It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are the men in black and what is their origin?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The men in black are a topic that is closely related to the UFO phenomenon, but what is their origin and how are they related to the mothman?

The Men in Black turned up during the famous “Mothman” sightings at Point Pleasant, West Virginia, in the 1960s. The Mothman Prophecies movie was based on the book of the same title written by legendary Fortean author, John Keel, and told the story of this ominous, glowing-eyed, winged creature seen in and around Point Pleasant in the mid-to-late 1960s. Despite its cartoon-style name, Mothman was a very unsettling, shadowy thing that haunted the town’s old TNT plant and hung around in the shadows, like some grim-reaper-style thing.

Men in black have been popping up, usually whenever someone claims to have recently sighted a UFO. Shortly after each sighting, the person in question is visited by strange men who usually wear black suits, black ties, and white shirts.The details and motives sometimes vary, but even stranger are the variations in the descriptions of the men in question. While some tales simply describe them as cold, aloof gentlemen wearing black suits, others say that they get an uncanny vibe from those who visit them. The stories tell of men who are unnaturally bald, men who talk in an almost robotic voice and wear lipstick over lipless mouths. Some suggest that they are from another world, disguising themselves as humans to learn our ways. Others believe that they are experimental cyborgs in the employ of the government. The truth behind the men in black is still shrouded in mystery, and we may never know the identity of these strange stalkers.

Does anyone know earlier mentionings of the MIB? Any recent cases that are worth mentioning?

edit on 6-1-2017 by SirBlackKnight because: wrong link

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Back when the term was first coined they all wore dark suits and ties. Secret Service. FBI, CIA, etc. They looked out of place because they were, compared to ordinary people on the street.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Several good reads about this on ATS already if you use the search function. Men In Black is a broad term.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Nowadays? I think they're androids or at best hybrids, created deep beneath the earth in caverns we dare not speak.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: LuXTeN
Nowadays? I think they're androids or at best hybrids, created deep beneath the earth in caverns we dare not speak.
John Lear, you finally back? Lol j/k and not much would shock me anymore!

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

John who?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LuXTeN

Sounds interesting, you got any good sources for that?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SirBlackKnight

I wish Sir that I did. It's all up here being viewed Remotely.
edit on 6-1-2017 by LuXTeN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
my take based on several programs I have watched over the years, including "UFO Files", "UFO Hunters", and others is that in many cases the men in black show up to either intimidate and/or threaten witnesses. From what group or branch of the military and/or government they come from is the $50 million dollar question.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Time travelers?
Robots?
Clones?
R&B Singers?

I've always been entertained by the descriptions that indicate they might not be entirely human. I've never seen any actual proof of them being anything, though.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Here is an oldie but goodie. I have wondered too about the subject. Apparently the people behind the counter at this hotel claimed that they had no eyebrows and just looked odd.

edit on 6-1-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

try searching the interwebs for men in black and nick redfern

@BlueShift

I've never seen any actual proof of them being anything, though.

The proof(too strong of a word here), is same story told from multiple encounters.

From the following link

Despite the passing of the decades, and of the many and varied changes in fashions, the preferred mode of dress of these bone-chilling characters never, ever alters in the slightest, at all: it always consists of a well-preserved black suit, a black Fedora- or Homburg-style hat, black sunglasses, a black necktie, black socks and shoes, and a crisp, shining white shirt.

another

the vast majority of these curious characters appear to be of a very different breed altogether. According to numerous, fantastic witness testimony and countless case-studies secured since the early years of the 1950s, the real MIB may very possibly be alien entities themselves

a video from Nick

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I wish I could be there when the men in black showed up at these various locations. I have always wanted to confront them amd ask them my own questions. Too bad itll never happen though. That would be the only exciting thing to happen in my life. Guess those witnesses are the lucky ones.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

You need to read ATS member: THE GUT's brilliant thread on the MIB, the entire thread is an eye-opener least of all because it was infiltrated by persons unknown (subsequently banned) who didn't like what my man was delivering....

You won't be disappointed.

The Men In Black(OPs) The Aviary & UFOs

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
what if

in multiple parallel earths
they exist

imagine someone hopping universes
being something they track..

now where's my cat....
edit on 6-1-2017 by kibric because: ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
The MIB’s actually first appeared in 1947 and in the 50’s.

In 1947, Harold Dahl claimed to have been warned not to talk about his alleged UFO sighting on Maury Island by a man in a dark suit. In the mid 1950s, the ufologist Albert K. Bender claimed he was visited by men in dark suits who threatened and warned him not to continue investigating UFOs. Bender believed the men in black were secret government agents tasked with suppressing evidence of UFOs. The ufologist John Keel claimed to have had encounters with men in black and referred to them as "demonic supernaturals" with "dark skin and/or “exotic” facial features". According to the ufologist Jerome Clark, reports of men in black represent "experiences" that "don’t seem to have occurred in the world of consensus reality".[4]

en.wikipedia.org...

Now we have Woman in Black, Kids with black eyes and other weird beings running around

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
GUT’S thread Sublimecraft is pointing out here is probably one of the most fascinating and interesting threads in the history of ATS.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It covers all the bases

Anyway the only way were ever going to understand any of this stuff is to start dealing with worlds or what some call alternative universes…

Though these MIB, along with we in our world, obviously are somehow kind of connection together( worlds within worlds sort of).

The problem is that humans have to develop what’s known as psychic attributes to ever be able to clearly comprehend any of this stuff.

The 5 sense and intellect can only go so far.

But one should never want to expand their awareness just to understand MIB or other weird phenomenon.

The motivation or intention has to be right

I could say to you:

The MIB are a manifestation of the inner and outer Elliptical world where the corruption has been avoided and therefore are connected to us through this Elliptical world though they originate in another realm within that cosmic sphere—therefore they often interfere with us when certain realities intrude.

In other words they want to keep us dumb

All this is just intellection, one has to experience

You have to learn this indirectly from another field of knowledge
Expand...

edit on 6-1-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirBlackKnight
The men in black are a topic that is closely related to the UFO phenomenon, but what is their origin and how are they related to the mothman?

The Men in Black turned up during the famous “Mothman” sightings at Point Pleasant, West Virginia, in the 1960s. The Mothman Prophecies movie was based on the book of the same title written by legendary Fortean author, John Keel, and told the story of this ominous, glowing-eyed, winged creature seen in and around Point Pleasant in the mid-to-late 1960s. Despite its cartoon-style name, Mothman was a very unsettling, shadowy thing that haunted the town’s old TNT plant and hung around in the shadows, like some grim-reaper-style thing.

Men in black have been popping up, usually whenever someone claims to have recently sighted a UFO. Shortly after each sighting, the person in question is visited by strange men who usually wear black suits, black ties, and white shirts.The details and motives sometimes vary, but even stranger are the variations in the descriptions of the men in question. While some tales simply describe them as cold, aloof gentlemen wearing black suits, others say that they get an uncanny vibe from those who visit them. The stories tell of men who are unnaturally bald, men who talk in an almost robotic voice and wear lipstick over lipless mouths. Some suggest that they are from another world, disguising themselves as humans to learn our ways. Others believe that they are experimental cyborgs in the employ of the government. The truth behind the men in black is still shrouded in mystery, and we may never know the identity of these strange stalkers.

Does anyone know earlier mentionings of the MIB? Any recent cases that are worth mentioning?

I think they were FBI types sent to investigate stuff that might be Russian military or US leaks.

From their the story morphed as copycats lied and included similar gov officials into other stories to add creditablity.

"If the FBI is involved it must be true!!"

When the FBI part was made up from the start.

Imho no supernatural occurence or oooparts hold up to closer examination.
edit on 6-1-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Some of my favs on them if others haven't checked them out yet:

∙The said first Men in Black encounter: was the Maury Island Incident. There's a film on it as shared here.

What makes the Maury Island Incident significant in UFO lore is its timing. It happened three days before pilot Ken Arnold's famous sighting of "flying saucers" over Mt. Rainier. The media called Arnold's account of what appeared to be disc's skipping across sky as flying saucers and that's where the term first originated.

"We don't know for sure if it's a hoax, but the reality of it is two people were killed and that's definitely not a hoax," he said.

The Incident is significant in UFO folklore for another reason, too. It's the first reported sighting a so-called "man in black," made famous by the series of comic books and movies where men dressed in simple black suits and white shirts show up mysteriously when aliens appear.
-from source linked above

∙Dan Akroyd(he has a UFO documentary) and others claims he seem 'em and they were told to not talk about them.

∙The footage one shared in a prior reply-(1940's(etc.) business men looking MIB) is damn creepy.

∙Art Bell Radio - Men In Black - Encounters with MIB

Bell with Jim Keith interview on them.
edit on 7-1-2017 by dreamingawake because: spell check fail

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   
My first encounter with Men In Black came after I posted something on the internet about aliens many years ago.

It seems, that used to be the "trigger" for them to appear, in the early days of the internet, when we all used to use "usenet" news groups.

Their appearance told me two things (judging from the manner they appeared):

1) They're watching us constantly.

2) They come from another dimension, not the one we live in.

The best way to understand who the men in black are, is to think of our world like the movie "the matrix."

These guys sit in another realm, outside of ours, and can simply "pop in" to our world and appear in front of us.

That's what they did to me.

Also, where they did it, (long story, motel parking lot), told me that they had been following me, and they had the "ease of movement" to enter and leave this space at will.

It seems, their goal was simply to inform me that they exist, and are watching, and to possibly observe my "surprise reaction" when they popped into my reality suddenly, spoke to me, then vanished just as fast as they came in.

It was really weird. Up to that point, MIB were to me just a fiction.

Now I know better.

edit on 7-1-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join