It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Wall Is a Racist Monument---Still say they are not paying for the wall---

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: olaru12

Since chimichangas are TexMex the SJW's have probably banned those in all 48 states as being racist and offensive. Trry googling "bigot burritos" it should come up!

The best chimichangas aren't built in Texas. Try Pasquales in Santa Fe or Sadies in Tamalewood. TexMex is an abomination compared to NM comida.
edit on 6-1-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

because a lot of people don`t seem to know what the definition of the word is they just like to throw it around because they know it gets a rise out of people and draws attention to what they are saying.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Hillary was for the wall, until the winds changed. If she was POTUS the wall would not be built.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Hillary was for the wall, until the winds changed. If she was POTUS the wall would not be built.

barry Obama voted for the 2006 secure fence act that authorized the construction of a 700 mile fence on the Mexican border.
The act passed 80 yeas- 19 nays, the fence was built.

www.govtrack.us...
edit on 6-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Wow a fence? I'm surprised he didn't dither and miss the vote.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
Seriously, how awesome would that be to have mexico under the flag..everyones lives would be enriched..especially them when they get minimum wage and employee standards.

How in the blue hell does that enrich the lives of American citizens?

When your neighbor trashes his 40 acres you don't offer to buy the land from him, let him keep living there, and take on all of the burdens he's created... you build a sturdy fence and post signs letting him know if he crosses onto your property, lead will fly.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

Because it was effective. People used to listen when the word racism was yelled. Now it is over used and loss it punch.
edit on 6-1-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
It is amazing how many people are losing their snip over that wall.

It is infrastructure spending.

It is a shovel ready job.

It's union and illegal immigrant work which they would be sending back to Mexico.

Last Wall built to keep foreign invaders out become one of the seven wonders of the world.

Why waste money on a wall instead of real infrastructure being fixed? Do you think Flint is an isolated event?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
Why waste money on a wall instead of real infrastructure being fixed? Do you think Flint is an isolated event?

If we'd had the damn wall and a strong national protectionist trade policy left in place, Flint never would have happened because Mexico never would have been freely offered Flint's manufacturing job prosperity and they could have afforded the cleaner water from the Great Lake instead of the closer, cheaper river of sewage they switched to.

ETA: Build the freaking wall and build the bastard NOW. When 99% of the people believe it is high enough, add another 5 feet to the top of it and call it a day.
edit on 6-1-2017 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
What happens in 10 years when Mexico is building a wall to keep American's out?

I mean holy hell people....look who you elected?

I know it all came down to "do i hate Hillary more than I am mortified by Trump?". And for that I blame the DNC. Really? Hillary?

I might just volunteer. Get on board early, set up a nice little shop in Piedras Negras or something. Wouldn't bother me to live out my days known as "El Guero Grande" to the locals.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I have no issue with protecting our borders. Our government is a 3 legged stool (protect our borders, our currency, and our markets), and if uncle sam fails at any of those three, none of it works (hows that for some fancy engineering analysis?)

I'd call the wall a "stretch goal", behind renegotiating appropriate trade deals, stabilizing (and upvaluing) the dollar, and driving domestic job growth outside of the service sector.

Essentially: rebuild the middle class.

The United States with a strong middle class is the world juggernaut. And we don't even need to be.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven
a reply to: seasonal

Trump should pay for his own damn wall, not the American tax payer.

The American tax payers are losing 90 billion dollars a year because of illegal aliens, so a 10 billion dollar wall would be a no-brainer investment for the American tax payer.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
What happens in 10 years when Mexico is building a wall to keep American's out?

...we build catapults and trebuchets large enough to get those "Americans" over Mexico's wall and into the land the "Americans" want to be in.

Seriously, if Mexico wishes to build a wall, I welcome them to do so. Border security and national protection is every nation's purest duty to their citizens.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

If it weren't for the county officials enforcing the assessed taxes, you could literally disappear in Presidio County.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

If it weren't for the county officials enforcing the assessed taxes, you could literally disappear in Presidio County.

Born in Luna County, NM... I know all about the border country. I also know that there are plenty of locals who know everything and *everyone* who cross their swath of desert scrub... they just don't say a whole lot about it to any authorities unless motivated to do so. A whole lot of that lack of motivation stems from decades of authorities doing jack and squat to sincerely address the illegals issue.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

They (the coyotes/cartel/bad guys) will kill you for messing with their operation. They've done it. Raid a house in the middle of the night.

If i owned border property, i wouldn't say jack to anyone. Discretion keeps you alive in that part of the world.
edit on 1/6/2017 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

They (the coyotes/cartel/bad guys) will kill you for messing with their operation. They've done it. Raid a house in the middle of the night.

If i owned border property, i wouldn't say jack to anyone. Discretion keeps you alive in that part of the world.

Yup. This is impetus for the wall, but even more than the wall, we should have National Guard patroling 100% of our border 24/7. Drug lords, human trafickers, hell even the cracked eggs in the Santeria adhering cartels around Juarez and Chihuahua have nothing to counter the United States military. The DEA may be some bad asses and they're well equipped, but they're not a military force. The failure has been seen in treating border security as a side issue of criminal prosecution of trafficking... change that to make border security a primary focus, enforced via a live fire zone along the US side of the wall and things will change real fast.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
Former president Fox said there is no way he is paying for the wall calling it a racist monument and called Trump Illegitimate.

Two valid points!

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

Validated by whom? The Dems?

Is the Great Wall of China a racist wall too?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
...a live fire zone along the US side of the wall and things will change real fast.

Look at how well it worked for East Berlin, and every other totalitarian regime!
But, of course, it's not a totalitarian regime thing when 'we' do it!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join