It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Video Emerges Of Same Chicago Teens Assaulting Trump Supporter

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
While I'd be willing to accept that lead plays some type of role, it doesn't seem to be a universal enough factor to effectively address any of the core issue(s).

Thank you -- that's all I'm saying: Lead plays a role. It's only one factor among many, and for too many it starts there.

We see similar behavior in areas that have no, or very little, presence of lead...

A couple years ago, I would have agreed, but not now that I understand how the prevalence of lead in water and soil has been knowingly and deliberately covered up, with no effort to measure or quantify its presence, much less its effect.

...and we see people coming from lead affected communities that would never act in such a deplorable way.

Very true. It is something that needs to be further studied and understood.

That said, as a health issue, it should certainly be addressed and rectified alongside many other areas of our ailing infrastructure. Preferably in a way that enables us to either continually update or replace these systems in the future with minimal effort.

Yes. And to educate folks to take their own precautions -- such as reverse osmosis water filters, etc.

I think its also important to note that aggression might be only one method of manifestation of the true issue. I believe there are deeper issues at play that are more significant as areas of focus, at least on this specific topic.

I think you're right. I think many factors are working together -- or against each other -- compounding and conflating and generally confusing our understanding of things.

Roughly a year ago, we had an employee who happened to be black and female. After two weeks, she began demanding a pay raise to the tune of double her current pay. She was an young entry level employee with no work experience... [snip]... if this was just a one-off experience, it would be different, but I have seen the same thing occur quite a few times in many different jobs and businesses.

My hubby and son tell me of similar experiences with employees. And no, it's not race or sex or anything like that. It's a sad state of affairs to be sure.

Honestly, on this particular issue, I really do believe a large percentage of the responsibility lies with the left side of the political spectrum. I can see how this could most likely be a result of fostering a victim mentality to secure votes. However, I do NOT believe the left is responsible for all the world's woes, or anything similar.

I totally agree. The left has very publicly and loudly exploited racial issues -- and people -- for their own agenda. They haven't helped anyone but themselves.

Maybe one of the biggest issues is that honest, productive discourse is nearly impossible when both "sides" perceive the other is wrong and inferior before words even begin. Generally, I avoid such discussions entirely because of that, but I think you, Boa, tend to be quite reasonable even if I don't always agree with your stance.

Thank you -- I appreciate that. I really try to be fair and reasonable and consider all angles and perspectives. And I am happy to be schooled whenever appropriate... and apologize where necessary.

Basically, I guess my point is that issues like lead are largely independent, but it could exacerbate these other problems in areas where there is overlap.

That's what I'm trying to say!!! From what I've researched and found, lead poisoning is a huge problem in specific areas with a profound and disproportionate impact therein. It's only because I had already researched lead poisoning in Chicago that I knew the area where this happened has one of the highest lead levels.... and thus made the likely connection.

Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a thoughtful reply and saying it so well.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
To hell with these pond scum, off to life in prison with them...

Definitely. There is no place in society for these monsters.

...to serve an example of where black on white hate crime leads to. The Obama years are over that coddled them while supporting and nurturing their violent racist ideology.

All such crime should lead to the same place, regardless of the races involved.

Obama et all didn't coddle them, they exploited them every way they could for their own political and financial purposes. Rather than griping about it after the fact, I want to take that weapon out of their arsenal.

Obama created open hunting season on whitey, it happened under his watch, he owns it.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: tjack
Lucky for them their toxic upbringing didn't leave them so bereft of logic and cognitive ability that they weren't able to pick such an obviously soft target.

Logic and cognitive ability? Hmmm... I would say it was instinct that picked their victim -- not logic and cognitive ability.

But lucky for the rest of us that their lack of logic and cognitive ability led them to livestream it and get caught.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Obama created open hunting season on whitey, it happened under his watch, he owns it.

Obama definitely owns the mega-role he played in the racial warmongering and everything else. He owns it lock, stock and barrel.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: Boadicea

OAKLAND

No lead:
www.ebmud.com...

High violent crime:
live105.cbslocal.com...

Liberal mayors:
en.wikipedia.org...

Hmmmmm....................

Thank you for making my point for me:

Your link: Oakland Dubbed Second Most Dangerous City In The United States

More:

Oakland's Toxic Lead Contamination Isn't in the Water. It's in the Buildings and Dirt, and It's Bad.

Oakland kids exposed to more lead contamination than in Flint, Michigan

Thank you -- much appreciated!!!

Your link

Children in Oakland may be exposed to more lead contamination than residents in Flint, Michigan, according to a new report.

Nearly six percent of children tested in the area of Oakland's Fruitvale District within the 94601 zip code had elevated levels of lead in their blood, much higher than the national average of 2.5 percent.

During Flint's 2014-2015 water crisis, five percent of children there tested had elevated lead levels. Five hundred children were tested in Oakland.

So 5%.

Hmmm...

Time: "Young Black Men Murder 14 Times More than Young White Men"
So, it’s just fake to pretend that the association of young black men with violence comes out of thin air. Young black men murder 14 times more than young white men. If the kinds of things I just mentioned were regularly done by whites, it’d be trumpeted as justification for being scared to death of them.

How do you compute these numbers against each other?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Oh. My. Goodness. You are literally grasping for anything rather than admit that lead poisoning is a problem... and one that we can actually do something about, and actually stop more violence and murder and mayhem. This is so freaking sad. The link between lead poisoning and violence is well studied and documented. The link between lead poisoning and inner cities is well documented -- though it could be better. The link between inner cities and gang violence is well documented. All of which takes us right back to my premise: The link between lead poisoning and Black violence.

Regarding my premise that most Black violence is committed by Black gang members, I'll start here: Gangs Blamed for 80 Percent of U.S. Crimes

But I'm looking for a very comprehensive and in-depth report about gangs that I read a few months ago. I'm having trouble finding it again, but I will post it when I do, and it gives very detailed breakdowns of these figures. If I remember correctly, this report addressed the "Black men murder more than White men" figures in that many Black gang members have murdered multiple times, so those statistics can be misleading if one does not understand what exactly they represent. Black male gang members are also far more likely to murder rival Black gang members -- not Whites. And White men are far more likely to murder Whites... including their wives and girlfriends. Incidentally, this report I referred to above also noted that White gang members killed more than Black gang members. Is that justification for us to be scared to death of all White men?

The vast overwhelming majority of Black men are not murderers. Never have been and never will be. Ever. It is a very small percentage of Black men who murder, just like White men, and the vast majority of those are gang members in the inner cities. If you can prove me wrong, go for it.

Beyond that, I have no idea what correlation you see between the percentage of kids testing out with lead poisoning in particular cities today has to do with national figures of grown men who would have been exposed 20+ years ago. The only statistics that I can think of that would be relevant would be the percentages of murderers who tested positive for lead poisoning. Even then, those numbers would necessarily be confined to those murderers who had been caught and convicted. I'd love to see those numbers -- for all murderers -- but I won't hold my breath. I will keep looking for that report though...

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Are black people the only ones ingesting lead?
edit on 6-1-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Are black people the only ones ingesting lead?

Big big sigh....

Of course not. However, as noted repeatedly, lead contamination levels are known to be highest in older neighborhoods and buildings, including the older homes in the inner cities where Black gangs -- and violence -- is also highest. Especially in the east and midwest. The main sources of contamination comes from water pipes and chipping paint.

But not always. In some areas, the soil can be contaminated; like Oakland, for example, or from long ago smelting processes that polluted the air and fell to the ground, like in Kellogg, Idaho.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

From the CDC:

While children's lead levels have steadily declined in recent decades, some populations of children are still at significant risk of lead poisoning.
  • In particular, children who live in older housing are more likely to have elevated BLLs than the population of U.S. children as a whole.
  • It is important to note, however, that no economic or racial/ethnic subgroup of children is free from the risk of having BLLs high enough to cause adverse health effects.
  • Of the children reported with confirmed elevated BLLs between 1997 and 2001, approximately 17% were non-Hispanic whites, 60% were non-Hispanic blacks, 16% were Hispanic, and 7% were of other races or ethnicities.
  • The children affected are more likely to be poor and from racial/ethnic minority groups that cannot afford appropriate housing.

edit on 6-1-2017 by Boadicea because: deleted redundant sentence

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Correlation doesn't mean causation.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
Correlation doesn't mean causation.

That's true. If you mean that in the sense that just because we know there's high lead poisoning rates of children in that area it does not necessarily mean that these kids in particular had lead poisoning, you're right. These particular kids may or may not have lead poisoning.

On the other hand, it has been medically established that lead poisoning does cause violent behavior -- most likely not in all lead poisoning victims, but some percentage, to one extent or another. So causation, not just correlation, has been proven.

And it is well known that the oldest (and poorest) areas of Chicago have a big problem with lead poisoning. I know water pipes are an issue, and that the true extent of the problem has been hidden by Chicago officials. Earlier this year it was determined that their testing procedures had to be revamped -- and re-performed -- in order to identify problem areas. (And the water commissioner resigned immediately!)

The best thing to come out of the Flint water crisis may be that other towns and cities are now taking a harder look at the lead issues in their own towns and cities.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

My apologies, I cannot find that report. I'm going to go through my old threads again, because I know I had discussed it after reading it. I don't remember if it was one of my threads or another one though.

However, while searching for that report, I did find this --

Leaderless Chicago street gangs vex police efforts to quell violence

-- which suggests that the report I'm trying to find may not even represent the current situation. Apparently, things have changed -- at least in Chicago. One of the persons quoted in this article attributes the changes in gang structure/activity to the elimination of the huge public housing projects in Chicago.

I would suggest it also has something to do with this:

How a whistleblower brought down Chicago police chief

Chicago Police Supt. Garry McCarthy Fired Week After Laquan McDonald Dash-Cam Video Released

I remember at the time the video was released that there was some scuttlebutt about this cop literally executing or assassinating McDonald for a rival gang (presumably, the Sinaloa cartel), but I never found anything more than speculation.

It may also have to do with the whistleblowers who exposed this:

Chicago Police Bosses Targeted Cops Who Exposed Corruption

If, as many have claimed, that the Chicago PD chief was working with/for the gangs and the Sinaloa cartel, then it would makes sense that once he was forced out of office that everything would change... creating a power vacuum of sorts, and the current chaos and mayhem we see in Chicago.... as opposed to the previous chaos and mayhem in Chicago... Ugh!

Anyway, I'll keep looking for that report, but it may not be representative of the current situation in Chicago.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Um, did you seriously just blame this on lead pipes and Mexican drug cartels?

I blame many things including lead poisoning (from various sources) and corrupt cops and bureaucrats... not just mentally and emotionally damaged thugs that don't know any better.

Just to be crystal clear, I also blame those who refuse to see how and why these monsters are created and therefore allow it to happen again and again and again.

Would you blame their culture? I can understand you wanting to get to the root of the problem. I find your OP interesting and thought provoking. You are trying to find the stem of the problem. With that you said you are not pleased with how other people have responded to the suspects, but have you considered that the one's responding might also be under the influence of lead poisoning? In order to look at anything without rose colored glasses, you have to have all the facts. You don't know if the suspects are poisoned by lead to the extent that it would cause them to do what they did. But I do like your questioning. Very good.
edit on 8-1-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

Would you blame their culture?

Culture is a huge part of it, yes. I'm not sure how the chicken vs egg argument would apply, but it seems to me that someone who is already mentally/emotionally compromised or damaged by chemicals, would be that much easier brainwashed by various influences -- by the "gangsta" culture, for example, or BLM rhetoric. Garbage in, garbage out -- both physically and mentally.

I suspect that another big cultural contributor is the social and intellectual segregation of the inner cities, both self-imposed and imposed by others, causing an echo chamber to one degree or another. Too many kids are raised not knowing anything else.

I can understand you wanting to get to the root of the problem. I find your OP interesting and thought provoking. You are trying to find the stem of the problem.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure -- I'm glad you like that approach too!

With that you said you are not pleased with how other people have responded to the suspects, but have you considered that the one's responding might also be under the influence of lead poisoning?

I have, actually -- and if not lead, then a host of other things polluting our environment and bodies! Fluoride, for example, deliberately added to the water for "our own good." But also chemicals inadvertently added to our water, such as synthetic hormones, psychiatric meds, and on and on. I don't think any of us are really in our "right minds" or at our best what with the systemic and constant onslaught on our minds and bodies from a multitude of sources.

I first began considering the lead aspect after reading an article about Freddie Gray and lead poisoning after his death, and its detrimental effects on mental abilities -- i.e., the basic ability to think and reason -- and emotional faculties -- including social skills and the most basic interaction with others. And the tendency for violence... sometimes due to an inability to control one's emotions, and sometimes for no seeming reason at all. Not surprisingly, lead poisoning has been shown to cause the set of symptoms we call autism, also associated with violent behavior. This was long before Flint. Since Flint, it's been reported again and again, all over the country, that lead is more prevalent than we think -- in our water, soil and home. And that this has been obscured and covered up all over the country!!! So I don't think we have any real idea of the total impact of the problem on any/all of us.

So yes, I do wonder...

In order to look at anything without rose colored glasses, you have to have all the facts. You don't know if the suspects are poisoned by lead to the extent that it would cause them to do what they did.

No, I don't. I would love to know for sure. I would love for someone to take a look at the totality of this evidence -- circumstantial though some of it may be -- and do their due diligence to prove it one way or another. For example, one place to start might be to test every single inmate in a Chicago prison for lead poisoning and see what we can rule in or out. There are plenty of folks who have tried to ring this bell to no avail. I didn't make it up; but having researched it as best I can, I think it's an issue that needs to be addressed.

But I do like your questioning. Very good.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join