It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNC ‘Russian Hacking’ Conclusion Comes from Google-Linked Firm

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I wonder why the Chinese didn't get any grief when they influenced our elections and policy by buying Bill Clinton?
New York Times
The Dems never wanted to nuke the Chinese over that.
edit on b000000312017-01-06T20:45:16-06:0008America/ChicagoFri, 06 Jan 2017 20:45:16 -0600800000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Your story links to NYT. NYT has had it in for Trump from the get go and I consider them propaganda news.

I don't think Russia did the hack. Please watch the McAfee youtube I posted.

I have followed Breibart since before Andrew Breibart died. I trust them. If Media Matters now views them as more of the threat than Fox News that just validates my belief.

Politico: Media Matters to Train Focus on Breitbart Instead of Fox News

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: sad_eyed_lady

Make a thread!

He's a cool guy!

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   
you unseal one lie, they make new lie fortune.com... it turns out these "Russian" hackers for many years poured baby prono in computers American pedophiles, tomorrow they say that it Russian implemented in McDonald's meat of your missing children. repeated tested and working scenario decades of lies directed against Muslims whose only fault that they occupy the land necessary for the expansion of a small but smelly lie and evil country

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Could someone explain why it matters whether or not anything is connected to Google?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: network dude

Firstly, we should have taken action back in 2014-2015 with the various "Pawn Storm" attacks leading to intrusions into the nonsecure Pentagon and White House emails systems (and numerous intrusions in networks of our NATO allies).

Had the Obama Administration acted then, maybe these more recent hacks wouldn't have happened. So in that regard, shame on President Obama.

To answer your question though, I don't know that any of the recent hacks are more important than the earlier hacks but I personally find the intent behind the recent hacks (regardless of how much impact the hacks actually yielded) to be of particular great concern.

And do you believe that we may have hacked another country at some point in time?

Of course we have and that's public knowledge (Stuxnet?) and you can bet there's massive amounts of hacking that isn't. However, if we got busted doing the same s# to Russia do you think they'd be sitting on their hands and saying "Oh well! We had that one coming?"

thanks for answering honestly. If you look at this from an outside in perspective, it really makes this look like a last ditch effort to make the election appear to be dishonest, when in reality, nothing in the voting process was hampered, and Americans were still free to choose whichever devil they wished from the choice given. A few inconvenient truth's were revealed, which point to a much bigger problem in our democratic process, and should be looked into on both sides.

And knowing that we hack others to gain intel, Punishing anyone for the same thing is idiotic. Instead of a few weeks of tears all over the major networks, some better network security should have been the response. But that's just a low level computer guy's opinion. Again, thanks for your time.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

The only "crime" I can see with the release of these documents is the act of informing the American people the truth and allowing them to make up their own minds. The real crime would have been for this information to have never been told.

I must ask that age old question ... "When does speaking the truth become a crime?"

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

thanks for answering honestly. If you look at this from an outside in perspective, it really makes this look like a last ditch effort to make the election appear to be dishonest,

That was the point of the hack. The strategy was brilliant: If Clinton won, she was hamstrung by the emails. If Trump won, he would be hamstrung because he was under a cloud. Either way, Russia wins.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinymind

The only "crime" I can see with the release of these documents is the act of informing the American people the truth and allowing them to make up their own minds. The real crime would have been for this information to have never been told.

I must ask that age old question ... "When does speaking the truth become a crime?"

This has been my take on the whole thing from the start. Let's assume that Russia DID perpetrate these hacks (not convinced either way personally): ok, fair enough, that's a pretty major concern and a national security issue, and is certainly worthy of reporting as such.
However, that is separate to the issues that were revealed in the leaked information. No one has said that the information leaked is fabricated, only that it wasn't meant to be made available to the (voting) public. If the hack has shone a light on corruption and wrongdoing within the government then surely this is a good thing?
Furthermore, it seems to me that the corruption is now a separate issue from the National security concern. Conflating the two seems like a clear attempt to use one to cover the other. IMO, that should be a cause for concern, regardless of your political persuasion.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Thank you for this! Soon the media forwarded information wars will be snuffed out like the cheap backwoods candle powered puppet show that they are. The real information can no longer be contained as the real age of anonymous is undeniably here. Let all the truly free peoples do as they will minus the projected glow in the dark dog tags that the media has been neck hanging for so long. May we all prosper as the bloated heads of evil men like George Soros wither and die like the rotten fruit they pedal. We have won!

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
All this heavy propaganda being barfed out at the American people to the point senators and congressmen are being hoodwinked, but I am glad a majority of the American people didn't and don't trust it.

McAfee made some really good points, and besides the hack exposed corruption and shady activity.

I would like to know if one illegal act that exposes corporation and evil truths, of the two, which is worse ?

It's like if some form of illegal surveillance exposes the truth of a murder, what is worse the murder or illegal surveillance ?
My point of view is that this whole discussion is futile, we are so focused on HOW bad things were exposed, not on the bad the things themselves, that is what this propaganda is pushing.

I am glad most of us at ATS are ahead of the curve on this and see right through this, sure there are a few diehard Hillary people still beating a dead horse by continuing to post because of their personal cognitive dissonance, but hey there are always going to be those few on every topic.

edit on 7-1-2017 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indrasweb

This has been my take on the whole thing from the start. Let's assume that Russia DID perpetrate these hacks (not convinced either way personally): ok, fair enough, that's a pretty major concern and a national security issue, and is certainly worthy of reporting as such.
However, that is separate to the issues that were revealed in the leaked information. No one has said that the information leaked is fabricated, only that it wasn't meant to be made available to the (voting) public. If the hack has shone a light on corruption and wrongdoing within the government then surely this is a good thing?
Furthermore, it seems to me that the corruption is now a separate issue from the National security concern. Conflating the two seems like a clear attempt to use one to cover the other. IMO, that should be a cause for concern, regardless of your political persuasion.

Perfectly put. Welcome to ATS.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Schmidt was spotted at Clinton’s nixed election night party wearing a “staff” badge.

I would really love to see some good video of this nixed party. Especially some of Shillary's reaction Hahaha! I think I could watch it all year!

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: RiptKeys
And now this article just came out.

As we reported yesterday, Lithuania confirmed the presence of U.S. special forces inside its territory, stating the deployment’s purpose is to train local forces and act as a deterrent against Russian aggression. Supposedly, the move is in response to a "escalation" by Vladimir Putin, who has been deploying nuke-ready missiles in the Russian province of Kaliningrad located in the heart of central Europe. This move has prompted the neighboring Baltic states to become “highly concerned” about Russian military activity. Furthermore, sometime during the spring of 2017, NATO is expected to send battalions of 800 to 1,200 troops to each of the Baltic States and Poland. The mainstream media has even dubbed NATO’s recent buildup the alliance’s “biggest military buildup on Russia’s borders since the Cold War.” Even Great Britain will be sending fighter jets, as well as troops to Romania in order to counter Russia in the region.

Nothing to see here folks. Keep paying attention to the FF down in Florida.

Hundreds of Tanks

The author of that article appears on several propaganda sites. Tyler Durden? Come on man. We're trying to figure out what's going on. Stop cluttering with obvious crap.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indrasweb

Excellent. Well done.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

thanks for answering honestly. If you look at this from an outside in perspective, it really makes this look like a last ditch effort to make the election appear to be dishonest,

That was the point of the hack. The strategy was brilliant: If Clinton won, she was hamstrung by the emails. If Trump won, he would be hamstrung because he was under a cloud. Either way, Russia wins.

And to think, all Russia had to do was reveal the truth.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: sad_eyed_lady
Can we say major conflict of interest here?

PUHLLLEEESE stop the BS...

Your headline could have read...
DNC ‘Russian Hacking’ Conclusion Comes from TRUMP-Linked Firm

The Trump campaign has hired security firm CrowdStrike, which also is assisting the Democratic National Committee
www.reuters.com...

Aug 19, 2016 - There is no evidence that the Trump campaign has been breached. But out of caution, the campaign has hired Crowdstrike

thehill.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: DJW001

And to think, all Russia had to do was reveal the truth.

Yep. The government put itself in a horrible situation after decades and decades of building up this system and now America has to do some soul searching. Russia has it's own problems and isn't coming out of this well either. Putin demands respect, but it's hard to be taken seriously as the leader of an entire nation when he's accused of playing games on the computer. Just the CIA and FBI slapping the label on him as the one who ordered the hack makes Putin look very very bad to the west and that's what this is all about. Getting access to the western economy.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Trump hired CrowdStrike to test them.

He wanted to find out if they are easily bought-off.

He will be outing them soon enough.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: sad_eyed_lady
Can we say major conflict of interest here?

PUHLLLEEESE stop the BS...

Your headline could have read...
DNC ‘Russian Hacking’ Conclusion Comes from TRUMP-Linked Firm

The Trump campaign has hired security firm CrowdStrike, which also is assisting the Democratic National Committee
www.reuters.com...

Aug 19, 2016 - There is no evidence that the Trump campaign has been breached. But out of caution, the campaign has hired Crowdstrike

thehill.com...

A little disconnect here. The article headline (&link):

DNC ‘Russian Hacking’ Conclusion Comes from Google-Linked Firm

CrowdStrike, the third-party company relied upon by the FBI to make its assessment about alleged Russian hacking into the Democratic National Committee (DNC), was financed to the tune of $100 million from a funding drive last year led by Google Capital.

Throwing down $100 million could buy alot of influence.

Enjoy the link to Eric Schmidt, chairman of Alphabet, Inc. parent company of Google wearing a staff badge to the Clinton after election party.

www.politico.com...

I call that a breeding ground for collusion.

Another thing that strikes me as odd is the Crowdstrike is referred to as pretty good. Saying "pretty good" gives the intelligence community a place to point the finger if scrutiny of the report gets a

edit on 1/7/2017 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join