Thugs Who Kidnapped And Tortured Special Needs Man

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Wow. That was some cocktail of double-think, hypocrisy, audacity, willful stupidity, and brazen bigotry spewing out of Ms Sanders mouth. Wow. Move over, Cynthia McKinney. The Left now has a new queen of the raving moon-bats, and her name is Symone.

It doesn't require a genius to see that this not only qualifies as a hate crime, it qualifies as a DOUBLE hate crime, because the victim was not only targeted and abused for his race, he is also disabled.

What is extra sickening is that they chose a victim who likely is mentally and legally incapable of voting for anyone, let alone understanding what the hell the presidency means.

I should be shocked that this is even an issue of debate, but nothing shocks my anymore.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

It is perfectly ok with me that she says that, what bothers me just a little is that CNN still gives her their forum.

Can you imagine if this were a white on disabled black person crime and some white guy said it wasn't a hate crime. And goes further to suggest that if the colors were reversed (black on disabled white) that it would be. There would be demonstrations out front of CNN and all the fun that comes with that.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant
Not sure how many different labels we need to give things. Hate crime, crime of passion etc.

Crime is crime. Punish them appropriately

Crimes of passion are very very different to premeditated crime. They're defined for good reason.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

True, there is a reason for a degrees of murder, crimes of passion and hate crimes.

Of course the person isn't more dead, if they are killed in a crime of passion, but the circumstances are taken into account. We know we are human and very stressful situations lead to uncommon reactions.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

Could anyone please show me their proof of the racist things Trump has done during this election?

I haven't seen racist ...

what i see is..
Culture Shame & Culture Slander
that I do ...

I can easily say that : America Had Enough and I tend to agree with that..

I say The Statue of Liberty should close her Book and extinguish the torch ( for a little while )
till we can take care of our own... FIRST!!

Muslims and Boarder Jumpers .. Mexicans, Canadians,

This , Happens Frequently here where I am from ....
Foreigners that go to Canada then try to sneak in The US
The Asian and Arabic Groups mostly Pakistanis... ( Muslims ) Hell there's even
a Movie Based on the Smuggling of Illegals at the Canadian Boarder
right in my back yard ... Called Frozen River

Frozen River
en.wikipedia.org...

The film is set shortly before Christmas in the North Country of Upstate New York, near the Akwesasne ('Where the Partridge Drums') St. Regis Mohawk Reservation and the border crossing to Cornwall, Ontario. Ray Eddy (Melissa Leo) is a discount store clerk struggling to raise two sons with her husband, a compulsive gambler who has disappeared with the funds she had earmarked to finance the purchase of a double-wide mobile home. While searching for him, she encounters Lila Littlewolf (Misty Upham), a Mohawk bingo-parlor employee who is driving his car, which she claims she found abandoned with the keys in the ignition at the local bus station. The two women, who have both fallen on hard economic times, form a desperate and uneasy alliance and begin trafficking illegal immigrants from Canada into the United States across the frozen St. Lawrence River for $1,200 each.

So it just Not Mexico and the Mexicans Americans try to say it Racist !

WOW ...

Its Not Racist its Culture A Foreigner ..from a different country Culture Problem ,,

Well then Again Mexicans are Like a New Race...
a Big Mix of Europe ( Spanish ) and Native American
which some wouldn't want to Admit ..

they kinda,, like Me in a way just they are south of the boarder..
where i am North of the boarder

and There a lot of Generations of Mexican American in Texas and California Nevada new mexico etc..
and I assume Trumps not referring to them .. just the illegals

edit on 02017SundayfAmerica/Chicago17 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Wow after seeing the video the Op Posted

Symone Sanders

Needs
to watch two movies

Malcolm X

And

American History X

Well thank Goodness He didnt DIE
White People of Chicago didn't Start rioting ... and Ran sacked & Burned their City Down
I doubt it though ..

like the MLK Riots , Roddeny King Riots , Ferguson riots, ( Michael Brown ) Baltimore riots ( Freddie gray ) etc..

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

The CNN reporter also claims he thinks this is not evil, and he doesn't know anyone 17 years old, or 70 years old who would do this, and then asks "where are their parents, where are their guardians"...

First of all, these evil idiots are 18 years old, which means they are adults. Second of all, he hasn't seen what the extreme left have been doing lately?... This CNN reporter hasn't seen BLM protesters publicly call for the deaths of white people and police officers?...

This CNN reporter hasn't seen the violence, and destruction of property caused by the left wing extremists in response for the election of President elect Donald Trump?

There is evil on all sides of the political spectrum, but a lot of people in the left, including CNN seem unable to see that the violent responses from left-wing extremists are on a rise... Heck, President Obama has backed, and endorsed BLM... The left calls Trump and his supporters racists because neo-nazis seem to agree on some of the things President elect Trump wants to do. But here is the thing, President elect Donald Trump hasn't backed or endorsed neo-nazis, yet President Obama does endorse an extremist left-wing group that does call for the deaths of white people and police officers...

Not to mention, does the left think that our military personnel are in favor of President Obama, when in his farewell speech to our military he was met with empty seats?

Under President Obama he has demoralized our police officers, and has backed and endorsed a hate group known as BLM which has called for the deaths of police officers...

Under President Obama he, and his administration has demoralized and embarrassed our military on many occasions, such as ordering military personnel to wear women's shoes and march on these shoes. (WTF is in the head of Obama's Czars and appointees?) and Obama and his administration has been attacking our military left and right...

Under President Obama's watch the left has labeled regular Americans who lean politically to the right, veterans, etc as 'possible extremists/possible terrorists... under Obama's watch the Justice Department has claimed that groups like SPLC have been helping Obama's government fight extremism, yet SPLC (South Poverty Law Center) has labeled people like Ron Paul, and Judge Andrew Napolitano amongst others as "extremists"... SPLC also labels as "extremists" conspiracy theorists who believe in conspiracies such as "9/11".

The increase in violence is in great part to blame on the current administration who has been feeding people in the left and right into becoming more extremists, and by demonizing and labeling as extremists regular Americans whose only crime is to lean politically to the right.

Let me make my case.

Not to mention the "left-wing establishment" wanting to claims "criminals are not to be blamed for their crimes. Instead the "left-wing establishment" blames society, their parents, etc, are to blame". By claiming criminals are not to be blamed for their acts, individual responsibility is gone out the window, so many youngsters are conditioned to believe it is okay for them to resort to becoming criminals. After all, it is not them who are at fault, and because of society, or their parents, or something else are the reasons why these people become criminals.

The overall left-wing establishment is to blame for this increase in "left-wing extremism". But we are not to forget, that the blame falls on individuals from whatever political party they belong to who resort to committing crimes. But the left-wing establishment took away "personal responsibility".

BTW, I know not everyone who is left-wing agrees with the "let's not blame criminals for their crimes", but the left-wing establishment in general is the one at fault.

edit on 8-1-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   
At least this has been classified as a hate crime, which increases the potential sentence. Hopefully they each get life in prison.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=21725576]seasonal[/post

“That is not a hate crime. Hate crimes are because of a person’s racial ethnicity, their religion, their gender, a disability, it isn’t your political leanings, because someone doesn’t like you’re political leanings and they do something bad to you, that is not a hate crime,” she said despite the objective fact that that is illogical.

This p***ed me off (Symone Sanders, not the OP). I highlighted above the, in my opinion, the three motivations for this attack, two of them, by Symone's own admission are considered hate crimes. Had race and disability not been raised on the video, by the perpetrators this would not have been a hate crime...

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=21725576]seasonal[/post

“That is not a hate crime. Hate crimes are because of a person’s racial ethnicity, their religion, their gender, a disability, it isn’t your political leanings, because someone doesn’t like you’re political leanings and they do something bad to you, that is not a hate crime,” she said despite the objective fact that that is illogical.

This p***ed me off (Symone Sanders, not the OP). I highlighted above the, in my opinion, the three motivations for this attack, two of them, by Symone's own admission are considered hate crimes. Had race and disability not been raised on the video, by the perpetrators this would not have been a hate crime...

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I agree: there shouldn't be repercussions for free speech or publishing an opinion or theory, but the the title of the thread implied "deep trouble" - usually indicative of a penalty. In fact there are repercussions for opinions and theories, pizza gate is a primary case in point. The state played it's hand on that one, however, you won't see the same censorship exercised against pundits employed by the MSM.

These are not cases of slander or libel, these are people's judgements about events or materials.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

If you own a mass media outlet and you have talking heads on which promote lies, assist in creating a racial divide and support the actions of terrorists, both morally and ethically you as a manager or owner are intrinsically tied to that support and those statements. You can put up all the disclaimers you want, but if you don't work against those statements and sentiments, you are equally guilty. Silence is consent, right?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
It's remarkable that nearly every word in the title of this thread is a lie. CNN didn't defend anyone. The one person on the panel who argued a hate crime designation was premature didn't, either. No one is in trouble for having an opinion. The propensity of the far-right extremists on ATS to lie unconvincingly but until the bitter end is truly a thing to behold.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
That was not the stance of CNN. It was on guest and I didn't see everyone in agreement with her. You get those moments on every major news outlet.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join