It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN In Deep Trouble For Defending Thugs Who Kidnapped And Tortured Special Needs Man

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

Agreed, while I would love to hop in a time machine and save these people when they were little, if that is even possible, we can't.

They need to be separated from "normal" people, but can we instill a moral compass in these broken people?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

It does seem really stupid. People who commit violent crimes against other people certainly don't do it out of love, do they? Categorising only certain things as hate crimes implies that they are somehow more reprehensible. Beating the hell out of someone for no apparent reason is a crime...but doing it because of racial or sexual orientation or religious views is somehow a greater crime. It makes no sense at all. You can't quantify hatred.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

So let's get this straight. This is impactful and divisive:

"My main message is to the parents of Trayvon Martin. You know, if I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon. All of us as Americans are going to take this with the seriousness it deserves."

but this garbage is neither impactful or divisive?

"Sadly, the overwhelming amount of violent crime in our major cities is committed by blacks and Hispanics – a tough subject – must be discussed"

That was a tweet from June. Apparently we really need to talk about how non-whites commit all the violent crime! Nothing divisive about that right?

"If you look at his wife, she was standing there, she had nothing to say, she probably — maybe she wasn’t allowed to have anything to say, you tell me"

What do you believe our next President was saying there? That because the family was Muslim, the woman was browbeaten and not allowed to speak?

"I can tell you that some of the women that are complaining, I know how much he’s helped them"

Women sexually harassed by Roger Ailes are lying "complainers" who have really been helped by Roger Ailes.

"I refuse to call Megyn Kelly a bimbo, because that would not be politically correct. Instead I will only call her a lightweight reporter!"

He refuses to call a female reporter who dared challenge him a bimbo (*wink* *wink*).

I could go on and on. I'm sure you haven't forgotten the Mexican rapists comment that got him such a warm welcoming on the West Coast?

I have to wonder how much you believe your own s# my friend!

As for the OP:

I don't know a single person who cares what Simone Sanders says. Don Lemon I'm sure has a few fans but it's not like anyone looks to Don Lemon's opinion to inform their own. He wouldn't make anyone's top 50 list of most influential liberals in the media. In fact, the most influential aren't really on CNN and the top 10 list has maybe 2-3 news personalities/journalists in it. What the left has in spades are smartass political comedians.

I just don't see CNN being "in deep trouble" about this because the people who are extra butthurt watch Fox News anyway. Don Lemon clearly doesn't gaf and after his drunken ear piercing on live televsion, I'd say his bosses don't really gaf either.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Point out the racism. PLEASE!

If you believe in the video that you posted. Give us a timestamp that we can reference from the 40+ minutes.
edit on 6-1-2017 by chadderson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

I'd like to think that racism has nothing to do with this. Just the fact that I'd like them to be raped in prison is all.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Hmm.. When she first started talking, she said "It's unfathomable that so much HATE and anger can fill up a person". What an idiot who just admit it was a hate crime without even realizing it.. And I like the way she said how they were stupid for streaming it on Facebook, which yes they were, but she smirked and said it in such a way that she wishes they did not get caught.

edit on 6-1-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

link   
a reply to: windword

I gave you a chance. With open mind I watched 15 minutes. You really put yourself out there with that one. I hope you understand why we watched this. It was to give you a fair chance.

It appears that you have been programmed. There is something wrong and many here see it, yet you don't. I cant put a finger on what has happened to you, and my best guess is, no one else in here can either. There is no way that you can see what we are seeing about you. I don't know how to help you. I really wish I could. It is as if you have been programmed by some government entity, or some unseen being. You have gotten lost and have no idea. We cant find you, though we are doing our best.

I just want to appollogise to you right here and now. I will be thinking long and hard about this, and how I have failed you. All I can say is that Im sorry, and I havnt given up.
Sit tight, Your goin to be ok. We will come for you just as soon as we get this sorted out

link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Is the majority of violent crime committed by non-whites?

I don't know what he was saying, and I am not familiar with the quote. Is there a reason Trump would think that a married Muslim women wouldn't be allowed to speak?

Kelley used Trump to make some pretty nice $ when she switched networks, very smart.

The title is from the story, not my doing.
edit on 6-1-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

I missed the hate thing, good point. She sees 2 Americas and race is at the core of everything someone does.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Neutradol

I'd like to think that racism has nothing to do with this. Just the fact that I'd like them to be raped in prison is all.

I can't argue with that.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Of course if something is wrong, then there needs to be an honest conversation. Timing is everything, and Obama's seemed off.
And I bet it is Ok for honest conversations unless it is your town, your property or your loved one becoming a victim.

If it involved my family, then yes, I would be brutally honest.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

My point was that when the POTUS says thing that insight riots, people and stuff get broken and burned.

I would love to be able to say what ever I feel, but there are consequences in life, measured controlled messages instead of shooting from the hip.
edit on 6-1-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Ladies and gentleman, I give you James T. Harris. In my opinion, his rant is spot on. I wish Trump could find a spot for him in his administration.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

"My main message is to the parents of Trayvon Martin. You know, if I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon. All of us as Americans are going to take this with the seriousness it deserves."

Well it can be considered divisive, since he hasn't, yet, said anything about the kid that was kidnapped. You know, like he just doesn't care about that kid.

"Sadly, the overwhelming amount of violent crime in our major cities is committed by blacks and Hispanics – a tough subject – must be discussed"

Is he lying, or do the stats say the same thing? If you consider the truth divisive, then your argument becomes invalid.

"If you look at his wife, she was standing there, she had nothing to say, she probably — maybe she wasn’t allowed to have anything to say, you tell me"

So it is wrong to say that certain members of religion don't allow their wives to speak? Even if it is the truth. He said he didn't know if she was allowed. That does happen you know. If the truth offends you then you might have a problem.

Trump is the type of guy that if you attack him, he will attack you. We all know that. That is not a bad thing when dealing with the corrupt media, or even people who are being used, by the left to win an election.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

My point was that when the POTUS says thing that insight riots, people and stuff get broken and burned.

I would love to be able to say what ever I feel, but there are consequences in life, measured controlled messages instead of shooting from the hip.

I don't disagree with you. I just feel different about it.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

Sometimes its better to just carry a gun and rely upon the fact that drug addled brains don't shoot as straight as a non addled brain. But I suppose defending yourself with that advantage would be a hate crime now.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Sanders is one the ugliest hate-filled racists I have ever seen on mainstream media -
almost to the point of being unbelievable, like a Colbert-esque caricature of the most revolting racist bigot stereotypes.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Seems like a fair description, she was in rare form on the video.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

CNN should really be on trial for inciting hate crimes and ok'ing them as less abusive than they really are.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join