It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intelligence Report released “Assessing Russian Activities and Intentions in Recent US Elections

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
It's a war to save the media branch of government. RT must be stopped!

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Did I miss it, or has Trump released the special inside info he had that no one else had? Last I heard he was going to release his info on Tuesday or Wednesday of this week. Did that ever happen?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
The report is a typical example of a bitter outgoing Administration.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The CIA, NSA and FBI are an outgoing administration?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
Its amazing how some Americans have turned on their intelligence gathering community because it doesn't fit their messiah's paradigm.

Pity none of them did that when Bush was pushing his Iraq war rhetoric based on their assessments.

Quite a few people questioned the reports when Bush was President.

But with both parties in Congress agreeing, the complaints went bye bye.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

That's a far cry from saying there were no wmd's in Iraq then, isn't it?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

The CIA, NSA and FBI are an outgoing administration?

Yes.

They are in the Executive Branch of the current President.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

They aren't going anywhere.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

They aren't going anywhere.

And they will be in a new Administration Jan 20th.

For now (and for the last 8 years), they have been under the current Administration's direction.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Templeton
It's a war to save the media branch of government. RT must be stopped!

OH and to the thread..

It's not the Russians.

Many of my hacker friends never got caught making it look like it was coming out of China..

the NSA should have data that shows what happened since everything is filtered through them. So they could show the data without saying how they got it or even saying how they got it.. It can't change operational abilities... EVERYTHING is filtered so.. We already know that.. It does not endanger future operations to show the proof..

In fact it would show a good face to the NSA if they wanted a face.. And anyone who doesn't want a face maybe shouldn't face the american public with lies.
edit on 6-1-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

So they'll change their stance from the 20th Jan onwards then?

Somehow I don't think so.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
What the report implies is SOP for any country.

Two years ago, Obama sent his campaign team to Israel to beat Netanyahu.

If there as an anti-American PM candidate versus a pro-American PM candidate in the UK or Canada, you can bet easy money that we'd be influencing the pro-American candidate.

Putin obviously felt that he could work with Trump easier than he could with Evil Hitlery the SHE-demon Queen from Hell.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

You clearly don't understand how intelligence agencies work.

They don't stop and change everything because a new president comes in. They still do the same thing. The world does not change.

Stable intelligence gathering comes from stable assets, not from the flavour of the month.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell
a reply to: Chadwickus

You might want to check your history.

Yes there were weapons PRIOR to the 1st war. Subsequently the vast bulk of stockpiles were destroyed.

The UNBELIEVABLY CONFIDENT premise to the 2nd war was that vast quantities remained. While there were remnants of chemical weapons and dilapidated missiles there were certainly no stockpiles nor nuclear devices.

The UNBELIEVABLY CONFIDENT assessment that was made regarding WMDs, by design, killed hundreds of thousands of people.

I remember the phrase "Mushroom Cloud". LOL

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Did I miss it, or has Trump released the special inside info he had that no one else had? Last I heard he was going to release his info on Tuesday or Wednesday of this week. Did that ever happen?

Not that I've seen. Strange he didn't deny the hack in his statement tho... Almost like they showed him something that he believed was true.

I work in network security and Russian malware/virus/Trojan traces on any system, much less the system connected to a political entity is not far fetched. It's actually quite common. However, the ability to trace to a Russian IP for a GRU sponsored hack is far fetched. They are VERY careful to cover their tracks and avoid detection. Free, years old malware coming from a Ukraine IP would most likely link to organized crime or script kiddies.
edit on 6-1-2017 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

No, it is not.

There were no WMDs the second time around. The stockpiles had been destroyed, there were NO VIABLE WMDs.

Consider the intelligence that was used and the confidence with which it was stated to make the decision that was made, vis-a-vis invading Iraq. Do you not recall the hysteria at the time. People in Europe and the US were buying gas masks FFS.

That was all done on the back of "confident intelligence".

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike.Ockizard

There were obviously exaggerations. But for some to say there were no wmd's at all is also an exaggeration.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: Mike.Ockizard

There were obviously exaggerations. But for some to say there were no wmd's at all is also an exaggeration.

True but even the GOP grudgingly admitted nothing close to what was suggested was found.

Remember the diagrams of the manufacturing process and aerial photos? IMO the WMD claim was shot down pretty handily. But then I'm biased and Bush drove me nutz

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

You clearly don't understand how intelligence agencies work.

He clearly understands the political appointee process of which the CIA,FBI, and NSA are nothing but puppets of the executive.

Don't get me started on the number of foreign elections the CIA has rigged.

The FBI lost any credibility they had left with Comey and his 'extremless careless, and no intent'.

Which leaves the NSA.

The spy agency.

Which means they would be spying on political parties then.

Which means they knew before Russia did about the election rigged of the current administrations party.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

He clearly understands the political appointee process of which the CIA,FBI, and NSA are nothing but puppets of the executive.

Umm. Nope.

He - and you - understand the public face and apparently believe that's all there is to it.

The background does not change. There would be chaos if it did.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join